Harrison Draft

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do you think that Mahomes will just sit on his contract in a few years, or will another one be written so that we will be compensated among the league best? We both know the answer to this.

They’ll re-up his contract to the top of the market every few years, just like they did two years ago. Didn’t affect his AAV (currently 9th in the NFL), but it gave him a $49 million raise over the next three years.

AAV hides fake years. Taysom Hill has a $10 million AAV contract. He’s as likely to see that money as I am.

Even Tyreek’s $30 million AAV deal was pretty fraudulent.

You seem to care very much about fraudulent numbers and agent PR. Enjoy that.
Jared Goff isn't even a top 5 QB. He's somewhere in the 6-10 range.

No vibes-based analysis here.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
A little additional speculation. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...vikings-will-affect-the-wide-receiver-market/

You certainly can make the arguments Harrison hasn’t proved anything yet and that WR is just a hot button position at the moment. I happen to believe that many scouts aren’t likely to be wrong on a legacy player. I also know the Cards had every chance to trade this pick and stayed put. I think that will result in an affordable, highly productive player who will impact the entire offense once fully integrated into that offense. The timing was perfect and the decision to take him was worthy of noting. Affordable impact players are one of the primary keys to successful teams.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A little additional speculation. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...vikings-will-affect-the-wide-receiver-market/

You certainly can make the arguments Harrison hasn’t proved anything yet and that WR is just a hot button position at the moment. I happen to believe that many scouts aren’t likely to be wrong on a legacy player. I also know the Cards had every chance to trade this pick and stayed put. I think that will result in an affordable, highly productive player who will impact the entire offense once fully integrated into that offense. The timing was perfect and the decision to take him was worthy of noting. Affordable impact players are one of the primary keys to successful teams.

Four years of MHJ for the price of one year of Jefferson.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IMO it is the realest. Do you think that Mahomes will just sit on his contract in a few years, or will another one be written so that we will be compensated among the league best? We both know the answer to this.

Jared Goff isn't even a top 5 QB. He's somewhere in the 6-10 range. I said sometimes the 6-10 range can reset the market, not every time. Besides, considering Jared's age, I'm not sure why you are using him as your champion.

I provided actual facts, you are the one working on vibes here.
Man the very fact that you typed this proves that what you’re postulating isn’t a “fact.” Do contracts rise YOY? Yes. Does every next contract automatically become the highest as you postulate? No. Particularly when you decide to start drawing arbitrary lines like top 1-5 do X and 6-10 do Y when there’s not even any factual demarcation of 1-5 or 6-10, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see chase and lamb get a skosh more or a skosh less than Jefferson. But neither is likely to get substantially more.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man the very fact that you typed this proves that what you’re postulating isn’t a “fact.” Do contracts rise YOY? Yes. Does every next contract automatically become the highest as you postulate? No. Particularly when you decide to start drawing arbitrary lines like top 1-5 do X and 6-10 do Y when there’s not even any factual demarcation of 1-5 or 6-10, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see chase and lamb get a skosh more or a skosh less than Jefferson. But neither is likely to get substantially more.
Who said that what you quoted was a fact? I didn't. I stated the facts about each QB becoming higher paid that the previous one as fact.