Hawks @ Suns Game Thread 3-1-13

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic doubtful to return with a back bruise. I hope it's nothing more.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is anyone on this earth worse at their job than Violet Palmer?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Marshall in for rest of game. This will be interesting!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Wesley Johnson is damn impressive...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Marcus Morris is lucky his career didn't end there. Landed weird on the right leg.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, me and Goran are butt buddies! I got ruined by a fold up seat at a spring training game yesterday, today found out I fractured my tail bone.

Let's hope Goran fairs better.

Sorry for your fractured tail bone. It sounds painful.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Wow Markieff made Horford look stupid there. Nice power/speed move to get that layup. Very impressive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Morris brothers are pushing each other in a game of one-up-man-ship.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Marcus Morris is pretty good. Not hype but he isn't void of skills and definitely better than any 2nd round pick this year IMO.

Reaction score
I want for us to trade Gortat and keep Jermaine. He could of bailed on this team and nobody would have blamed him. He has busted his a@@ out there. I would offer him a 2 year deal. Another training staff success story

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Marcus Morris another 3 ball.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I want for us to trade Gortat and keep Jermaine. He could of bailed on this team and nobody would have blamed him. He has busted his a@@ out there. I would offer him a 2 year deal. Another training staff success story

You do realize Jermaine O'Neal's odds of staying healthy are pretty loow?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Wes Johnson's defense is pretty solid.

Reaction score
I would still keep him at a reasonable contract. Grant Hill had a worse history than he does. Maybe they can get 65 to 70 games out of him

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Hawks Manager is an idiot. Where is Jeff Teague?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need to find someone to help Marshall's outside shot. It looks so awkward. Most of the time I wonder if it is just going to make it to the rim, much less, go in the basket.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many meaningless wins are we going to get to ensure we don't get a difference maker in the draft? Very Cardinalesque.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
How many meaningless wins are we going to get to ensure we don't get a difference maker in the draft? Very Cardinalesque.

This is the kind of win I don't mind though. Our starters outside of Goran did pretty much nothing. This game was won by the guys that could be the future of the team

Losing every game doesn't mean you get the 1st pick in the draft anyways. The Bobcats were record setting bad and still couldn't get Anthony Davis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The thing is, if Hunter is playing his bench, developing players and instilling a defensive philosophy that is something to be said. I'm with you, I want the ping pong balls, but I don't want the Suns to lay down. The addition of Marcus Morris and the development of Johnson are pluses beyond the draft. I hope the Suns can keep Johnson when he becomes a FA.

Something was going on between Hunter and Dudley earlier in the game where he did not see the court again. I don't know what happened (maybe nothing) but I do know Hunter is trying to install some discipline as well with the team.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hawks have one of the few announcing teams that I dislike more than the Suns so I set up my DVR to record the Suns group. Unfortunately, I just took a listen and somehow Direct TV screwed up the games, they have the home team on the visiting team channel and vice versa. Uggh. That means I'll have to live with 10 minutes of an announcer that is even more annoying than Albert. I already have a killer headache from the flu, this doesn't bode well for a pleasant evening.

Steve

Bummer for you. Steve and Eddie were quite pleasant tonight.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the KIA Card graphic is a little off-putting?

The thing that bugs me is Eddie/Annie's Notebook. Does it really need to fill the whole screen? I can't see what's going on!

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KIA (killed in action). Maybe it just stands out to me because of my time in the Marines. We had to carry Kill cards that had our personal info on it. The Kia car name doesn't stand out to me, but in context with the card and picture makes me think of killed in action. Maybe just in my mind.

They make a great car. I love my Optima! :)

Great value/performance for the money.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Alvin Gentry never even bother playing Wesley Johnson. His rotations were awful. Wesley Johnson with more exposure is looking better and better.