Hell's Kitchen

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I don't know the point of the show is to win and he merely took advantage of the fact that he knew the chef didn't like Chris. and let's not forget right before that Chris was telling him quite openly to nominate Elsie and the fat guy saying if it were me I'd have to nominate them. He had no problem sending either of them home.

On merit, he probably deserves to stay, but by now we all now merit isn't the end all in a reality show.

I just loved it when the "Patron" went up to ask about his food and chef thanked him and then basically told him to go away. Then one of the team members told the guy "you got off easy."

What I didn't like was Michaels scheme to sell lasagna to everyone I felt the chef should have nailed him on that.

I thought he told the "patron" to lose some weight.

I was glad Chris got booted. He was the big executive chef but never did anything as far I saw.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
What I didn't like was Michaels scheme to sell lasagna to everyone I felt the chef should have nailed him on that.

That's strategy, his team won the challenge, they took advantage of cooking first.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
That's strategy, his team won the challenge, they took advantage of cooking first.

True, but I was looking at it from the standpoint of the restaurant succeeding or failing. Clearly they did it because they knew it was harder to make, and I think one of the women back there said they were low on supplies for it too. So he did it knowing it would sabotage the restaurant. Since he was a server at teh time, I felt it was bad.

For the game yes I agree, smart move. I wonder if the chef figured it out too and that's why he awarded the round to the other team?

THe main interest for me in this show is I keep watching it thinking, is this guy really like that in his restaurant, and if he is, how can he possibly keep his employees? He's too good at it to be acting, so apparently he really is that way with his staff.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
That Michael guy is one manipulative dude, but is playing a heck of a game. Thought I was watching Survivor last night! Was surprised Chris got the boot.
Me too. That blew me away. The look on his face when he was nominated was priceless. Oh well. Since he's an EXECUTIVE chef, I'm sure he'll have a job to go back to. I just won't be eating there. ;)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SPOILERS.............................................

I dIdn't see Jessica's lifestlye decision coming although I should have. Her girlfriend is cute. :D

Next week should be good.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
Her girlfriend is much more attractive than her. My wife is hooked on this thing.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Chef Ramsay getting soft or what. Next week should be good, the way they are going the final looks cool. I have watched every episode, that and the 4400 are my summer shows.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I would go on that show just to drop that A-hole as soon as he got in my face.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael deserved to win so I'm glad he won. Ralph was really lucky to have completed his service with the staff that he had (Dewberry). In the end, Michael's food was just better.

I hope they bring this show back.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Michael deserved to win so I'm glad he won. Ralph was really lucky to have completed his service with the staff that he had (Dewberry). In the end, Michael's food was just better.

I hope they bring this show back.

Shooot - I forgot about this...

I was hoping Ralph would win - Michael is slimy

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elsie has a serious chip on her shoulder.

Glad Michael won.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
I was hoping Ralph would win - Michael is slimy

Thats interesting, I see it the other way around.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
All the back-stabbing/sabotage Michael did.

He did for sure but I would bet Joe was talking about Ralph at least twice letting someone else take the blame for a decision he very clearly made himself.

Pretty sure both times that person got sent home.

I will say in the end Michaels lack of leadership is going to be a problem, he is really hands on as opposed to delegating and I felt Ralph was better in that part. But I did think Ralph was equally slimy.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
He did for sure but I would bet Joe was talking about Ralph at least twice letting someone else take the blame for a decision he very clearly made himself.

Pretty sure both times that person got sent home.

I will say in the end Michaels lack of leadership is going to be a problem, he is really hands on as opposed to delegating and I felt Ralph was better in that part. But I did think Ralph was equally slimy.

Yeah Ralph was slimey and Mikey was conniving.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I didn't like either of them, but they were both obviously better then the rest.

Ralph is a bit of a hack though. It was clear the Michael's food was better.

The part where Ralph was trying to sell his food on the street was slimy as hell.

His menu sucked. A porterhouse is good, but I can cook it to anyone's preference. Doesn't take a world class chef to grill a steak.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I didn't like either of them, but they were both obviously better then the rest.

Ralph is a bit of a hack though. It was clear the Michael's food was better.

The part where Ralph was trying to sell his food on the street was slimy as hell.

His menu sucked. A porterhouse is good, but I can cook it to anyone's preference. Doesn't take a world class chef to grill a steak.

Medium rare please. And a loaded potato. Oh wiat, not ont he diet. Bring me a glass of water please. That'll be all.

I'm glad Michael won too. Ralph was a bit too big for his britches. I thought Michael just played the game...like survivor or somethin. Loved the show.:thumbup:

Now, someone bring me some dinner!

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not impressed at all with the cast this season. During the premiere I didn't see anyone I thought that was capable of winning.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
I too was not impressed with nayone. Maybe heather. But the first show was great. "Move your AAHHHSSSS!" I love chef Ramsey. he's so imbalanced! He goes on the challenge dinner with the girls & is smiling & having a blast. Then Poof, the A**hole is immediately back in the kitchen. Wow.

He wants to shove the pumpkin risotto up the guys bum. LOL. Love it.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
nm132 said:
I was not impressed at all with the cast this season. During the premiere I didn't see anyone I thought that was capable of winning.

I just told my wife the same thing...... it's almost like they "dumbed it down" to make for better television. Ramsey stopped getting on people's cases last season after the 5th show or so.......

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy that sweats all over the food or the chick that burned her hand is going to win.

Weird how they pick random people who have little training. I guess it makes for entertaining TV.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
The guy that sweats all over the food or the chick that burned her hand is going to win.

Weird how they pick random people who have little training. I guess it makes for entertaining TV.

Oops, the sweaty guy almost lost last night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan