Here's an idea

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
The leagues new pass defense rule will probably not go over real well. I don't think it will really be enforced once teams get into the red zone. Too small a space, too many people. The refs would be calling pass interference on just about every play. And that ain't gonna happen.

So with that in mind, why not reconfigure the field. Make it into an hour glass shape - about 40 yards in the middle widening out to about 65 yards at each end zone. More room, less penalties, more action.

Might make for a more entertaining game.

What do you think about that concept?

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
jeepers said:
The leagues new pass defense rule will probably not go over real well. I don't think it will really be enforced once teams get into the red zone. Too small a space, too many people. The refs would be calling pass interference on just about every play. And that ain't gonna happen.

So with that in mind, why not reconfigure the field. Make it into an hour glass shape - about 40 yards in the middle widening out to about 65 yards at each end zone. More room, less penalties, more action.

you're kidding right!?!?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG please stop!

A-Bomb

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be more interesting if the middle of the field was like 3 yards wide. Image that when you have the ball on the 40 LOL

All the wrs lining up to go through single file.

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
this is brilliant! and then the middle bottleneck area can ALSO be lined with landmines and have logs swinging back and forth! OH! and then there can be the SWAMP ZONE where the endzone is replaced by a deep bog filled with hungry alligators. maybe somewhere in the 'red zone' it's truly red... WITH LAVA! what a great idea this is! someone put this guy on the Bureau for Better Ballsports

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
this is brilliant! and then the middle bottleneck area can ALSO be lined with landmines and have logs swinging back and forth! OH! and then there can be the SWAMP ZONE where the endzone is replaced by a deep bog filled with hungry alligators. maybe somewhere in the 'red zone' it's truly red... WITH LAVA! what a great idea this is! someone put this guy on the Bureau for Better Ballsports
Now that's just crazy talk.

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
By the way, in your signature you have a typo. It should read pizza delivery driver...not deliver driver. It reads funny the way it is.

I'm not big on correcting typos on internet forums, but I just thought you'd like to get it right.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepers said:

No thanks.

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
jeepers said:
By the way, in your signature you have a typo. It should read pizza delivery driver...not deliver driver. It reads funny the way it is.

I'm not big on correcting typos on internet forums, but I just thought you'd like to get it right.

Are you a Minnesota Vikings fan by chance?

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
No thanks.
Traditions are hard to break.

Image John Facenda rolling out with...." on the frozen hourglass at Lambeau Field..."

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
so far away said:
Are you a Minnesota Vikings fan by chance?
Why would me helping out another poster make me a Vikings fan? It's not like I told him his zipper was down in public or anything.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepers said:

BIM

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
We should just play football on a boche ball field, there'd be more contact.

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
Oran said:
We should just play football on a boche ball field, there'd be more contact.
To may injuries from slipping on the palino.

Plus bocce is played on court, not a field.

And the Detroit Lions would have a decided advantage. Steve Mariucci is an accomplished bocce player. Tournament championship caliber.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply by knowing what a palino is, you've gained some respect in my book. Now, you have very little instead of none at all.

Nice work, Bocce Boy.

PS--I love playing bocce. Bocce rocks.

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Simply by knowing what a palino is, you've gained some respect in my book. Now, you have very little instead of none at all.

Nice work, Bocce Boy.

PS--I love playing bocce. Bocce rocks.
That would make you the second best bocce player in this forum.:p

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
i dono, this Jeepers guy is kinda crackin me up. He may not have anything real specific to add to the actual football conversation, but at least he's kinda funny. :thumbup:

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
schel said:
too :cool:

(Just showing you what a BIM is ;))
indeed, a 'BIM' is one of the most self-rightous and annoying things someone can do to you. correct your spelling/grammar. because that's SO incredibly important.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I always thought baseball would be more entertaining with a pack of wild dogs in the outfield. Perhaps bocce is more appropriate?
It's like sophisticated horseshoes, only you can still keep the beer-in-hand handicap.

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
indeed, a 'BIM' is one of the most self-rightous and annoying things someone can do to you. correct your spelling/grammar. because that's SO incredibly important.
You're welcome.

OP
OP
J

jeepers

Rookie
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I always thought baseball would be more entertaining with a pack of wild dogs in the outfield. Perhaps bocce is more appropriate?
It's like sophisticated horseshoes, only you can still keep the beer-in-hand handicap.
I'll bring my bocce balls to the tailgate. I'm sure we can set up a makeshift court.