Honest question.....who would pay to watch these guys??

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jimmer: 23 pts, 5-7 from 3, 5 rebounds, 5 assists vs Suns last night

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be a good time to revisit the OP's question. An unqualified YES! from me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It might be a good time to revisit the OP's question. An unqualified YES! from me.
Yeah, I thought this team would be worth watching before the season started, but not because I thought they would be winning games. I just figured with the uptempo style that they wanted to play and the athletes they have would be fun to watch, but not only have they done that they have also played really good defense and efficient offense in the 4th quarter.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
They have suprised nicely the first 10 games. Knew the backcourt could be stellar but serious reservations still about the front court long term. Morris has put in some good work that was not expected. Plumlee may be a steal. Frye still a bum. As nice as they have performed they may still trade away guys for future picks so wont go to more than 2 or 3 games this season. My original post was about paying customers spending there entertainment dollar to see these guys. Still dont see it. Fun to watch on Tivo but a morgue live for what it is worth.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have suprised nicely the first 10 games. Knew the backcourt could be stellar but serious reservations still about the front court long term. Morris has put in some good work that was not expected. Plumlee may be a steal. Frye still a bum. As nice as they have performed they may still trade away guys for future picks so wont go to more than 2 or 3 games this season. My original post was about paying customers spending there entertainment dollar to see these guys. Still dont see it. Fun to watch on Tivo but a morgue live for what it is worth.

Wrong. You don't appear to have watched a game. A morgue live? Are you serious? There has been electricity in the building both home and away.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Your probably right. 4 home games is not a large enough sample size to determine what the home attendance will be like or the atmosphere. They have an opportunity to build momentum and continuing the buzz they have created by winning the next several games.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just had to bump this. I knew this team would be better than the pundits gave them credit but in my wildest dreams, I never thought they'd be THIS good. And fun to watch? You bet! Probably in the top five of all teams in the league for fun factor.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we could add a player right now that makes us a contender, and is not a short term fix, I would be all for it. Forget the picks and FA etc.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still the arena looks more than half empty. When will the bandwagon fans jump on?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think after the Cardinals are eliminated and the holidays are over you'll start to see the seats filling up. The local radio, even still, gives the Suns a fraction of the air-time that the Cardinals and Sun Devils get. There is a lot of competition for peoples money right now, and I think the many of the tortured Suns fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Before the year started the team lacked face to market and had basically told the fans not to expect much success this year. Its a lot to overcome as far as convincing the fan base to invest both financially and emotionally with the current team.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake