how can you not review that last throw by kurt?

Kody

Registered
Reaction score
wtf?!

also why wasn't harrison thrown outta the game? he should be fined at a minimum

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
EXACTLY! WTF? Seemed like the refs just "wanted to got out of dodge"! :(

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It was reviewed.

Eh fans see what they want to see.

I understand what you're saying but to me the proper thing to do was at least do a booth review, it wouldn't have hurt anything and would have given more time to the game to find some kind of closure.

Brady I think at least gets a booth review, it was pretty bad to just call it.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Eh fans see what they want to see.

I understand what you're saying but to me the proper thing to do was at least do a booth review, it wouldn't have hurt anything and would have given more time to the game to find some kind of closure.

Brady I think at least gets a booth review, it was pretty bad to just call it.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. unfortuantely I had to watch this in Philly where I'm hearing from "geniuses" around me that the play was obvious.. you review that play 99 times out of 100, only time you don't is when its against the Steelers.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The official line from the VP of Officiating is that it was reviewed in the booth. However, the booth officials believed that they saw nothing that required them to call for a time out to review the play for a longer period of time.

Translation: We did look at it, and it was pretty clear from our perspective.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
The official line from the VP of Officiating is that it was reviewed in the booth. However, the booth officials believed that they saw nothing that required them to call for a time out to review the play for a longer period of time.

Translation: We did look at it, and it was pretty clear from our perspective.

Where was that? Not calling you out or anything but wondering what he had to say about various other calls

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
More like covering their behinds. It's in the past now and I want to move on anyways.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Where was that? Not calling you out or anything but wondering what he had to say about various other calls

I heard it on ESPN Radio driving home from a Super Bowl party - I'll see if I can't get it on a web link for confirmation.

Reaction score
Just saw the crawler at the bottom of the ESPN screen. NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira determines it was in fact a fumble there at the end, on the Cardinals last possession.

Great game, Cardinals. Thanks for playing. Steelers just made enough plays to finish the game.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
He was hit before, but his arm was still going forward with the ball in it. :shrug:

Agreed, he had a half a hand on it.. is that possession or not? The slow mo had it looking a little wobbly.. I dunno.

BTW, wow was Deuce schooled.. just there blocking no one most of the play.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I think the replay booth took a look at it upstairs and decided it wasn't worth reviewing because it was an empty hand coming forward. At least that's the only sensible explanation i can think of

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great game, Cardinals. Thanks for playing. Steelers just made enough plays to finish the game.

Thanks for Holmes getting one foot in the endzone....or, thanks for thug Harrison being able to play the rest of the game... goodbye! Not trying to be a bad sport here, but I tend to read into little funny quips like her's as being condescending.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
I think the replay booth took a look at it upstairs and decided it wasn't worth reviewing because it was an empty hand coming forward. At least that's the only sensible explanation i can think of

That is what they are claiming and that is ridiculous. Whether or not it was a fumble, you don't let the super bowl end on a questionable play. AND IT WAS A QUESTIONABLE PLAY

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
SteelCityMom (or something like that) has been great...but yeah, I get your point, I guess.

Every team has exceptions (and yeah, I agree she is one of them.. saw her posts b4 the game and she is one the few)

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That is what they are claiming and that is ridiculous. Whether or not it was a fumble, you don't let the super bowl end on a questionable play. AND IT WAS A QUESTIONABLE PLAY

Yeah - there's a article on Yahoo! Sports stating just that - regardless what the booth thought, they should have taken 2 more minutes just to look it over.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah - there's a article on Yahoo! Sports stating just that - regardless what the booth thought, they should have taken 2 more minutes just to look it over.

I keep hearing from people how it was so obvious it didn't need to be reviewed.. never before have I been so pissed off about a call, and thats saying something. The refs messed up by not reviewing it.. and stupid Philly fans are just making it all the more worse