How Long Before A Move Is Made?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. The sky certainly is falling. This thread is hysterical.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Keep in mind that in Europe, people take international play very seriously. It's really hard to describe- basically, the entire nation is watching, and if someone doesn't play for their National Team, it's viewed as a very negative thing (At best, it's viewed as "Oh he is too important for us and our country, Mr. Big Shot" and at worst it could be viewed as "He is a traitor.)

Slovenia is one of the better countries when it comes to not being overly nationalistic, but refusing to play for your country is still viewed negatively, so cut the new guy a little slack- it's a European thing.

Having said all that, while I appreciate how things work in Europe, NBA players are rich because their NBA teams pay them a lot of money, so the NBA team (their employer) should be able to say "No International play.) In my opinion, giving Dragic a new contract HAS to come with a strong "No International play" clause. It's not a big deal when you are a bench guy in your early 20s, but when you are the best player on a team and you are almost 30 years old, it becomes a bigger deal.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Doesn't really apply since we're not interested in him, but in a stunning move, the Pistons have released Josh Smith.

Granted, I don't like him at all, but that's a lot of money to lose.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Doesn't really apply since we're not interested in him, but in a stunning move, the Pistons have released Josh Smith.

Granted, I don't like him at all, but that's a lot of money to lose.

I had the same reaction. "Stunning" is a good word for it!

doesn't smith at least sound a bit tempting?

A bit. He reminds me a bit of Tim Thomas, not so much in terms of his game but in terms of talent getting derailed by attitude. Thomas worked well during his brief stint with the Suns, but that was a contending team that needed him to be a role player. If Smith comes, the Suns might as well try to make a starter out of him, and that's a riskier endeavor.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. The sky certainly is falling. This thread is hysterical.

Agreed. If an outsider read the hyperbole being tossed around here they'd have to think we're a 10-20 team in salary cap hell.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
doesn't smith at least sound a bit tempting?

Even two years ago it might have been, but now, I think it would just make our problems worse. We need fewer, better players, not more players. I suppose we could cut Plumlee.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had the same reaction. "Stunning" is a good word for it!

A bit. He reminds me a bit of Tim Thomas, not so much in terms of his game but in terms of talent getting derailed by attitude. Thomas worked well during his brief stint with the Suns, but that was a contending team that needed him to be a role player. If Smith comes, the Suns might as well try to make a starter out of him, and that's a riskier endeavor.

I think Smith belongs in just the situation you mentioned--a contending team that needs a role player.

Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Memphis, Golden State

Errntknght

Reaction score
Agreed. If an outsider read the hyperbole being tossed around here they'd have to think we're a 10-20 team in salary cap hell.

Is it any better to be in middle-of-the-pack Hell with the coach showing signs of not being able to lead us out of it? Cap Hell is on the horizon as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it any better to be in middle-of-the-pack Hell with the coach showing signs of not being able to lead us out of it? Cap Hell is on the horizon as well.

My crystal ball says otherwise. And I don't buy into the "destined to be middle of the pack" idea either. Healthy, this team is winning at a rate of 2 out 3 games. I know that few here share this view but I'm enjoying watching them play. It isn't a great team but I see no reason this team won't at least be in the playoff race this season. I say "this team" because injuries and/or trades might change who we are.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

No it's worse. Fans of 10-20 teams can at least dream that they land the next Durant, Westbrook, LMA etc in the draft while we have to hope for a diamond in the rough.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas on the Suns PG situation

You must be registered for see images

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even two years ago it might have been, but now, I think it would just make our problems worse. We need fewer, better players, not more players. I suppose we could cut Plumlee.

Miles Plumlee is a huge bargain for a backup center. See link below.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm

Tolliver would be the better player to waive if need be. Anyway, a contender is likely to pick up Smith.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
You couldn't find a bigger font, sf88? :p

All he said seems to be true. He is a big part of what we do and they are trying to make it work.

That quote was apparently taken way out of context.