How Many Years Do JG And MO Get?

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
MO hasn’t done anything well in terms of drafting or FA signings.
In fact I would say he has done worse than the previous GM on both fronts. Everyone loved his trade for PJ over Anderson but that doesn’t look great in hindsight given our pass rush and still terrible pass blocking oline. This past draft he had 7 picks in the first 90 and made some major blunders it looks like.
FA has been non existent for his entire tenure so much so people are questioning if Bidwill is hamstringing him.

JG does have a depleted team in talent but this team has been listless some these games including this one and the commanders. His coaches don’t seem to understand how to develop game plans for blitzing on defense or motion and play calling on offense.

If this season continues on this terrible trajectory how many years do these guys get?

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they get another year maybe two if there's sufficient progress made by the team (however you want to define that). I think Petzing should be on the hot seat right now.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
This loss isn’t quite the same as the commanders loss IMO. there was many factors to the loss but outside the first quarter the team moved the ball fairly well. Harrison ran the wrong route on his first target, and dropped the target on his concussion play. Connor and Dortch fumbles were killers, and the demercado fumble on the hand off was just fuel to the fire after the game was already out of hand. The lack of pass rush as we see in every game is one our biggest problems and will remain so throughout the season. Personally I think the OL held up pretty well this game, at least in the passing game.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 44 years prior to Ossenfort, there have been 5 GMs. Just one, Buddy Ryan, lasted less than 5 years. 4 out of those 5 GMs had less than a .400 WP.

Ossenfort is getting 5 years minimum

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
MO hasn’t done anything well in terms of drafting or FA signings.
In fact I would say he has done worse than the previous GM on both fronts. Everyone loved his trade for PJ over Anderson but that doesn’t look great in hindsight given our pass rush and still terrible pass blocking oline. This past draft he had 7 picks in the first 90 and made some major blunders it looks like.
FA has been non existent for his entire tenure so much so people are questioning if Bidwill is hamstringing him.

JG does have a depleted team in talent but this team has been listless some these games including this one and the commanders. His coaches don’t seem to understand how to develop game plans for blitzing on defense or motion and play calling on offense.

If this season continues on this terrible trajectory how many years do these guys get?
2025 will be the decision year.

OP
OP
602 Native

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
In the 44 years prior to Ossenfort, there have been 5 GMs. Just one, Buddy Ryan, lasted less than 5 years. 4 out of those 5 GMs had less than a .400 WP.

Ossenfort is getting 5 years minimum
Of the two I like JG way more than I like MO. He has had two years in terms of collecting talent and so far he has collected very little.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
We’re “building through the draft” but how many of Monti’s players from his 2 drafts are making contributions on gameday?
Probably above league average I would say although not sure on the actual data. If we had SOMEWHAT of a pass rush I think this would already be a much different season.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I would say next year is the decision year. If we don't see significant improvement next year MO and JG will be gone. So far, I have not seen the improvement that I expected.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just want to root for a good fun football team. I hate that we are perpetually questioning the coach, questioning the GM, questioning the QB. Life of a Cardinals fan.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22