How Many Years Do JG And MO Get?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put it in the Packers thread but I am going to put it here where it really goes:

This was a terrible FA class, a terrible draft, and a terrible roster. Preseason it was clear this teams depth was paper thin.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's been discussed a bunch but this draft just had a bunch of weird decisions that were compounded because they were all in the same draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We also took a RB for absolutely no damn reason in the third
We needed an RB. Conner won't last much longer. Whether or not that's the right RB is fairly up for debate.

It looks like an ass draft class as a whole so I don't hate it as much as I probably should. The oddest choice was trading back in round 2 when there was still some DL talent on the board OR not trading back into round 1 using picks to get the last of the quality players. It seems right now that Monti was adding mid round picks in a draft he should have been getting off of them.
We still should have gone CB but not moved back. Our secondary is as trash as the rest of the defense, and it's obvious Melton was a panic pick.

Reactions: PJ1

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I just want a fun team. We're bad AND boring.

DHop was great and making plays on the sideline, at winning 50/50 balls, and at YAC.

Christian Kirk could get open, and could get behind the defense too.

I so wish we had either 2020 DHop or Kirk. I think the offense would be a lot more interesting.

McBride is clearly our most effective passing target right now.

And I think DP called two designed runs for our most dangerous runner today.

One of them, a 1st down run near the goal line, was called back because of Zach "the rascal" Pascal's one millionth holding call this year.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We needed an RB. Conner won't last much longer. Whether or not that's the right RB is fairly up for debate.

We still should have gone CB but not moved back. Our secondary is as trash as the rest of the defense, and it's obvious Melton was a panic pick.

Brandon Coleman and Jonah Ellis went right after Benson. Both would be impact players right now. I am guessing they thought Coleman would be there and they panicked and took Adams...with Beebe still on the board.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

There were at least decent vet CBs on the FA market after the draft. Maybe Melton falls to round 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were at least decent vet CBs on the FA market after the draft. Maybe Melton falls to round 3.
Spending money or high draft picks on CBs is a total exercise in futility if you have no DL. CBs are totally dependent on what’s in front of them and it’s almost impossible to accurately gauge them with one the worst pass rush groups I’ve ever seen.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Spending money or high draft picks on CBs is a total exercise in futility if you have no DL. CBs are totally dependent on what’s in front of them and it’s almost impossible to accurately gauge them with one the worst pass rush groups I’ve ever seen.
You know Monti is serious about building the lines because he keeps signing and drafting DBs.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Somehow, after an offseason with a boatload of cap space and 7 picks in the top 90, our defense is actually worse than it was last year. That's not easy to do considering how bad the defense was last year.

Meanwhile, Will Anderson looked like a DPOY candidate today.