How Many Years Do JG And MO Get?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m honestly sick of coaches with this team only getting 3-4 years and then we start all over again. Arians should have been here for 2-3 more years or until he retired. I want to see JG get 5-8 years to really build out a program. I think he’s a good guy and a great coach, and I think he needs some serious talent upgrades on the team. I quietly envy teams like the Steelers that can hold a coach for 20 years at a time and win with them. I want to see a program built, not a 3 year refresh with a new coach all the time.
I get what you're saying. The problem is, the owner isn't going to fire the GM and keep the coach. I currently have zero faith that Monti can build this roster, let alone re-build it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I am certain the Cardinals will keep their HC if he is Hall of Fame HC.
Eh… they didn’t with Arians and he’s got a pretty good resume as HC of three different teams, winning a coach of the year for the Colts, turning the pathetic Cardinals into an actual contender and then winning a Super Bowl with the Bucs.

My God… what if Arians had stayed and gotten Mahommes? We’d probably be the a poor man’s version of the Chiefs… which would still be pretty damn awesome.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
John Harbaugh didn’t have a losing season in his first seven years as a head coach. In his fifth season, he won a Super Bowl.
People have turned the "retain excellent coaches" argument into "retain a guy no matter what for the sake of continuity". It's ridiculous.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People have turned the "retain excellent coaches" argument into "retain a guy no matter what for the sake of continuity". It's ridiculous.
It's tough. I think that Jonathan Gannon is a perfectly cromulent head coach. Odds are you're not going to find someone better than him, but oods are about the same that the next guy you hire will be much better than him, either.

Problem is that if he's 16-35 after three seasons, it's going to be real hard to keep telling the story that "winning behaviors" add up to success.

Because he'd be 19 games under .500.

OP
OP
602 Native

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
It's tough. I think that Jonathan Gannon is a perfectly cromulent head coach. Odds are you're not going to find someone better than him, but oods are about the same that the next guy you hire will be much better than him, either.

Problem is that if he's 16-35 after three seasons, it's going to be real hard to keep telling the story that "winning behaviors" add up to success.

Hence why MO has to deliver in terms of talent which he hasn't done on either side of the ball.

I like JG but he also has to get this team buttoned up on execution. Its inexcusable for guys getting time to look lost during the game and not know plays.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Yeah, that kind of performance will get a coach fired every time, fair or not. He knew what he was signing up for with this ownership group and roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We saw the same bewildering thing with Ryan McDonough on the Suns board. Trying to maintain consistent GM/Coaches tenure, when those tenures produce inconsistent, if not downright awful play on the field, makes no sense.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We saw the same bewildering thing with Ryan McDonough on the Suns board. Trying to maintain consistent GM/Coaches tenure, when those tenures produce inconsistent, if not downright awful play on the field, makes no sense.
People grasping at straws, trying to understand how good organizations work. They don't work by retaining proven failures!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22