I Am Totally Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I can't take this board anymore.

As much as I honor and respect so many of you, I just can't accept the nasty comments from some of you. They rip me.

I have tried to be respectful to everyone on this board.

I do not get the same in return.

I've been contemplating this since Skkorp passed away when I stood alone in disgust at what Darren Urban wrote about Skkorp being a "Glass Half Fuller Type"...and one poster chimed in and said, "Way to go, Mitch, making the thread about yourself like you always do"...or something to that effect.

That thread was all about preserving Skkopr's legacy and this guy says it's all about me?

I took a long break from that one.

Tonight I posted a thread where I ask the board to chime in by saying any thoughts?

And from a so-called moderator I get

"My only thought is that you like to hear yourself talk."

That's a breach of the decorum set out by Skkorp, and quite frankly I probably would have never lasted this long without him.

I wish you all well...and I will miss those of you who were so nice to me...

But...it's really tiome for me to sign off.

I am not looking for sympathy or any repsonses...in fact, will that same moderator please lock down the post.

I just know when enough is enough.

Take care,

Mitch

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch,
I like your posts and contributions, but really enough with the drama. You obviously care and it bothers you. If you don't want to participate in the board fine, just stop logging in and posting. Really it's a freaking message board. No need to get all spooled up. Take care and have fun rooting on the Cards.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
While a lot of the flak you take is unnecessary, there's no reason to take the insults too seriously. I think most here appreciate your input the majority of the time, and understand sometimes that you can sometimes go overboard in your enthusiasm.

Either way, you bring interesting ideas and great reads on many things, whether or not I agree with everything you say. No need to take your ball and go home just because someone is rude to you.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch,
I like your posts and contributions, but really enough with the drama. You obviously care and it bothers you. If you don't want to participate in the board fine, just stop logging in and posting. Really it's a freaking message board. No need to get all spooled up. Take care and have fun rooting on the Cards.
P.S. If you really are leaving can I pretty please have your A$FN bucks?

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Mitch, the world is a cold heartless place and a human life is one of misery. And yet, I choose to live. There is also love and warmth and joy. I believe these things are true on "the board" and in life. Do not deprive the world that the rest of us live in of the color and flavor that you add. Yes, you will never be understood or appreciated, but you are a part of something I love. I have held love's death in my arms and felt it's last breath on my cheek. I do not suffer death easily, do not die to us.

If I were a writer of any measure I would have written words like these:

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?

Think about it, disappear...and then return.
Carddan

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is unfortunate. Although I disagree with you at times, I respect and appreciate your input. Above that I can tell you are a genuinely good person. If you must go, I hope the best for you.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch, while I did not always agree with you, I ALWAYS RESPECTED YOUR OPINION. I certainly hope that you give yourself the opportunity to think this over, and seriously re-consider leaving this board permanently. You provide a point-counterpoint position that will be greatly missed here, and a vast knowlege of the game that some of us will NEVER possess.

I understand the hurt that you feel, and would just ask you to consider that (NOT HAVING YOUR INPUT AND DEMEANOR) on this board can only make it harder for the rest of us who believe in Skkorp's teachings about genuinely caring for, and helping out the members of this board, as our numbers have diminished by one, (AND THAT IT IS A VERY SIGNIFICANT ONE) at that.

For those of you who would take pleasure in the fact that we have potentially driven off a poster who has made some very great contributions to this board, I would say. PLEASE read the sticky at the top of the forum, (TO MY ASFN FAMILY) by Skkorpian. He sooooo wanted us to help make this a KINDER/GENTELER place. While many here follow his precepts fastidiously, there are some who persist in going for the throat, and for looking for the negative in other's posts, only to embolden the negative and diminish the positive of those posts. This is a hurtful process, and seldom leads to any good.

I would ask that EACH poster here, look within himself, and cease such commentary to the negative. It is one thing to exchange friendly banter, ----- yet another to be hurtful with your comments to the point of creating a situation such as we now face. On top of that, it is VERY poor form to encourage someone to go ahead and leave if they can't take it. This activity is positively the opposite of what Skkorp envisioned with his creation of this place. Having a forum that welcomes ALL to contribute in a kinder/gentler manner was his hope, and is the very reason that most of us are here on this board. THAT is the very esscense of what makes this board different from all the others.

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess I should add a little more (please take this as constructive criticism). I don't particularly agree with your takes. You've said for 2 years to BSP is one to watch, you've repeatedly suspected various scrubs would be "difference makers" which never really ever come close to being true. Beyond that, you seem to say the same thing over and over and over.

With that said, I choose not to read your posts, which anyone here can do. Therefore I really have no issue with any of your writings. My attention span on a messageboard doesn't allow me to process 7-8 paragraphs of writing, so your posts are not for me. So I would advise you to ignore the nay-sayers and continue on with your thing. If you're looking for respect, you will never find it on the internet.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mitch, I would ask you this?
What would you say to one of your high school kids that wanted to quit because of the razzing he was taking from his team mates?

I personally hope you stick around.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Mitch, you should stick around, dont let the stressors get ya; that is what the ignore is intened for. You can enjoy the board and filter out those that bug you...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't take this board anymore.

As much as I honor and respect so many of you, I just can't accept the nasty comments from some of you. They rip me.

I have tried to be respectful to everyone on this board.

I do not get the same in return.

I've been contemplating this since Skkorp passed away when I stood alone in disgust at what Darren Urban wrote about Skkorp being a "Glass Half Fuller Type"...and one poster chimed in and said, "Way to go, Mitch, making the thread about yourself like you always do"...or something to that effect.

That thread was all about preserving Skkopr's legacy and this guy says it's all about me?

I took a long break from that one.

Tonight I posted a thread where I ask the board to chime in by saying any thoughts?

And from a so-called moderator I get

"My only thought is that you like to hear yourself talk."

That's a breach of the decorum set out by Skkorp, and quite frankly I probably would have never lasted this long without him.

I wish you all well...and I will miss those of you who were so nice to me...

But...it's really tiome for me to sign off.

I am not looking for sympathy or any repsonses...in fact, will that same moderator please lock down the post.

I just know when enough is enough.

Take care,

Mitch

It's nice having someone I almost disagree with on every issue. The fact of the matter is that we are all Cards fans. We aren't opposing team's fans.

Stick around. Even if I disagree with most of your views, I must say that they are entertaining. I respect you as a poster. It would be a shame if you left.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do stick around, I want to ask one question and please do not take this question with any negativity since I really want to know. If you are tired of getting ripped, why would you post this? Also, why would you ask this, "in fact, will that same moderator please lock down the post."? It seems to me that this is just going to stir the pot more.

Never mind, I was there once too and couldn't stay away.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...diamondbacks-section-of-this-forum-76598.html

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gawd, I wish the season would start

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Mitch, your stuff really adds to this board.

You know you need to have a thicker skin to some.

I like your writing; I liked it before your name was "Mitch" and you went away for awhile...

Don't punish those of us who enjoy your thoughts and experience because of those who differ in thoughts and opinion.

Sometimes, you won't be right; most of the time I wouldn't be smart enough to know.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, you raked me over the coals and I didn't quit - I just stopped reading and responding to your posts.

Oops, except I guess I've read and responded to one of your posts just now, didn't I? But it's only because when I read the thread title about you being "out", I thought you were going somewhere else with that thought. But anyway, I'm sure that it won't ever happen again, especially if you're not coming back.

But if you do decide to Cowboy Up and come back into the fold (which I'm sure would make many more here happier than sad) I'm more than willing to go back to our old "double-secret ignore" scenario and welcome you back. (Except that I won't really actually post "welcome back" because of the whole "double-secret ignore" thing, but you know what I mean)

JTS

By the way, you know it is possible to put people you don't care to hear from on "ignore"? That way it's a lot easier to take the high road when someone berates you on a message board. Take this from the personal experience I gained from you. :)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Greenwich does NOT produce quitters Mitch! Now grab your glove & cap and get your ass back in the game!

;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to stay...stay.

If you're going to leave...leave.

No need for any "look-at-me-I'm-leaving-the-board" threads.

:violin:

:attentionwhore:

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I want to secret message you Mitch so don't close down all the way, ok? Love ya!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05