I Am Totally Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Mitch, is this necessary? You do not have to broadcast to the world that you are leaving something as benign as a social message board. But I will say this.

In this board, as in real life, not everyone is going to like you or agree with all of your posts, regardless of how contrived and verbose they are. You have to learn how to take counterpoints and personal attacks with a grain of salt and not take things like that to heart. That's the beauty of this MB is that it is so democratic that everyone has the opportunity to discuss their points openly.

With that said, there are plenty of Cards' boards on the web where you can chat if you so choose and feel more comfortable. You know the door is always open here, but man, you have to learn to be a little more thick skinned.
+1

Now let's all have a group hug and prepare for the Charger game, okay?

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is this a joke?

Waaa waaa waaa, anonymous internet message board posters aren't offering up BJs with every post of your's they read. Boo-effin-hoo. My God, the constant barrage of tears and the "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine from you is getting a bit redundant

Everyone knows that there are a few mods who regularly abuse their power (though I don't believe Chris Sanders was too far out of line in this instance). There is nothing we can do bud. You know you'll be back in 3 days anyhow, so why the show?

I'll be expecting a write-up on the Chargers game by noon Sunday.

Classy... I disagreed with Mitch the majority of the time, but this comment is a bit inappropriate don't you think? I am not trying to create an argument, just expressing my disgust with this statement.

Now proceed to rip me all you want. :D

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch,

I seriously didn't mean to set you off. I just thought it was funny you made such a huge post to say "The Cardinals need an upgrade at pass rush if they are going to make the playoffs."

So I made a poorly thought out attempt at humor and for that I apologize.

While your style of posting may not be everyone's cup of tea, there are many who appreciate your contributions (myself included believe it or not). So stick around, the place wouldn't be the same without you.

You must be registered for see images

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also don't think this is the appropriate place to take shots at either Mitch or myself.

If you wish to take a shot at me you can shoot me a PM. I promise you that nothing will come out of it beyond me reading it. I just may disagree with your assessment of me ;)

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
The age disparity and background differences on this site is huge, but we almost all love the different Arizona teams.

Everyone watches the games differently and for different reasons and then post here for different types of discussions, and that has to be tolerated. The variety on this board is what makes it great. If you are looking to share your disgust with something about the team, you can do that, if you want to be extremely positive you can do that, or you can even **** around. You don't like what someone says most the time, then ignore them.

Although I think we can all agree that Chris_Sanders sucks. :) Still pissed you deleted my Shawn Marion post a few years ago, I worked hard on that. ha

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At 72 years old, I know that life is short and hard. I use this board, and others, to escape from the harsh realities of life. I really enjoyed Mitch's posts, as they were meaty, usually well thought out, and they gave me plenty of Cardinal food for thought. I know that Mitch must have put plenty of thought and effort to bring those articles to life. And while I enjoyed reading them, I'm sure he enjoyed writing them, so I'm asking him to reconsider his decesion to walk away. I do hate to see mean spirited responses, but not responses that disagree with someone's opinion, and think that Chris Sanders should be complimented for stepping up and apologizing. Like I said, life is short.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I was drawn to this board because it seemed to be like a family (dysfunctional at times) but still like family.

Mitch, you were more than just a poster, you did put orginal thought into your threads and post. You had to know (your family) not everyone was going to agree with you. I know a lot of people that like Jim Rome and I know a lot of people who can't stand him. Do you think he is going to walk away just because he takes a stance on an issue, and then finds out most of his listeners disagree?

From one Cardinal fan to another, I hope you stay, but some would say you have backed yourself into a corner with no escape. That is not true here, this is your family and most would welcome you back with open arms, except for the brother (or sis) who has a brother complex.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also don't think this is the appropriate place to take shots at either Mitch or myself.

If you wish to take a shot at me you can shoot me a PM. I promise you that nothing will come out of it beyond me reading it. I just may disagree with your assessment of me ;)

You told me if I PMed you I would be banned for a year Chris, whats the deal?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Classy... I disagreed with Mitch the majority of the time, but this comment is a bit inappropriate don't you think? I am not trying to create an argument, just expressing my disgust with this statement.

Now proceed to rip me all you want. :D

Sorry, I just can't stand continued whining, as he makes one of these threads once a month.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch,

I seriously didn't mean to set you off. I just thought it was funny you made such a huge post to say "The Cardinals need an upgrade at pass rush if they are going to make the playoffs."

So I made a poorly thought out attempt at humor and for that I apologize.

While your style of posting may not be everyone's cup of tea, there are many who appreciate your contributions (myself included believe it or not). So stick around, the place wouldn't be the same without you.

You must be registered for see images

Classy reply Chris ----I takes a person with a lot of heart to make an apology like this. You are to be commended for this---and I tip my hat to you. Thank you for manning up. I respect that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch you are good people and many many many around here love what you write. Always going to be differing opinions and naysayers. Just brush it off and push forward.
Join, Mitch stick around.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Geeez, I bitch at my wife for her love for soaps. I can't gripe at her if I continue to read this board. Save the soap crap and man up to the table.

GET OVER IT MITCH!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Quelle surprise!

What a surprise!

1. Mitch loses it.
  2. The "Mitchettes" say not to worry, please stay, blah, blah, blah.
  3. Mitch apologizes for losing it and basks in the good wishes.
  4. Mitch spends the next few weeks congratulating almost all on their posts.

Loses it... gauges reaction... apologizes...sucks up...

Seen this "********" at least a dozen times over the years.

If he goes anywhere, I'll be quite surprised. I get the impression that this is his life.

Last edited:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully?

So we're different colors and we're different creeds and different people have different needs. It's obvious you hate me though I've done nothing wrong. I've never even met you so what could I have done?

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand. People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand. Help me understand.

Now you're punching and you're kicking and you're shouting at me and I'm relying on your common decency. So far it hasn't surfaced but I'm sure it exists. It just takes a while to travel from your head to your fist (head to your fists).

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand. People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully?

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand. I can't understand. What makes a man hate another man? Help me understand. I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. I can't understand (people are people) what makes a man (why should it be) hate another man.

Help me understand...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So were different colors and were different creeds and different people have different needs. It's obvious you hate me though I've done nothing wrong. I've never even met you so what could I have done?

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand.
People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand. Help me understand.

Now you're punching and you're kicking and you're shouting at me and I'm relying on your common decency. So far it hasn't surfaced but I'm sure it exists. It just takes a while to travel from your head to your fist (head to your fists).

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand. People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully? People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully?

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand.
I can't understand. What makes a man hate another man? Help me understand. I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. I can't understand (people are people) what makes a man (why should it be) hate another man.

Help me understand...
I hate that song.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't understand
what makes a man
hate another man.

Help me understand.

So that's how the song goes? I always thought the song said "what makes a man date another man?

This throws a whole different light on its meaning.

JTS

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm hoping it was just a "bad hair day..."

An attempt to put all of this in perspective:

1. Mitch invests a lot of time writing & posting comprehensive pieces analyzing various aspects of Cardinal strategy and the roster.

2. It adds value to this board.

2a. And because of the time and effort Mitch devotes to this board, he no doubt takes it personally when he feels he's being disrespected by some of those who write critical responses.

However:

3. It doesn't mean that Mitch is right 100% (or in some cases possibly 50%) of the time. Nor does it mean we don't have the right to state our disagreement where appropriate.

4. In fact, you might say: "The longer and more frequent the pieces Mitch writes, the bigger a target for criticism they become. Nothing against Mitch - just the laws of mathematics and human nature.

5. This board is a cross-section of Cardinal fandome (and to some degree, people overall), the things differentiating folks populating this board from the general population at-large being: (a) nearly all of us root for the Cardinals. (b) we tend to be intense in our feelings and (c) those who spend a lot of time on this board by definition are likely to be a bit "obsessive."

6. Which means - you are going to get a cross section of kooks, casual fans, die-hards, friendly people, angry people, camp followers of specific players, stats guys, jocks, liberals, conservatives, knuckleheads, newbies, people with their own personal agendae etc. reading and reacting to Mitch's material. He therefore, should expect to get a cross section of reactions - fair, unfair, hero worshipping, attacking etc. It comes with the territory.

7. Plus - when someone writes long pieces, there's an automatic negative bias in peoples' reactions to them. Many readers will find themselves agreeing with 90% of what's said, but - because we're a forum - they'll want to add their 2-cents. So, after saying something like "I agree with most of Mitch said" they will then write several paragraphs about the things they disagree with - because they rightfully feel they can add something to the overall thread.

8. I'll admit I do not spend a huge amount of time reviewing the give and take of various Mitch threads (possibly some things were said that were hurtful and out of line) but it's too bad Mitch can't look at all of this philosophically and realize "it ain't personal"; it's just a bunch of us Cardinal crazies doing what we do.

So I hope Mitch will agree that he simply got up on the wrong side of the bed today and will rejoin us here in the looney bin.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

1. Mitch invests a lot of time writing & posting comprehensive pieces analyzing various aspects of Cardinal strategy and the roster.

I don't like to see any posters leave the board.

Yet, I disagree with this analogy. Nobody asks him to put time and effort into posting. That is his decision to do so, just like any other poster.

Mitch will make his own decisions, and if he doesn't like how he is treated on this board and wants to leave, then that is his decision.

Heck, I have spent days on certain posts, and thought "This is gonna be a good one" and like two people read it. But, hey, what I thought was good must have sucked. Oh well, that is how it goes.

As I have been reminded by Ouchie, and Cheesebeef "It is just a message board, ya schmuck, take it easy."

So, I look at it as "We do this together". (do you feel the sap come out of your ears after reading that! LOL) It is the whole forum that makes this place great.

As for having thick skin, I agree. If you put yourself out in the limelight you are going to subject yourself to nasty comments, insults, and what not. And ASFN keeps this "under control" for the most part, and does it better than any forum I have ever been on, so good luck finding a more civil board cause I don't think one exists.

And to go even further, I think "heated debates" are part of what makes this place great. How can you learn if everyone agrees about everything. I miss "debating" with Tango, K9, Cheesebeef, Ouchie, etc., etc. And those debates got CRAZY, and insults and what not. But in the end they made you think outside your personal box. I mean Cardfanmd, and I have had some EPIC debates, just look back at the Fitzgerald debate, nuff said.

But, those debates, and disagreements are fewer and fewer because of stuff like this. Someone just takes it too personally, and we got water stuff down. Really the only place you can get a good debate anymore is to call Warner a pansy and wait for Moklerman to show up. :D

Anyway, this thread is ridiculous. Five pages over someone wanting to leave. If Mitch has decided to leave then so be it. It is his decision. Someone will come along to take his place.

Best wishes to Mitch, and all that.

Can we please go back to talking about football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05