I Am Totally Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I realize I'm very new here, but I'd miss you insightful take on things. I very rarely post in them, but I do read them and a lot of your assessments match how I feel on things (more insightful tho). I'd miss those posts most of all on this forum.

Many of us feel differently towards things and I've been in some heated arguements on here already as well. Maybe not to the point you described, but they have been heated(many page threads). Please don't give in to those wanting you to leave and rob the posters on here that look forward to your observations on things.

I admittedly have a couple posters here on ignore and hopefully you'll decide to stay and turn on ignore on the posters that are upsetting you. Hopefully I'm not one of them that have upset you, but I realize that posting this may upset at least a couple posters.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch, I wonder if you don't have some kind of 'Favre complex'

freebyrd

Reaction score
mitch your articles were top notch much luck in all your endeavors

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Hey maybe we can reduce the forum to nothing but linked articles! Weeeeeee! Since apparently nobody else has the nads to post some original thought. C'mon fellas, step up and state something you thought of yourself. Good luck with that.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this a joke?

Waaa waaa waaa, anonymous internet message board posters aren't offering up BJs with every post of your's they read. Boo-effin-hoo. My God, the constant barrage of tears and the "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine from you is getting a bit redundant

Everyone knows that there are a few mods who regularly abuse their power (though I don't believe Chris Sanders was too far out of line in this instance). There is nothing we can do bud. You know you'll be back in 3 days anyhow, so why the show?

I'll be expecting a write-up on the Chargers game by noon Sunday.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
it's a fans board. why get all upset about anything? You do realize that we have very little,in fact no, effect on the Cards players or coaches.It's not like Bill Davis is reading this board and thinking , "wow, i never thought of a 5-1 defense,i'll try that." It's a place to come and put out our thoughts and have some fun. Don't take things,or yourself, too seriously.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a fans board. why get all upset about anything? You do realize that we have very little,in fact no, effect on the Cards players or coaches.It's not like Bill Davis is reading this board and thinking , "wow, i never thought of a 5-1 defense,i'll try that." It's a place to come and put out our thoughts and have some fun. Don't take things,or yourself, too seriously.

Matt Leinart called. He is claiming victory.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Hey maybe we can reduce the forum to nothing but linked articles! Weeeeeee! Since apparently nobody else has the nads to post some original thought. C'mon fellas, step up and state something you thought of yourself. Good luck with that.

What he said. I liked Mitch.

That said, everyone on a message board is full of digital courage, so you can't let the naysayers get to ya.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch you are good people and many many many around here love what you write. Always going to be differing opinions and naysayers. Just brush it off and push forward.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course you're looking for sympathy & response. That's why you come on and make a big deal about leaving. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mitch pull this same stunt several years back, during the Denny Green era, if I remember correctly. I have had enough Brett Favre for one year. If you are going to retire, then stay gone.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's a LOOOONG offseason, the worst part is right before you make it to the bathroom you've waited 100 miles for.

I'd say just take a few days off and come back fresh, it's seriously a lot rougher in P&R, they chop limbs off in there.

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
Why can't you guys just give Mitch a break? He is not looking for sympathy, he's being considerate enough to tell you he won't be posting anymore and why. Skorp would be ashamed of most of you, as far as civility is concerned.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey, I had a few good Jerry McGuire posts over on the World Sports forum...and, by-the-by, the Magpies are undefeated out of 3 thus far in the Championship :D

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I would recommend that you get emotional, be offended, and take a stand when someone infringes upon things that are truly important in life, such as your family, your friends, your health, and if you are so inclined, your God.

This here....this is just an internet message board...about sports no less. Mostly people you don't know personally, and those you do know probably aren't the problem.

I learned a long time ago that you shouldn't take life too seriously, cause you're not getting out of it alive anyway...

If that one doesn't do anything for you, then maybe the old standy "Sticks and stones..." passage from your childhood is appropriate here.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Take care buddy. I always liked reading what you had to say. If this place makes you miserable though then you shouldn't spend your time here. We'll sure never replace Skkorp. If he were still here, he'd probably be the one guy who would have the words to put this thing right. But the man, and this board as it used to exist, are gone. Take care Mitch. Peace.

Last edited:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Why not let the guy vent a little? I would bet that he doesn't want to actually leave and just gets sick of some of the types of responses so gloriously offered in this very thread.

Sure, it's probably a case of taking things too personally but what purpose does piling on serve? Why would you want to run the guy off by tormenting him even more than he feels right now? I could see it with a Seahawks fan or something but this is supposed to be one of the guys you support.

Bad form by many if you ask me.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Come on Mitch, is this necessary? You do not have to broadcast to the world that you are leaving something as benign as a social message board. But I will say this.

In this board, as in real life, not everyone is going to like you or agree with all of your posts, regardless of how contrived and verbose they are. You have to learn how to take counterpoints and personal attacks with a grain of salt and not take things like that to heart. That's the beauty of this MB is that it is so democratic that everyone has the opportunity to discuss their points openly. Some people can choose to react to something you say immaturely, but to respond in an equally immature fashion doesn't make things better. Two wrongs never make a right.

With that said, there are plenty of Cards' boards on the web where you can chat if you so choose and feel more comfortable. You know the door is always open here, but man, you have to learn to be a little more thick skinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05