I am vegan; Ask me anything

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't know it was so easy to find an egg substitute for many recipes. Do you make your own or buy it?

https://www.bhg.com/recipes/vegetarian/vegan-egg-substitutes/

We buy "egg replacer"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Which is a powder to use in recipes, but this is what I was asking about which you can use to make scrambled "eggs"

https://veganliftz.com/just-vegan-egg/

I tried the "Just Egg" brand and it's pretty good. Still a bit too pricey, but not too shabby

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We buy "egg replacer"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Which is a powder to use in recipes, but this is what I was asking about which you can use to make scrambled "eggs"

https://veganliftz.com/just-vegan-egg/

I tried the "Just Egg" brand and it's pretty good. Still a bit too pricey, but not too shabby

I'm not vegan but I have just about given up on eating omelets because it requires too many eggs and the egg substitutes have gotten so expensive. I miss omelets though so much I may give egg substitutes another look.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
have you ever gone a full day since becoming vegan without telling anyone that you are vegan?
I do. I go whole weeks or months. I got celiac disease later in life. I realized to only tell people when I could not eat what they were offering me. Other than that, everyone only cares about what they eat. No one really watches what you eat if you don't mention it. Now I am vegan for health reasons. Again, I don't mention it because it's my way of eating. No one even notices or remembers except other vegans I work with.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I do. I go whole weeks or months. I got celiac disease later in life. I realized to only tell people when I could not eat what they were offering me. Other than that, everyone only cares about what they eat. No one really watches what you eat if you don't mention it. Now I am vegan for health reasons. Again, I don't mention it because it's my way of eating. No one even notices or remembers except other vegans I work with.
I am allergic to shellfish and such...crab especially. Nobody in my family seems to understand the concept that I will actually die, lol...
mom buys crab, I remind her I cant eat it,..she says no worries I got chicken too..its in the fridge... I look in the fridge and there is the chicken.....sitting right under the leaky bag of crab...so I order a pizza

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am allergic to shellfish and such...crab especially. Nobody in my family seems to understand the concept that I will actually die, lol...
mom buys crab, I remind her I cant eat it,..she says no worries I got chicken too..its in the fridge... I look in the fridge and there is the chicken.....sitting right under the leaky bag of crab...so I order a pizza
If I go to someone's house I bring a dish, or a salad, etc. Most people are happy to have something they don't have to make. Eating out is risky if they have shell fish on the menu because of cross contamination. I get that. Usually I can find a restaurant where I can eat at least something, just for the social aspect of it, and try and minimize the risk by what they serve on the menu. My family is pretty good about not putting spoons from one dish into another, etc. I cook almost everything, so I know what has what in it. Stay vigilant! :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Now, now. This isn't the CrossFit thread. ;)
i just lmao when I saw this thread because last monday at work I had a conversation with this girl...she was vegan,...I know this because she told me five times during the course of our two minute interaction, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm