I can't believe many of you guys don't think we're much improved!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I responded to Shane's comment at the end of his post but it's gotten so long I thought I would start a new thread up.

How can many of you do not believe we have gotten better? We are in the game in the fourth! I don't feel like turning off the television in the fourth! Why do some of you say the score is not an indicator? It is the biggest indicator. Teams do not want to keep it close and beat us in the end! It's too risky. So many bad things can happen to the opposing team when the game is close. What if Dillon had fumbled when we had been down by five in the fourth and we ran it back for a TD? What if one of the corners that was covering one of our guys fell down and one of our receivers was wide open and could run for the score. What if Scobey had found a crease (like we know he can) and ran it back for a score or close to it? What if Brady had gotten hurt, a back up came in, and the whole office stymied for the Pats and they threw an interception. Or what if we ended up playing better at the end of the game? It happened in the Minnesota game, it can happen to any team on any given Sunday and it did in several games I saw on TV. None of those things wouldn't have even helped us in years past!

So I ask you how can some of you not be happy with our progress? We are very close! I would bet anyone 5 g's we'll make it to the playoffs in three years I'm so confident..yeah they're is a chance we won't but I think it would as sure a bet as any I could think of, which is pretty amazing for the Cardinals.

Last edited by a moderator:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I responded to Shane's comment at the end of his post but it's gotten so long I thought I would start a new thread up.

How can many of you not believe we have gotten better? We are in the game in the fourth! I don't feel like turning off the television in the fourth! Why do some of you say the score is not an indicator. It is the biggest indicator. Teams do not what to keep it close and beat us in the end! It's too risky. So many bad things can happen to the opposing team when the game is close. What if Dillon had fumbled when we had been down by five in the fourth and we ran it back for a TD? What if one of the corners that was covering one of our guys fell down and one of our receivers was wide open and could run for the score. What if Scobey had found a crease (like we know he can) and ran it back for a score or close to it? What if Brady had gotten hurt, a back up came in, and the whole office stymied for the Pats and they threw an interception. Or what if we ended up playing better at the end of the game? It happened in the Minnesota game, it can happen to any team on any given Sunday and it did in several games I saw on TV.

So I ask you how can some of you not be happy with our progress? We are very close! I would bet anyone 5 g's we'll make it to the playoffs in three years I'm so confident..yeah they're is a chance we won't but I think it would as sure a bet as any I could think of, which is pretty amazing for the Cardinals.
:thumbup:

EDIT: let me add some substance..... the cards are more competitive then I can recall in the last 3 years. The team seems to have a chip on it's shoulder and players seem to be all about improving. If that is not an indication of improvement, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
clif said:
:thumbup:

EDIT: let me add some substance..... the cards are more competitive then I can recall in the last 3 years. The team seems to have a chip on it's shoulder and players seem to be all about improving. If that is not an indication of improvement, then I don't know what is.

Didn't think my post had any substance huh? :D I do seem to get less replies compared to someone like Shane though even when it's new stuff :(

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
What if they could have scored after being on the 11 rather than run 3 plays for -22 yards? The "What if" game is always fun....
I am ever hopeful but I don't see much yet...given alittle time, maybe but right now...no. The Pats were looking past the Cards, they were making mistakes left and right, the Cards didn't play well at all, IMO...

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well the what if happens a lot in the NFL when there is only one score or two between two teams. If we stay that close to teams every game I bet you we will pull out some of them...

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
Didn't think my post had any substance huh? :D I do seem to get less replies compared to someone like Shane though even when it's new stuff :(
no it was not a shot at you... it was a shot at someone who said I don't add much substance with my posts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:

I'd make a comment but I agree completely so there is not much to say. I guess I could add substance with a :raccoon:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Iam a happy Cardinal Fan, Cards are moving in the right direction, And I love Dennis Green and everything he has been doing. To not have to suffer sitting watching blowouts, I cant believe. As long as the Cards are hanging around in the 4th, I'm happy. :thumbup:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
clif said:
no it was not a shot at you... it was a shot at someone who said I don't add much substance with my posts.

Dont worry, my posts usually never have much substance. Usually it is just a :raccoon: which I will use here as I concour with SunCard:

:raccoon:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
2004 = Below average team
2003 = Embarassingly crappy team

That's an improvement.

:raccoon:

by the end of this season I expect us to be an average team

end of 2004 = average team
2005 = above average team, maybe playoff team
2006 = definate playoff team, possible super bowl contendor!

I BELIEVE!!!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I see definite improvement with the 2004 team over the 2003 team. The defense actually has a pass rush and 2 decent starting corners and overall the special teams are a lot better. The offense (other then Emmitt Smith :D ) is struggling but that is to be expected with all of the injuries and offensive line changes in training camp.
The Cardinals will be around .500 when December comes. The season is very long and on a positive note the Cardinals have avoided the major "injury bug" over the 1st two weeks of the season while a lot of other teams are getting decimated by them. Cardinals need to get to their bye week with at least a 2-3 record and they will be in great shape for the rest of the season. I don't think they can climb out of a 1-4 hole so getting 2 wins in the next 3 weeks is essential to any playoff hopes in 2004.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

Last edited:

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
I see definite improvement with the 2004 team over the 2003 team. The defense actually has a pass rush and 2 decent starting corners and overall the special teams are a lot better. The offense (other then Emmitt Smith :D ) is struggling but that is to be expected with all of the injuries and offensive line changes in training camp.
The Cardinals will be around .500 when December comes. The season is very long and on a positive note the Cardinals have avoided the major "injury bug" over the 1st two weeks of the season while a lot of other teams are getting decimated by them. Cardinals need to get to their bye week with at least a 2-3 record and they will be in great shape for the rest of the season. I don't think they can climb out of a 1-4 hole so getting 2 wins in the next 3 weeks is essential to any playoff hopes in 2004.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim
i think losing bolden was a huge injury but what do i know im just a falcons fan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05