I can't do it

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It kind of pissed me off a little bit when they mentioned his favorite memories. His favorite Memory was winning the championship in highschool, his second favorite memory is getting drafted (or was the next one playing for the Knicks? I can't remember... and then being able to play for Garnett, plus a few other things. They asked if one of his favorite memories was winning that amazing playoff game with the Suns or being with the Suns and he said something like that was way down the line.

Why do players always have to rip on their former teams at least in some way and say how great their new teams are? Eventually they just sound like hypocrites. Why doesn't he say something like "I'm happy to be here but I also have great memories to take with me from time I was with the Suns...The Suns and Knicks are two of the classiest organizations in the league...." That makes everybody happy and you don't look like a hypocrite :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan
It kind of pissed me off a little bit when they mentioned his favorite memories. His favorite Memory was winning the championship in highschool, his second favorite memory is getting drafted (or was the next one playing for the Knicks? I can't remember... and then being able to play for Garnett, plus a few other things. They asked if one of his favorite memories was winning that amazing playoff game with the Suns or being with the Suns and he said something like that was way down the line.

Why do players always have to rip on their former teams at least in some way and say how great their new teams are? Eventually they just sound like hypocrites. Why doesn't he say something like "I'm happy to be here but I also have great memories to take with me from time I was with the Suns...The Suns and Knicks are two of the classiest organizations in the league...." That makes everybody happy and you don't look like a hypocrite :)

Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I thought he said his favorite memory was winning the high school championship. That was followed by being drafted and then putting on the New York Knicks uniform (he might try to block his entire week out of his memory after the 0-2 start and last night's Palau). When they asked him about making the playoffs with the Phoenix Suns and something else I thought he said those were team accomplishments rather than individual accomplishments.

Anyhow, that's the way I heard it.

Joe Mama

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by creed
Really I think its hilarious that Marbury is stinking in NY. They been kissing his * every since hearing about the trade and both games so far he hasnt gotten above 10 points. I mean have we ever seen him score below 10 points?? Not only have we seen it once but twice now in NY...WHOA!

The way I saw it, Marbury wasn't the skunk - his NY teamates couldn't catch his passes and when they did, they couldn't hit an open shot.

Add me to the catagory of those who feel bad for feeling happy that NY is loosing.:confused: :mad: :D

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan

I actually didn't hear that soundbite, but in general, I've felt he's handled the trade very well. He was just as classy when he was traded from New Jersey. In fact, when Kidd was making a jerk of himself ripping our team to shreds, and getting all the love from the media, I felt bad that nobody mentioned how classy Marbury was being.

I want New York to lose, but I hope Marbury does well.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I did hear wrong.....Why does the media still call him "the problem child?" Just because he wanted to get off the Timberwolves when he was a kid?