Do Suns blow it up?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Beal has said several times during the season that we will do what is best for the team. If that included being more of a facilitator some nights, versus other nights having to be more of a scorer.

I don’t think he would have any issue as the 6th man.

I have suspicions that Beal is one of those fake leaders that tries to tell everyone what they want to hear in the media. He’s talking about how important cohesion and teamwork is but he threw himself a pity part in game 4. He’s talented but not a winning player to this point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well if he’s not willing to do what’s best for the team then he was the wrong guy to acquire. Dude has never won anything so you’d like to think he’d sacrifice for the greater good.
Who are you to say that is best for the team? I swear, it's amazing how many armchair GMs we have here.

If they want to bring him off the bench and he'll do it, then great, do that. If he refuses to do so, then ok, look at options.

I'm just saying as of RIGHT NOW, I believe that the chances of this iteration of the Suns not starting Bradley Beal in 2024-2025 has 0% chance of happening. That doesn't mean I disagree with the notion, just what I think the reality is today.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Free agent treads will start soon. Fined a point guard and fire Vogel. Who starts is moot you have to have two of the big three on the court all the time. Find a coach that can use the bench.
Agreed. The goal should be to have a PG, a defensive wing/shooter, and a strong rebounding center on the court with 2 of the big 3 on the court as much as possible. At the end of a close game where ISO scoring and drawing fouls becomes more important, then all of them can be on the court...but it should not be the offensive game plan.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why would they want that? Sure, he stunk it up in the last game, but there is nothing that indicates that the Suns want to move on from ANY of the big 3.
Trades. They could decide at some point to parlay Beal into something else.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't say there was. I said "They could decide at some point".
But it's not up to the Suns. The ball is in Beal's court, so to speak.

We do know though that if the Suns are going to shake up the front office/coaching staff, they need to do it soon, because leaving James Jones in charge of the 2024 draft is a nightmare scenario to me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it's not up to the Suns. The ball is in Beal's court, so to speak.

We do know though that if the Suns are going to shake up the front office/coaching staff, they need to do it soon, because leaving James Jones in charge of the 2024 draft is a nightmare scenario to me.
If they relegate him to coming off the bench and it makes him unhappy, I am sure he would waive his no trade clause. It would be one way for the Suns to facilitate something happening knowing Beal wouldn't be happy with that move.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If they relegate him to coming off the bench and it makes him unhappy, I am sure he would waive his no trade clause. It would be one way for the Suns to facilitate something happening knowing Beal wouldn't be happy with that move.
You actually think this group will do that? I just don't think Vogel has the personality to even suggest that to Beal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Even if he waived his no trade clause, no one is trading for Beal on that contract.

We gambled that his decline in production and his loads of missed time was because he was stuck on a terrible, tanking team... we lost that bet.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Even if he waived his no trade clause, no one is trading for Beal on that contract.

We gambled that his decline in production and his loads of missed time was because he was stuck on a terrible, tanking team... we lost that bet.
Maybe Hawks would move Trae Young for Beal. I read somewhere that Lakers were interested in Trae, maybe a 3-way with Russell, Hachimura, Vincent coming to Suns would work.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Bay Area sports radio is all about the Warriors trading/reuniting with Durant for one more run. Just speculation, but both stations have been talking about it every time I tune in.