I Don't Care ....

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I had so much fun watching this team this year.

Thank You very much guys!!

A few role players here and there and lookout west.

Congrats to the Spurs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
A bitter pill to swallow, western conference finals appearances are few and far between. It's a shame we couldn't bring it back to San Antonio. It will be interesting to see what our roster shapes out to be next year...hopefully Sarver is willing to pay up.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not really as mad as I thought I would be. Spurs are a hell of a team.

I am sure the boys will be back at it very soon.

Reaction score
This was one of the best rebuilding years ever. Everyone is young and rising.
I refuse to be upset over this loss.

I'm very excited about next year.
Thanks to all the Suns players and staff.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
I'm only mad and frustrated about a couple of things...

Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson.

I would be able to accept it more if these guys were able to contribute just a bit freeking more. I'm dumbfounded about their ineptness in this series.

If Amare catches one person smiling in the lockeroom, he's probably going to slap them across the head.

Anyways, SA is one helluva team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT YEAR - This is only the beginning folks - only the beginning...

Amare will be the MVP of the league next year.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
GREAT YEAR - This is only the beginning folks - only the beginning...

:thumbup:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
He has a lot of work to do on his defense on a consistent basis for him to be the MVP. But he has the fire and the desire to do it. Definitely in couple of years.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, Shawn's shooting wrist has been in extreme pain since that hard foul and tumble during the Memphis series.

I don't know what q's excuse is. We needed him and he didn't show.

To win a championship, you have to have a little luck. It seems the Suns always have the key injury. One day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
He has a lot of work to do on his defense on a consistent basis for him to be the MVP. But he has the fire and the desire to do it. Definitely in couple of years.

I'm teling you - it's gonna be next year. This series was a total wake-up call for him. He wants to be the best and he has the ability to do so - I believe he will be the best big man the NBA has ever seen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
To be fair, Shawn's shooting wrist has been in extreme pain since that hard foul and tumble during the Memphis series.

that's complete and utter crap - no one said SQUAT about his wrist when he was playign the Mavs and it should have only gotten better with time.

Both of them were pathetic in this series - there's no excuse for either one.

That being said - JJ, Amare and Nash are our Big Three that will lead this team to the promised land and I can't wait to see them continue to grow.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Its been a great year and a great building block. I don't know why but the analysts at ESPN were acting like this would be our one and only chance at this and I doubt it. We got beat by a better team plain and simple. They had experience, we had none. They had depth, we had none.

All of our bad habits were exposed in this series (and once again here in the 3rd qtr tonight). With a few adjustments, a willingness to go after the loose ball, a willingness to play defense, and an ability to rebound and add a little depth. We do that we will be back once again and back to the finals

It sucks we lost but that could be great motivation for next year. THIS TEAM WILL GET BETTER

Even with all of our bad habits exposed and no depth whatsoever, we still gave a great team a little bit of a run for their money. Even spurs fans will agree that none of those games were gimmes.

Last edited:

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
Great game !! I tip my hats off to Spurs... they are one helluva team

Hopefully this is start of Spurs VS Sun Western Conference Finals for many years to come

What can I say about this team. Entertaining basketball, competetitive spirits, heart that never quits....

I AM PROUD TO BE A SUNS FAN !!!! :D

Cant wait for next year.. go suns!!!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
great year. as everyone said, this is the tip of the iceberg. there is so much more that lies beneath. i hope sarver is smart and spends his cash. this team is really two players away from having the depth necessary to win a championship. if we use the mid-level exception wisely and draft a contributor at 21, we're there. this team will learn to defend better and amare now knows he can be a completely dominant force in every phase of the game. next year . . . next year and the future . . .

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unbelievable year, this is only the beginning. I know it's easy to rip shawn and q now, but i can't. They were so big for us all year, especially shawn manning up throughout the postseason, this series of course excluded, to erase memories of postseason past (peja lightining him up in 2001). Of course if the right trade comes along (a superstar) I'm listening. ;-)

We all knew Amare is/was gonna be great, but tonight was the first night when I said he can actually be the clear cut best player in the entire world. His desire, taking it to the current best player, and attempt to carry the whole team on his shoulders in the 4th led me to that belief. Awesome.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
that's complete and utter crap - no one said SQUAT about his wrist when he was playign the Mavs and it should have only gotten better with time.

Both of them were pathetic in this series - there's no excuse for either one.

That being said - JJ, Amare and Nash are our Big Three that will lead this team to the promised land and I can't wait to see them continue to grow.

Call it what you want but it was pretty obivious for anyone paying attention that he re-injured his wrist late in Game 6 against the Mavs.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
I am a little bummed now about the loss. I wonder if we would still be playing if Joe had been playing the whole series.This year the Spurs are the better team. We just need more depth on the bench. We need to get a couple of bangers that can give Duncan some trouble. We also ened and experienced vet who can come in for 15-20 minutes a game. I think the energy and minutes finally caught up to Nash tonight. It is a little easier to accept since I do still feel the Spurs are the better team. The worst defeats were the back to back against the rockets

Thank you Suns for a great and fun year.I

cly2tw

Reaction score
I'm a little sad but not mad. Watching the revelation of STAT progress right in front of us, from game to game, I'm all smile. We'll be back next season!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
hsandhu said:
We all knew Amare is/was gonna be great, but tonight was the first night when I said he can actually be the clear cut best player in the entire world. His desire, taking it to the current best player, and attempt to carry the whole team on his shoulders in the 4th led me to that belief. Awesome.

It really is digusting to think how good this kid could be seriously. He's just barely tipped his potential and he's already one helluva player. He needs to work on a few things this offseason but if he works on each aspect of his game like he has the past few offseasons ... he will be UNSTOPABLE.

They just showed a stat on ESPN that showed that Amare is only the 3rd person to score more than 30 points in 5 games in a conference finals. The other 2 were Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlin. Good company I suppose ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Call it what you want but it was pretty obivious for anyone paying attention that he re-injured his wrist late in Game 6 against the Mavs.

when the hellw as that? When he was throwing up threes and running the pick and roll to perfection? Apparently I wasn't paying attention. :rolleyes:

And Chaz - if that WAS the case - it would make Marion even more of an idiot bitching and complaining that he's not gettign the ball enough to SHOOT WITH THAT HURT wrist like he was in the first couple games. A guy complaining about not touching the ball ain't recovering from anything hurting him.

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
I remember at the last part of the Mavs series there was a thing in the paper that Marion had just rejammed the wrist, although I thought it was in practice, and there was a thing about it being wrapped in a huge ice pack after game 6. Whatever, he does need to work on some stuff, and Q also, and Coach D as well.

How fun is that - 62 wins, make the conference finals, and there's nowhere to go but up!

On FAZSN interview after the game, Amare said he will focus on defense in his offseason - he was asked if a little better D would make him a 'more complete player' and he said basically he fully realizes it's a weakness, but he knows that with work, he can develop those skills - 'with (his) athleticism and God-given talent.' Heh heh. Can't wait!

cly2tw

Reaction score
AZZenny said:
On FAZSN interview after the game, Amare said he will focus on defense in his offseason - he was asked if a little better D would make him a 'more complete player' and he said basically he fully realizes it's a weakness, but he knows that with work, he can develop those skills - 'with (his) athleticism and God-given talent.' Heh heh. Can't wait!

That's music in my ears! I can only say, watch out NBA! :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
I remember at the last part of the Mavs series there was a thing in the paper that Marion had just rejammed the wrist, although I thought it was in practice, and there was a thing about it being wrapped in a huge ice pack after game 6. Whatever, he does need to work on some stuff, and Q also, and Coach D as well.

How fun is that - 62 wins, make the conference finals, and there's nowhere to go but up!

regardless if he jammed his wrist or not - it didn't effect him right after he suffered the first injury - when it was realy bad - he was lights out up until we started playing the Spurs, so if it didn't ultimately affect him before - and he was bitching about not getting the ball and what not during THIS series - it makes for a pretty piss poor excuse.

As far as Amare - that's great to hear. Within 2 years - he will be the hands down MVP - the most unstoppable offesnive force since Shaq(but being able to shoot the ball) and probably a NBA 2nd or 3rd teamer on Defense.