I give my props to the cards.

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
I would not be down for 1 second if i were you guys. I was flabbergasted at how well your line played and i gave it my fair share of criticism. Offensively there weren't many bright spots at all but you guy's definitely showed the ability to run the ball(and block!). This game was defense defense defense. I do get some satisfaction from the fact that everyone was hyping Boldin and Fitz to crush us like years past. But guess what this isn't the same timid 49er defense, we will smack you in the mouth and be aggressive. This defense is for real. Clements and Harris absolutely neutralized Boldin and Fitz. Granted that Boldin did score a TD but that was a gimmie, that duo was going to get a TD at some point in the game. I mean all i was hearing about was how this great Arizona offense was going to demolish us, but was that really the case? I think our secondary deserves credit for holding Boldin and Fitz down and our pass rush finally decided to show up. But i will eat my crow, i was hyping my 49er offense day's before the game and i give the Cardinals D credit. I was not expecting your run defense to be that stout and i was not expecting Hood to perform that well. Wilson was a thorn in are ass from the beginning of the game to the very end of it. Our offense line's pass protection was horrendous and it Smith got the result of it. Not much could be said about the run blocking either. Your defense stopped us on all facets of our offense. The same can't be said about our D after all edge was slicing and dicing our D all game but we did however stopped the infamous Arizona Air attack. I won't even begin to start my rant on the quarterback play from both Leinart and Smith. Kudos goes to both defenses!

PS See you guys November 25th! ;)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I look forward to the rematch.. away from that toilet bowl they played in tonight. I swear Q and Fitz were stuck in mud. Great defensive struggle and it will be fun for years to come.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
You guys deserve one once in awhile. Neither team looked great, but I have more confidence in our QB rising than yours. Good game, you guys won at home on Bill Walsh night. See you next game, and heads are gonna roll.

OP
OP
T

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
Agree with both posts. If this game is any kind of indicator of things to come i could seriously see the Cards and 49ers finishing 1 and 2 (in whatever order) in west. Don't get down guys 1 game does not dictate a season.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're not down. We're used to following a team that blows games more heartwrenching than the one before. We're numb from drinking mass amounts of beer during the game and from watching the same train wreck week in and week out.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Agree with both posts. If this game is any kind of indicator of things to come i could seriously see the Cards and 49ers finishing 1 and 2 (in whatever order) in west. Don't get down guys 1 game does not dictate a season.

Hey, 1 or 2 would make me smile. 9ers looked good on D, and they deserve props. Seattle will feel our frustration next week, and the Rams will suck this year, so here's to a good race :thumbup: .

OP
OP
T

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
We're not down. We're used to following a team that blows games more heartwrenching than the one before. We're numb from drinking mass amounts of beer during the game and from watching the same train wreck week in and week out.

If thats not down i don't know what is.

(chronic football depression?:p)

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score

It feels different though. Like this is a learning experience on both sides of the ball. I may place false hope in coaching, but at least it looks new. we are 0-1 with 15 more games. Nose down and grind it out. I have had my heart broken by this team for many of my 24 years, shh older people, and will root for this team till my dying day. Go Cards, screw those who oppose.

OP
OP
T

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey, 1 or 2 would make me smile. 9ers looked good on D, and they deserve props. Seattle will feel our frustration next week, and the Rams will suck this year, so here's to a good race :thumbup: .

Amen to that! do us a favor and put Alexander back on the IR where he belongs. (i am sure wilson will but tattoo Shaun every chance he gets)

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It feels different though. Like this is a learning experience on both sides of the ball. I may place false hope in coaching, but at least it looks new. we are 0-1 with 15 more games. Nose down and grind it out. I have had my heart broken by this team for many of my 24 years, shh older people, and will root for this team till my dying day. Go Cards, screw those who oppose.

Right there with ya. I was sick for about 15 minutes, but I really feel good about this team.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If thats not down i don't know what is.

(chronic football depression?:p)
Of all the hundred or so losses I have seen from the Cards this one left me themost angry. It was even worse than the three games they gave away early last season. If they miss the playoffs they are going to look back at this game and kick themselves in the butts.

It's the exact same thing since 2004. Yeah you can sugarcoat it with the D played better, the oline is improved, Edge ran well blah blah blah but until this team STOPS LEAVING FREAKING GAMES ON THE FIELD and learns how to close games they will be forever chronically linked to 5-11 seasons.
Last year what was it 5 or 6 games decided by 7 or lesss points the same as the year before. Until they can close out games we will always be picking in the top 10 come April.

BTW I agree with Whiz's call to run Edge on that thrid down. The D played well all night, Fitz and Q couldn't get open and IF the D held on for the win that would have been a huge boost to this team. The run was working, again they lost due to poor execution by the players. That opening drive of the second half was critical. I beleive that's where the game was lost not in the last three minutes. They needed to put points on the board and they couldn't.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The coaching was solid, the only problem with any of it IMO was the couple plays of prevent, that was a no no, gave Smith confidence and allowed the tragedy to happen, I'd of rather gone down with the defense we played all game than that crap.

Still woulda coulda shoulda, bottom line we had a chance to win, actually minus the penalties it was a hard fought decent game, it was just defensive in nature, nothing wrong with that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
no reason to be down after one loss. still plenty of season left. The way it ended sucks and i feel for you guys. but there is no clear favorite in this division. I don't see any of these teams sucking....so to speak. they all have attributes that will help them contend with one another. This game was some sort of taste of what's to come IMO. hopefully it will start ending right for the cards though.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Q. How do you dominate a game on both sides of the ball and lose?
A. You're the Arizona Cardinals

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not be down for 1 second if i were you guys. I was flabbergasted at how well your line played and i gave it my fair share of criticism. Offensively there weren't many bright spots at all but you guy's definitely showed the ability to run the ball(and block!). This game was defense defense defense. I do get some satisfaction from the fact that everyone was hyping Boldin and Fitz to crush us like years past. But guess what this isn't the same timid 49er defense, we will smack you in the mouth and be aggressive. This defense is for real. Clements and Harris absolutely neutralized Boldin and Fitz. Granted that Boldin did score a TD but that was a gimmie, that duo was going to get a TD at some point in the game. I mean all i was hearing about was how this great Arizona offense was going to demolish us, but was that really the case? I think our secondary deserves credit for holding Boldin and Fitz down and our pass rush finally decided to show up. But i will eat my crow, i was hyping my 49er offense day's before the game and i give the Cardinals D credit. I was not expecting your run defense to be that stout and i was not expecting Hood to perform that well. Wilson was a thorn in are ass from the beginning of the game to the very end of it. Our offense line's pass protection was horrendous and it Smith got the result of it. Not much could be said about the run blocking either. Your defense stopped us on all facets of our offense. The same can't be said about our D after all edge was slicing and dicing our D all game but we did however stopped the infamous Arizona Air attack. I won't even begin to start my rant on the quarterback play from both Leinart and Smith. Kudos goes to both defenses!

PS See you guys November 25th! ;)

Hats off to your defense. I really never believed that you guys would be able to tak Boldin AND Fitz out of the game. The funny thing is, our defense played as well as yours did and our offensesive line held their own. Believe me when I say this Dude, we could write a book on gut wrenching, idiotic, unbelievable losses that defy the most vivid imagination.
That being said , watch both our teams get their collective asses handed to them next week.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Smith had his moment. Bill Walsh would have been proud.

Not a pretty game but a good win for you guys.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think if anyone watched that game they have to come away thinking differently about both teams.

That was a ferocious defensive battle, if I were the Rams or the Seahawks I'd be nervous about now.

They aren't going to cover our WR's that well, so the gameplan the 49ers used is useless to them.

OP
OP
T

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
I think if anyone watched that game they have to come away thinking differently about both teams.

That was a ferocious defensive battle, if I were the Rams or the Seahawks I'd be nervous about now.

They aren't going to cover our WR's that well, so the gameplan the 49ers used is useless to them.

trufant and grant are the only players in there secondary that warrant any attention. I expect a good game for your offense(they better i have fitz on my ff team!).

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
sorry but neither team dominated in any category besides rushing yards.

You're right up until that final drive AZ had almost 250 yards of O compared to SF's 103 yards and AZ led in TOP, but they didn't dominate. How can you not say AZ didn't dominate? Both sides refers to offesnse and defense. SF could not move the ball all night with the exception of those last 3 minutes, and although AZ's movement was sporadic at least they were moving the chains. Their passing game sucked but they still outgained SF 2:1. It was an ugly game and nothing to be proud of but there is no way AZ should have walked out of there with a loss with those numbers. Good teams win those games, dare I say average teams win those games.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Of all the hundred or so losses I have seen from the Cards this one left me themost angry. It was even worse than the three games they gave away early last season. If they miss the playoffs they are going to look back at this game and kick themselves in the butts.

I think I will be satisfied if we miss the playoffs by one game. Also I don't find this loss as crushing as the Bears or rams games from last year.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This was a relatively normal NFL loss.

Smith made a great pass when it counted, stuff happens.

It was a close game, plenty of mistakes in it but there always are, in the end the team making the crucial plays wins, they made one really crucial play they win, nothing terrible about it IMO.

It was a road loss, most of the time that happens, if you lose a home game like that it's much worse.

The only good thing about opening on the road is that you almost expect to lose and we had a chance to win, we didn't that's very normal in the NFL, I watch the Chiefs and have for years, even in good years they'd cough a road game or two up like that, it's not that bad IMO.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very good points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05