I hope Blake's season is over

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he comes out and starts the game next week I will literally leave the stadium

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Ryanwb. Blake has been the biggest disappointment in my opinion. No upgrade over Plummer at all and really doesn't seem to give a damn.

At least Plummer had some spirit and seemed to care.

I really don't want to see Blake take another snap in a Cards uniform.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I think the NFL needs to establish a new policy for emmitt and blake: if the player agrees to walk away and play elsewhere - but is under contract - and the team says fine...walk away ..i.e. both sides agree - you should not get the cap hit charge for early termination (i.e. remaining bonus cap accelerated to the year they left) and the team would obviously not have to pay on the contract going forward.

If we cut both of them - we will have a cap hit charge (not huge - but some) and they get to keep 100% of their signing bonus..no big deal for emmitt as it was a 2 year deal..I think blakes was 3 years.

yea..I know..never will happen.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Blake needs to wise up...he is playing himself right into a backup role for the rest of his career. He has looked totally horrible the last 3 weeks

pinnacle

Reaction score
ryanwb ...good point..there was basically one team in the NFL that wanted blake as a starter this offseason (guess who that was..us!)....after this season - there will be exactly 0.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
ryanwb ...good point..there was basically one team in the NFL that wanted blake as a starter this offseason (guess who that was..us!)....after this season - there will be exactly 0.

That is incorrect. Brian Nillick publicly stated that the team low balled Blake and that he was sorry they did.

He openly stated that he wished Blake was still in a Ravens uniform!

Not to mention there really werent all that many teams looking for a starting QB.

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
yep, blake loked bad but its more to do with playing for a horrible team. i bet he wished hed taken less money and stayed with the ravens.

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Three reasons why Blake will start again for another NFL team:

1. Most NFL Coaches agree that he knows how to play the game.

2. Most NFL Coaches agree that he is one of the best QBs, when it comes to developing rockie WR talent, and getting TEs involve in the game.

3. Most NFL Coaches agree that if you have a WR that can get open deep, Blake has the arm strength and the accuracy to get the ball to them.

Yes, Blake will most likely get hired as a back-up QB, but by the end of 2004, he will be a starter.

I think most people fail in analyzing Blake's strengths and weaknesses, by not realizing that in Cincy, Blake was sucessful because he had good weapons on offense--Pickens (WR), Scott (WR), McGee (TE), and a good kicker in Dough Pilfery (sp) and punter Johnson. Whereas, at the Saints, Blake had help on both sides of the ball---the Saints was a much better football team than Cincy and the Cards combined.

So, to think of Blake as a savior who can win games with average talents on both sides of the ball, is just plain wrong.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the only question I have is why does Blake seem to have a hard time finding Boldin these past two games when McCown had no problem at all?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
I guess the only question I have is why does Blake seem to have a hard time finding Boldin these past two games when McCown had no problem at all?

In fairness a lot of Quan's catches came in garbage time.

Blake was awful but that little video montage FOX showed of him missing an open Boldin over and over was a bit silly. The first drive 2nd pass Boldin coming over the middle right to left with a CB on his hip and a safety coming over. Blake lays the ball out left and it's too far, incomplte. If the ball is any more to the middle the safety either takes Quan's head off or picks the ball off. he made the safe throw. 3rd down Quan wide open deep huge play, possible TD, Blake's throw not even close.

The play on the sideline not only was Boldin not open, he was waving his hand asking for a flag not the ball. When they first showed it Green said something like "nothing there Boldin wanted a flag I guess", but 5 minutes later they show the same replay and he says wide open doesn't get the ball. The guy was horrible, we all saw it, but I'm not sure why they used those 2 plays as evidence.

Of his first 7 balls 3 were thrown away to avoid the sack, and at least 2 of those I thought he had a chance to run instead of throwing the ball away.

Basically when he didn't come close to Boldin on the deep throw I got was mad, at 14-0 it was pretty obvious he didn't have it going and should have come out.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith

Blake was awful but that little video montage FOX showed of him missing an open Boldin over and over was a bit silly. The first drive 2nd pass Boldin coming over the middle right to left with a CB on his hip and a safety coming over. Blake lays the ball out left and it's too far, incomplte. If the ball is any more to the middle the safety either takes Quan's head off or picks the ball off. he made the safe throw. 3rd down Quan wide open deep huge play, possible TD, Blake's throw not even close.

The play on the sideline not only was Boldin not open, he was waving his hand asking for a flag not the ball. When they first showed it Green said something like "nothing there Boldin wanted a flag I guess", but 5 minutes later they show the same replay and he says wide open doesn't get the ball. The guy was horrible, we all saw it, but I'm not sure why they used those 2 plays as evidence.

Of his first 7 balls 3 were thrown away to avoid the sack, and at least 2 of those I thought he had a chance to run instead of throwing the ball away.

Basically when he didn't come close to Boldin on the deep throw I got was mad, at 14-0 it was pretty obvious he didn't have it going and should have come out.

I agree Russ. However I don't know if I'm more disappointed with Blakes play or the offensive lines play. I thought Spikes had a really bad game.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I said all during the off season how bad Blake is and got blasted and contradicted on how he can be our guy and so on.We'll see how he reacts now that it looks like he's going to be benched.Maybe he'll start showing his true colors.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
If he comes out and starts the game next week I will literally leave the stadium

Make a big sign about Benching Blake, so the media will show it on TV.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
I said all during the off season how bad Blake is and got blasted and contradicted on how he can be our guy and so on.We'll see how he reacts now that it looks like he's going to be benched.Maybe he'll start showing his true colors.

He's been horrible of late but at least wait before he does or says something wrong before you start in about the true colors stuff.

Did anybody else notice Blake's reaction to McCown's first TD pass, he was jumping up and down smiling with delight.

FYI Garcia said on the 49er post game show he knows how Blake feels he was in the same spot a week earlier, he said he told Blake after the game to hang tough you're a better player than you showed and we all know it.

But I see no reason to start him in any of the last 3 games.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's been horrible of late but at least wait before he does or says something wrong before you start in about the true colors stuff.
Point well taken.

Bottom Line - We won't win if he stays here. I don't want him on my football team.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliCards
Three reasons why Blake will start again for another NFL team:

I think most people fail in analyzing Blake's strengths and weaknesses, by not realizing that in Cincy, Blake was sucessful because he had good weapons on offense--Pickens (WR), Scott (WR), McGee (TE), and a good kicker in Dough Pilfery (sp) and punter Johnson. Whereas, at the Saints, Blake had help on both sides of the ball---the Saints was a much better football team than Cincy and the Cards combined.

So, to think of Blake as a savior who can win games with average talents on both sides of the ball, is just plain wrong.

I agree.

Last year, everyone said the QB sucked. Turns out, the QB was not the problem on the team. This year, same story (even though he's made his share of mistakes).

And, for the record, they showed Jeff Blake on TV last night saying "I just don't know what it is...if Cincy could be turned around, why can't we do it here? Why? "

He seemed genuinely dumbfounded.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Cbus , you've been doing nothing but "pissing and moaning" and whining about just about everything under the sun regarding this team, for a long time now. Ragging on Blake is just one more unit in your infinite stream of negativity. What made that so any different than any of your other endless negativisms?

Why are you surprised that most people probaby just tune you out anymore, with all your unceasing negativity?

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith

Agreed, when they know they will pass. McCown pushed the ball down the field, Blake did not. Now, that said, he also laid Boldin into two horrible hits by throwing before he cleared the zone.

Answer this though.... down 14-0 Shipp rips of 4 runs for about 25 yards. I was at the stadium. EVERYBODY was nervous. defense on it's heels..... here come Shipp. What did we do? Put SMith in an passed twice. Even the Niner fans were looking at me going "What in the heck are they doing"? It was horrible.

I heard Garcia on the radio today and he said it. We knew if we got them down, they'd quit. We'd seen it on film, and it happened on the field. I have ot say I agree with him on this one.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: I hope Blake's season is over

Originally posted by Oran
Make a big sign about Benching Blake, so the media will show it on TV.

....making Arizona an even more attractive destination for free agents.