I just realized :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stupid question: If I called, could I get reservations at a hotel? ..or are they about sold out

Wife and I are going to drive the Mustang Convertable up there and get out of this heat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Stupid question: If I called, could I get reservations at a hotel? ..or are they about sold out

Wife and I are going to drive the Mustang Convertable up there and get out of this heat.

My sister just came back from Phoenix last night. I picked her up at the airport and mentioned it had hit 94 today in San Jose. "is that all it was 116 in Phoenix today!"

I don't know how you guys handle that. I'm going to Baja august 2nd with temps in the 90's to 100(40-50% humidity) and I'm worried about that after struggling in similar temps(but more humidity) in the Philippines last year in May. 116 is brutal.

The hottest I've ever been was on a trip back from Baja when we stopped in Arizona for some reason, it was 111 I think that day.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My dog won't even go outside....I am going to be taking out a loan to pay my electricity bill

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
118 according to my car on the way home last night at about 6:20.

Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDIN' VOLCANO OUTTA CHUTE NUMBER TWO!!!!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
122, Phoenix 1993 (?)
-33, Omaha 1985

I think it was 123 in Phoenix once, and it was AFTER it hit 122...if I remember correctly.

Mike

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My pool was 94 on Saturday.

I turned my aerator on and the pool temps have stayed below 89 degrees. I run the pump during the early morning to 1:00pm.

It is easier to control algae at lower tempatures. I'm using more chemicals(chlorine) because Chlorine tends to enter the air during the cooling process.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
It was 100 at 8am this morning!

Mike

Sounds like they need to just put a dome over the entire state and pump in some AC!

That just boggles my mind I don't know what I would do when it's that hot.

I slept on the couch last night because it was still 80, the fan wasn't cool enough, and my girlfriend insists on sleeping with the covers on no matter how hot it is. There's just no way I could sleep if it's near 100 degrees at night.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
The thing about living in AZ Russ is that there is AC everywhere - except Sun Devil Stadium :)

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stronso
The thing about living in AZ Russ is that there is AC everywhere - except Sun Devil Stadium :)

I grew up with a Swamp Cooler here in Phoenix. Dad you cheapskate!

I just got my ac fixed and it runs constantly. My wife thinks if she turns the thermo lower it will get colder faster. Freakin' genious!

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
the worst was driving around bullhead city in a topless jeep w/ no a/c while it was around 125 degrees. i swear it felt like sucking on a blowdryer

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardNots
The record high for Phoenix is 122 degrees on June 26th, 1990.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/Phoenix/climate/records/jun_b.html

I remember that day - because I played a little league game at 2 in the afternoon. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. We would go fill our ballcaps with water out of a spigot at the end of each inning in the field and then put them on. Before you had to run back out to the field after only three outs all the water that you had just splashed on yourself had basically evaporated already.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
My brother tells a great story about being in Tucson that summer when it was 117 and he had to drive around in his black work van whose A/C was broken. He had a little thermometer in the vehicle and when he went to check the temp. of the van the thermometer had exploded! LOL!

Makes me laugh everytime he tells it! Especially since I was up in Flag. where it was relatively cool.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Roosevelt Az June 26 1990 123 degrees with the humidity coming off the lake you could hardly breath.
January 31 1977 Buffalo NY -17 degrees + 50 mph winds chill factor -60 You could hardly breath.
December 98 Sun Devil staduim Cards earn playoff bearth for first time in forever. You guessed it, you could hardly breath!

Reaction score
Back to the Future ...

This thread has degenerated worse than my old Ford.

The point is:
Training camp is about to start!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05