I re-watched the Cardinals/Bears 2003/2004 preseason game...

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Last night my wife went out with her friends, so I had a scotch, and started digging through some blank tapes to find a copy of "Resident Evil." To make a long story short, I found a copy of the Cardinals/Bears preseason game from last year.

In the first defensive series ray Thompson and Wendell had sacks. In the second defensive series Pace had a sack and Coby had a pick.

On our first offensive drive, Q makes two awesome catches, Gilmore makes a tough grab, and Emmitt scores on a 13 yard run. Reggie Wells started at LT and got beat on every play.

My point to all this is that if we can show half the promise that we did in last year's preseason, we'll be play-off bound. Obviously the preseason means nothing, but after watching this game, Emmitt looked good and our youngsters showed a lot of potential. With a competent coaching staff, I think we might actually be good this year.

Reggie Wells looked horrible, so I hope the switch to guard will be good for him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
You waste tapes on preseason games? :shrug:

I couldn't watch it when it originally aired so I taped it. Local preseason games get aired really late at night, so I recorded it.

That wasn't the purpose of the post. The purpose was to remind everyone that we did show some promise early last year and hopefully we can build on that with some good coaching.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Its called hardcore man. You either love football with a passion or your a bystander.
:thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
You waste tapes on preseason games? :shrug:
You should check out some of this new technology--these days tapes are reusable (if not somewhat archaic*coughTiVocoughcough*).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryant did look good at DT last preseason. Then, he got hurt, and when he was brought back they switched him back out to DE. Which, of course, totally defeated the purpose of him bulking up last offseason. If you read the Berry article where he talks about how much it helped him to be at one position for three years, you can see Bryant hasn't had that. Hopefully, by being locked in at DT, he can play more like he did in that Chicago game.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Including the red/white scrimmages.

next.

LMAO!!!! Yeah me too. I video tape it win I go there and I have sat and watched and rewatched that tape.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
Old tape,

I found an old Cards/SD tape (Cards 16 SD 13. Wade Ritchie missed 2 chippy FGs) I watched most of it and realized how unaggressive the Cards were. The Cards played a soft zone and Flutie was stringing 8 completions together at a time. Corey Chavous looked like a safety playing CB. Plummer wasn't bad, throwing the hot read on the blitz... but the receivers were clueless running the wrong routes. (Boston played like he cared) Clements still couldn't cut off the inside charge.

Surprisingly enough Fred Wakefield had a good game. He penetrated and got in the face of Flutie. He would flush the QB or screw up his timing frequently, but lacked the 'quicks' needed to finish the play. He needed help to close the play.

It seemed he cranked things up again at the last couple of games of 03. Maybe DG saw more of the same this off season when he named him a starter, even though D. Johnson was our best lineman last year. Hopefully Berry and Dockett are the guys needed to close things out with a few sacks.

Just spitballing here,
Shuesters

C-MACK

Veteran
Reaction score
Man you guys need Tivo. You just type in "Arizona Cardinals" and anytime anything on the Cards airs on any channel your trusty Tivo will automatically record it for you. Just last week I got the 2002 and 2003 highlight recorded totally unbeknownst to me. Tivo ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C-MACK said:
Man you guys need Tivo. You just type in "Arizona Cardinals" and anytime anything on the Cards airs on any channel your trusty Tivo will automatically record it for you. Just last week I got the 2002 and 2003 highlight recorded totally unbeknownst to me. Tivo ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME. My wife is still fuming about the nfl ticket. No way I can get here to add tivo too.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amazing how good our defensive linemen were last pre-season. I remember watching Calvin Pace turn Chad Hutchinson into a grass stain twice, and I thought he was the second coming of Simeon Rice. It's a shame he hit the tank when the bullets started flying for real.