i still can't understand the shelton cut...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes in business or life, you'll run into a situation where, for some unexplained reason, a group of people simply aren't getting it done.

Yet when you examine each individual component person, "it ain't their fault." (I don't say this critically - it just seems as though everyone looks like they're trying hard and doing adequate work, but the end result is that the group isn't delivering). It's like when there's a commotion among your kids and each kid is pointing a finger at the other, saying "He did it!"

Sometimes when that happens, you just have crack a few heads or, in extreme cases, pull out the old broom and start over.

I think that's what happened with Dennis and the Cardinal offensive line.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'll stay

out of this because too many people are running their fat mouths and saying things that just aren't true. And, they know it.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Green will continue to bring OLs through the revolving door during camp and he'll find some surprises that fit what he's looking for.

I just don't believe paying $3M a year for an older backup who's not the future of your team. Maybe we'll find another Bertrand Berry who was let go from another team and is just happy to have his chance to make it, like Bertrand got to do with Denver.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sundevil81 said:
we could have at least got a fifth rounder for him

Well then its simple. Coach Green doesnt really want to win nor have an incentive to win and just wants to send the organization even lower. (is that possible)

:biglaugh:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all seem to be forgetting that Shelton wanted out. He went to Denny/Graves and asked to be traded. We all know he was in Denny's doghouse and never bought into his system, that is why he wanted out. They tried to trade him for the past two months and got no buyers. He got cut but is leaving with class and Denny is not saying anything negative about him as he never criticizes a player publicly.
Let it go!! Best of luck to him.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
JPlay said:
It's easy he sucks. He's coach Mac garbage. Why keep around a cancer who isn't producing and is lazy. Denny is cleaning house, proving a point, and sending a message.

He does not suck. He is a team oriented player who will be hard to replace who for reasons unkown to us got on Coach Greens black list. He will end up a STARTER for some NFL team.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Saying he was a "Coach Mac guy," or something like that, would be more apprpriate than calling him "coach Mac garbage." To me that's ridiculous. Spin it however you want, I think it's negative to call someone else garbage or say that they suck.

Maybe I'm biased because I have dealt with LJ off the field - I just don't understand the negativity toward him. :shrug:

Why not say "It didn't work out. Best of luck wherever you end up." ? Why is it "You suck. You're a cancer." :shrug:

It's not like LJ has gone Simeon or anything. What has he done to stir up the haters? He's been very mature about this whole situation.

A good all around player who we will miss before the season is over. Anyone who says he is a cancer is an idiot.

GreenCard

Reaction score
Hey,maybe Shelton was Joshs biggest problem.We got rid of him for you Josh now give em hell.

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..And in this corner.."

Well, after 33 posts on this partesticular[sorry, when its late, I underline] subject, I believe I have found the FUCHIN-A Genuine 100 percent Mostest-of-PERFECTION Statement, though unrelated of course to the subject this particular thread generated.
And I hear you, jstadvl[didyou receive my email?I couldnot confirm]...Oh, Well :shocker: Here I go..WHOOHOO!!
I don't know how to begin, so... :biglaugh:
#1 "..JPlay, agree about DG's Doghouse- :thumbup: I Heard that DG's been hiding some Garner-raised, triple-bredChinaman pups on the side also..No Mo room in the DHouse for Lonnie Junior..

..What exactly are Dennis Green's duties with the Cardinals?serious..Is he involved as Mgt in Player Personnel, etc.. I thought he wore only one hat at the present time for the Bidwills, as the head coach..Maybe Jeff Gollin or one of you other "peopleintheknow" :thumbup: could illuminate me.
#2 The arguments staggering backnforth about, "Lonnie Junior was a $ decision-footballdecision" :hammer:
otherwise are somewhere near whether its 108 or 109 today..."Play nice on the new blacktop, children, don't mark it up with your dusty shoes.."

#3 ..Sundevil81, "a 5th rounder? I'll bet we could have gotten a 3rd round pick easy for Coach Mac!" :biglaugh:

#4 .Finally, the Champion is...[order is inversed to the FUCHIN-A Genuine 100% Mostest-of-PERFECTION Statement]
SEESRED, with our winning rendition of, "If you mourn him, he will
flip you off.."
"IMO it[presumably Mac's O-Line tinkerings] was the fall of Plummer's confidence and ultimate[ly Plummer] leaving town."

SEESRED, here I am seeing 30+ posts of basically drivel :soapbox: about something meaningless to the 2005 Arizona FOOTBALL Cardinals, reading with greater and greater incredulity, until I get to your post, now next to the last one.
The first 3 lines of your post are logical and succintly right to the heart of the matter, in my own opinion as well! "..That's it. There is no more to understand." {BAM! "Ma'am, could you bring our check, please?"} Your?/mine inferred bottom line of DG's to players[and I'd wager,coaches,
and fans aswell] that we come in 1st dayof work- ready to go 100% controlled, prepared, intense, pushing together for the goal..! Green doesn't want anyone's excuses about anything, we don't have time for it! More of
that wouldacouldashoulda, almostwasabouttobegintothinkabouttryingtoaskhowtostartit...I'M SOLD, SEESRED!! :rockon:
All of a sudden, FROM OUTTA NOWHERE comes Plummer, confidence hanging down around his ankles...I Dunno, picture struck me as kind of funny I guess.

I Injured no feelings with malice aforethought towards any of the fellow posters mentioned.. A fun ride was had by all[my all] and let us please focus our thoughts and intellects on the present-future of our Cardinals, agree to disagree, and can I borrow your Red Rob Moore for the next home game?

Last edited:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry Cronos

I didn't receive the e-mail. If it came to my regular e-addie i may have deleted it, not realizing who it was from. PM me if you like, unless your nagry and want to ches me out, I'll let my wife do that. LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan