I sure hope the cards bring Robinson back for a look...

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
nah don't need to bring him back..we got Steve Baylark

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Did you watch the video?
i watched him all last season for NFLE..lets face it..hes playing guys who couldn't make it in the NFL.. its basically D2 college level..and besides he was always too banged up from NFLE to even practice..and i don't think he even played NFLE this season anyway

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Come on bro. NFLE, when it was around, was considered to be a higher caliber of football then Canadian, arena and college football. The guy carried the ball over 200 in NFLE, of course he was banged up. He was asked to play by the Galaxy this last season and decided not to, so he could be ready for camp. To his surprise he was released by the new coaching staff. You speak highly of Blaylock and the only thing I have read about him is he dropped a ton of passes and hasn't really done much at all? The guy stayed home from Europe to be ready for camp, passed on the money from NFLE and got released.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Come on bro. NFLE, when it was around, was considered to be a higher caliber of football then Canadian, arena and college football. The guy carried the ball over 200 in NFLE, of course he was banged up. He was asked to play by the Galaxy this last season and decided not to, so he could be ready for camp. To his surprise he was released by the new coaching staff. You speak highly of Blaylock and the only thing I have read about him is he dropped a ton of passes and hasn't really done much at all? The guy stayed home from Europe to be ready for camp, passed on the money from NFLE and got released.
NFLE is lower than Candian football...sure they play it different and have a longer and wider field but still NFLE doesn't match up with CFL.and i didn't speak highly of Steve Baylark all i said is we have him and for that reason we don't need Roger..think about it Maurice Clarrett and Mike Williams didn't play football for a year and look what happend to them i expect the same from Roger..and besides Steve Baylark isn't known to be a reciever he plays just like Shipp from what i've been told about him..

seesred

Reaction score
Robinson certainly didn't suck. If given a real oppertunity IMO he would make a great special teams guy and a good change of pace RB. A lot of players played in the NFLE league and never did what this kid did over there. He was electric and carried a heavy load of work. He will show up somehwere. I wish him well and enjoyed watching him year before last.

GBR

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
I had hoped that Robinson got a better look then he did, but that wasn't the case. I thought Whisenhunt could have had another Willie Parker. I just don't see that happening.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFLE production means absolutely nothing in NFL.

Antonio Smith was one of the most feared pass-rushers there, and hasn't shown anything here that would lead you to think he was a scary player over there.

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
NFLE production means absolutely nothing in NFL.

Antonio Smith was one of the most feared pass-rushers there, and hasn't shown anything here that would lead you to think he was a scary player over there.

Robinson came out'a a small school (NAU), he put up amazing proday numbers, but was questioned about the kinda talent he played against.... he gets sent to NFLE, much better talent then Iaa football and sets the rushing record..... you would think that after having smoken proday number..... fasted 40 of any RB in 2006, 21 reps and 39 vert and doing well against some NFL talent, that he would get a shot at camp at the least. So your right, NFLE production doesn't mean he will do the same in the NFL, but I do believe it is reasonable to warrent a look in camp..... thats all I am saying.

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
He's no Larry Croom, that's for sure.

Not sure what you mean by that but here's something.... Larry Croom played in NFLE for 3 seasons and gained 956 yds in all three yrs combined. Robinson gained 1087 yds in his only season in NFLE..... yet Croom is in camp with Pitt and Robinson is waiting at home? They are both 5'10" tall and weight about 207pds.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the address. Love watching the rabbit run. With sub 4.4 speed, you would think somebody would give him a chance.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And they were wrong. NFLE was more of a feeder league over the years for the CFL, then the NFL.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05