I think it will be the Cards and the Rams ...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
battling for the cellar in the NFCW. Here is why:

1. Still no QB. If you like it or not, neither guy has made any strides. Surely that is obvious when you put all the wishful thinking aside.
2. D and Special Teams can't keep winning games for us. We won an abnormal amount of close games last year. Things seem to even out in long run. It is not likely going to go that way this year. If we would have drafted Ingram instead of another WR, I would say that maybe our D would even be better. But that just didn't happen. We won't be able to ride our D to win 50% of our games by themselves.
3. Our OL, oh our OL. It doesn't get better just by hoping and praying. It will get better when we ever get better players which we haven't.
4. The Niners are too good, and I see a big improvement in the Seahawks. I think they are building their team the right way, not just relying on experience, but changing personnel for better players each year.

That all said, the good news: The Cards will be picking in the top 5-10 positions in next year's draft with 5 wins tops.

PS. My heart hopes I am wrong, but my open mindedness and common sense says I have nailed it.

One last thing: I would love to see things work out that we turn the reigns over to the new QB from S.D.St. I could see him doing what many of the young QBs drafted the last 2 yrs doing. He seems to have the brains and the brawns. Definitely has the arm, and can't be any less accurate than our top 2 guys who more and more seem like they have no future in this league. If I were drafting one of the 3 right now, I surely would pick him over Kolb and Skelton. He could turn out to be a real sleeper for us. And the sooner we find out the better. And I don't care that he is a rookie. Look at all the rookies that are thrown in the fire by other teams and have succeeded and will succeed this year. If neither of our top 2 have an epiphany in the next few weeks, I say forget them and look to the future.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol, last year SF didn't have a QB either. Or so we thought...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
battling for the cellar in the NFCW. Here is why:

1. Still no QB. If you like it or not, neither guy has made any strides. Surely that is obvious when you put all the wishful thinking aside.
2. D and Special Teams can't keep winning games for us. We won an abnormal amount of close games last year. Things seem to even out in long run. It is not likely going to go that way this year. If we would have drafted Ingram instead of another WR, I would say that maybe our D would even be better. But that just didn't happen. We won't be able to ride our D to win 50% of our games by themselves.
3. Our OL, oh our OL. It doesn't get better just by hoping and praying. It will get better when we ever get better players which we haven't.
4. The Niners are too good, and I see a big improvement in the Seahawks. I think they are building their team the right way, not just relying on experience, but changing personnel for better players each year.

That all said, the good news: The Cards will be picking in the top 5-10 positions in next year's draft with 5 wins tops.

PS. My heart hopes I am wrong, but my open mindedness and common sense says I have nailed it.

One last thing: I would love to see things work out that we turn the reigns over to the new QB from S.D.St. I could see him doing what many of the young QBs drafted the last 2 yrs doing. He seems to have the brains and the brawns. Definitely has the arm, and can't be any less accurate than our top 2 guys who more and more seem like they have no future in this league. If I were drafting one of the 3 right now, I surely would pick him over Kolb and Skelton. He could turn out to be a real sleeper for us. And the sooner we find out the better. And I don't care that he is a rookie. Look at all the rookies that are thrown in the fire by other teams and have succeeded and will succeed this year. If neither of our top 2 have an epiphany in the next few weeks, I say forget them and look to the future.

Yes he can. We are talking about a guy who completed less than 54% of his passes in college as a Senior. In College!!! Sadly Lindley doesn't have a rifle arm, he has a shotgun arm. And his passes, like shotgun pellets, go flying everywhere. Sadly, like a shotgun a couple will hit the target, but most will miss.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Not sure what game your watching but I think Skelton has looked pretty solid with his opportunity, other than the one forced int.

I would wait 2 more preseason games before judging.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I can't disagree with a possible 3rd or 4th place finish simply because of the lack of talent at QB & Oline particularly LT.

Also, throw in the fact the Hawks new unis might scare a couple of opponents into losses :D are those hideous or what? Wow

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Since I think we will win 6 games...... I can't disagree with your logic.

Honestly.....IMO..... 5 wins is our floor and 9 wins is our ceiling. That could win the division or be 3rd place.

Who knows how this team will galvanize. I am hoping for the best.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think Skelton will win the job and play better than most think. I can see him throwing for 25tds 12ints and 3500yds. I also see us with a 10-6 record this year.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think Skelton will win the job and play better than most think. I can see him throwing for 25tds 12ints and 3500yds. I also see us with a 10-6 record this year.

25 - 12 would be excellent. Anything less equal to 1 interception per game or lesss I would take in a heart beat from either of our QBs. Then if we could keep our fumbles lost down too, our D would start in good shape most possessions.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
25 - 12 would be excellent. Anything less equal to 1 interception per game or lesss I would take in a heart beat from either of our QBs. Then if we could keep our fumbles lost down too, our D would start in good shape most possessions.

I think Skelton cuts down on his mistakes this year. Having both Beanie and Williams should really help to balance the offense this year.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's quite possible the Cardinals end up with the worst record in the NFL this year. I was real excited about this season, but as this preseason unfolds I'm growing more uneasy about this season. The Cards could finish preseason 0-5 for all I care if they play well, but they're not, I could very easily see a 4-12 season if not worse.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's quite possible the Cardinals end up with the worst record in the NFL this year. I was real excited about this season, but as this preseason unfolds I'm growing more uneasy about this season. The Cards could finish preseason 0-5 for all I care if they play well, but they're not, I could very easily see a 4-12 season if not worse.

We have too much talent on the defensive side of the ball. I really am not that worried about the D. I think it takes a bit to get Horton's scheme rolling (as we saw last year) and they are not scheming at all right now. So, between the defense and the special teams we will be in a lot of close games, just like last year. However, just like last year, I think our offense will struggle to get 2 scores per game. The teams who pick in the top 5 are typically getting obliterated week after week. I think 6 wins is our floor, 9 is our ceiling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan