I thought Diamond Ferri would go to NFL Europa..

pinnacle

Reaction score
maybe so they could get him some reps at running back...he finished his last years at Syracuse playing defensive back..

Maybe they plan on keeping him in town so he can work with the team more...meaning maybe they have bigger plans for him...but I do not see the Cardinals going into training camp with a running back depth chart of Edge, JJ and then Ferri.....assuming we will have another back (shipp...or a draft pick..or something) or two in camp...

Kind of hard to tell his running back potential with only a couple of preseason games in 2006 under his belt...thought he would be a natural for NFL Europa.

Ferri did finish the season on the practice squad...although he probably is mostly around for special teams...

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
I did not see late adds to a comparable thread.....sorry about that....I still thought they might send him over as a RB another year to see how he does...

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I certainly liked what I saw of Ferri last year and would also like to see him in NFL Europe. I know he was there last year and not impressive. I also would like to see a healthy Robinson brought back to camp after the season he had in Europe last year. I felt bad for him doing all that work and getting hurt in the bowl game.

ArizonaElvis

Registered
Reaction score
maybe so they could get him some reps at running back...he finished his last years at Syracuse playing defensive back..

Maybe they plan on keeping him in town so he can work with the team more...meaning maybe they have bigger plans for him...but I do not see the Cardinals going into training camp with a running back depth chart of Edge, JJ and then Ferri.....assuming we will have another back (shipp...or a draft pick..or something) or two in camp...

Kind of hard to tell his running back potential with only a couple of preseason games in 2006 under his belt...thought he would be a natural for NFL Europa.

Ferri did finish the season on the practice squad...although he probably is mostly around for special teams...

The one positive I saw last year over years prior was the fact that they finally starting utilizing Shipp! Let's face it, Shipp looked great when they made him a third down back last year and was very effective. It was great to see as I've been a big fan of his since he came to town and he's been snubbed(E. Smith, JJ, & Edge) for several years! JJ in my mind is a huge question mark. He's been an average return man at best and has been way too inconsistent as a running back. He shows flashes of being good and then goes right back to looking like a lazy scared little college kid out there! I think this is the year for him, he needs to show everything he's got in camp and preseason or I'd be looking at other options there. Ferri, on the other hand, has looked great from what I've seen so far! There may be potential there!

Tony W

Ride it like u stole it!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Roger Robinson

WHatever happened to him? I didn't hear about him being cut or anything.

The one positive I saw last year over years prior was the fact that they finally starting utilizing Shipp! Let's face it, Shipp looked great when they made him a third down back last year and was very effective. It was great to see as I've been a big fan of his since he came to town and he's been snubbed(E. Smith, JJ, & Edge) for several years! JJ in my mind is a huge question mark. He's been an average return man at best and has been way too inconsistent as a running back. He shows flashes of being good and then goes right back to looking like a lazy scared little college kid out there! I think this is the year for him, he needs to show everything he's got in camp and preseason or I'd be looking at other options there. Ferri, on the other hand, has looked great from what I've seen so far! There may be potential there!

Rohinic

Reaction score
Didn't Robinson end up on IR after the NFLe season last year (ankle, I think)?

Ferri seems to have a lot of talent to offer (and a fair few admirers on this board too), but is he better than the other guys already providing depth / special teams play at either RB or S?

You need to know where a guy is going to play before you send him to Europe, otherwise how can you assess him properly.

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score

Couldn't have said it better :thumbup:

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Didn't Robinson end up on IR after the NFLe season last year (ankle, I think)?

Ferri seems to have a lot of talent to offer (and a fair few admirers on this board too), but is he better than the other guys already providing depth / special teams play at either RB or S?

You need to know where a guy is going to play before you send him to Europe, otherwise how can you assess him properly.
Robinson was put on IR, toe injury suffered in World Bowl.

Remember you heard it here........ Robinson was put on the shelf because he was pushing JJ when they both were at camp together their rookie year. Green didn't want an unsure JJ to have to compete against an undrafted free agent from NAU. Green got rid of Robinson, to the surprise of Cards RB coach....... Robinson is what the Cards thought JJ was when they drafted JJ in the second round. Faster then JJ( better 40/ 4.36), stronger (better proday benchpress/ 21 reps) and explostion (much better vert almost 40in). A lot of very good RB's have come out of 1AA.

Robinson put up some sick proday numbers, but the reality is he is hispanic (Cuban) born in the US. I don't believe there has ever been a hispanic RB in the NFL. Please don't think I am playing the race card, but if he were black...... after posting his amazing proday numbers, he would have gone in the 4th or 5th round. Kevin Curtis, WR (Rams) and Roger Robinson played at Utah State together, when they were on the scout team together, Robinson won the scout team MVP, not Curtis.

This guy has fought an uphill battle being a non/black RB. At Utah State they took two guy with half his talent and played them before Robinson. When Robinson left Utah State early in his sophomore season he was the third string running back, but leading rusher.... had twice the yards that the starter had and Robinson had less then half as many carries.

Robinson got his chance in NFLE, he completly outperformed every runningback there. There where RB's there from very big football schools and the kid from NAU made them all look bad. I would really like to see Robinson do well in the NFL, it would really be a feel good story if the public knew what this guy has gone through to get where he is.

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
But it is not my intention.

I write a page explaining my position and all you can take from it is "sounds like the race card"........ OK, your right on top of things.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it is not my intention.

I write a page explaining my position and all you can take from it is "sounds like the race card"........ OK, your right on top of things.
Saying you do not intend to play the race card, doesn't mean you are not playing the race card. Saying he was treated differently due to his race is playing the race card.

And that should be you are or you're, not your.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Robinson was put on IR, toe injury suffered in World Bowl.

Remember you heard it here........ Robinson was put on the shelf because he was pushing JJ when they both were at camp together their rookie year. Green didn't want an unsure JJ to have to compete against an undrafted free agent from NAU. Green got rid of Robinson, to the surprise of Cards RB coach....... Robinson is what the Cards thought JJ was when they drafted JJ in the second round. Faster then JJ( better 40/ 4.36), stronger (better proday benchpress/ 21 reps) and explostion (much better vert almost 40in). A lot of very good RB's have come out of 1AA.

Robinson put up some sick proday numbers, but the reality is he is hispanic (Cuban) born in the US. I don't believe there has ever been a hispanic RB in the NFL. Please don't think I am playing the race card, but if he were black...... after posting his amazing proday numbers, he would have gone in the 4th or 5th round. Kevin Curtis, WR (Rams) and Roger Robinson played at Utah State together, when they were on the scout team together, Robinson won the scout team MVP, not Curtis.

This guy has fought an uphill battle being a non/black RB. At Utah State they took two guy with half his talent and played them before Robinson. When Robinson left Utah State early in his sophomore season he was the third string running back, but leading rusher.... had twice the yards that the starter had and Robinson had less then half as many carries.

Robinson got his chance in NFLE, he completly outperformed every runningback there. There where RB's there from very big football schools and the kid from NAU made them all look bad. I would really like to see Robinson do well in the NFL, it would really be a feel good story if the public knew what this guy has gone through to get where he is.
great post, thanks for the info

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no bone to pick with you, Mulli. I thought my post explained my position. If you think I was playn the race card, then so be it........ Truce!!
You weren't, I take it back.