I'm giddy....SHAQ IS PISSED.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
It may have produced some kind of result but I don't think it's the one you're thinking of. This attitude speaks to the general perception of L.A. fans by the way. That they will accept any amount of egomania, selfishness, or ignorance as long as they get a winner.
quote]

Welcome to the real world! Of course, there is no egomania, selfishness, or ignorance on any other teams. Just the Lakers.

Your hatred and/or jealousy is really hindering your objectivity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Apparently, Shaw, Fox, Kobe, Horry, etc etc had nothing to do with the titles.

other than kobe, you're not seriously making this argument . . . are you? those are all easily replaceable role players around shaq and kobe.

nowagimp

Reaction score
other than kobe, you're not seriously making this argument . . . are you? those are all easily replaceable role players around shaq and kobe.

That supporting cast was so weak, it just makes the shaq/kobe duo even more impressive. I dont think one of those scrubs could create his own shot, not one. It also makes me think that was NOT an all time great team. They were the best over that period though.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
It may have produced some kind of result but I don't think it's the one you're thinking of. This attitude speaks to the general perception of L.A. fans by the way. That they will accept any amount of egomania, selfishness, or ignorance as long as they get a winner.

Welcome to the real world! Of course, there is no egomania, selfishness, or ignorance on any other teams. Just the Lakers.

Your hatred and/or jealousy is really hindering your objectivity.

We're not talking about other teams. We're talking about the Lakers and the Suns. If you want to talk about other teams make a new thread. I've heard Laker fans boo A.C. Green for crying out loud.

Objectively, Kobe Bryant appears, among other things, egotistical and selfish. I don't have any hatred for him because I don't know him personally.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
But when kobe throws his teammates(bynum) under the bus, its all good cause he's still an LA boy?

No argument here. What kobe did was wrong. But put it in perspective. Kobe made his comments to a couple of fans who secretly recorded him. And at the time, it was a mediocre Bynum being compared to HOF Kidd. His comments were more out of respect for Kidd and wishing to get him, than dissing Bynum. However, it was still wrong and he made amends and apologized.

Shaq on the other had made his comments right to the media KNOWING it would go public and has rarely admitted fault or apologized for anything. Just look at his comments yesterday for example.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

Come on! Horry has proven his worth many times over with clutch game winning shots. The lakers dont get their first title without the playoff heroics of Shaw in Portland series.

Yes they are role players, but they made the shots when it counted. If you can just replace them ao simply as you imply, then why dont you guys go out and replace Diaw, Skinner, and LB since you complain about their productivity so often?

Its a team sport.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Let's see the documents, then.

If you think im going to go search the web for you for articles written over his entire career describing how he comes to camp overweight, out of shape etc.. your dreaming. If you have followed his career you would know he is well known for not having a very good work ethic. He has always relied on his size and in his early days, athelicism.

Good luck in todays game. I hope the suns win.

Im outta here to go watch the games. Be good

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That supporting cast was so weak, it just makes the shaq/kobe duo even more impressive. I dont think one of those scrubs could create his own shot, not one. It also makes me think that was NOT an all time great team. They were the best over that period though.

i agree to an extent, however, the ONLY reason why I think they could compete on an "all-time" level was because during that run, they had without a doubt two of the most dominating players of all time, both of them in their primes.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
If you think im going to go search the web for you for articles written over his entire career describing how he comes to camp overweight, out of shape etc.. your dreaming. If you have followed his career you would know he is well known for not having a very good work ethic. He has always relied on his size and in his early days, athelicism.

Good luck in todays game. I hope the suns win.

Im outta here to go watch the games. Be good

Before you go: Remember that YOU made the accusation about his work ethic. It is on YOU to prove it.

"Your hatred and/or jealousy is really hindering your objectivity."

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Before you go: Remember that YOU made the accusation about his work ethic. It is on YOU to prove it.

"Your hatred and/or jealousy is really hindering your objectivity."

Ill get you some articles if your that oblivious to what is WELL KNOWN throughout the league by now. But for now, im going to go watch the games. Ill post them later tonight.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
come on man, I love Shaq, but there's no doubting his legendary laziness while on the Lakers his last four years.

Sorry, man. Your opinion might be that he was lazy. Unless you've been his size, doing what he had to do to succeed on the court, how can you know how much work it takes? And I am responding to an opinion about Shaq NOW, not his last 4 years with the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, man. Your opinion might be that he was lazy. Unless you've been his size, doing what he had to do to succeed on the court, how can you know how much work it takes? And I am responding to an opinion about Shaq NOW, not his last 4 years with the Lakers.

oh come on. EVERYONE who either lives in LA or follows the Lakers or even followed Shaq after knows the guy is notoriously lazy. Again, I love the guy to death but he only works his ass off when he's got something to prove. It's been a pattern throughout his entire career.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
he's definitely gone through some loafing periods in his career - look at all the suns talk about him being motivated, angry, etc and playing better

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Ill get you some articles if your that oblivious to what is WELL KNOWN throughout the league by now. But for now, im going to go watch the games. Ill post them later tonight.

Don't bother. I've read plenty of opinion pieces about Shaq arriving to camp overweight and such earlier in his career. Unless you can show me that Shaq practiced significantly less than most other 7 foot 325 pound centers over the last few months, your assertion about Shaq's current work ethic is just leftover bitterness to me.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
oh come on. EVERYONE who either lives in LA or follows the Lakers or even followed Shaq after knows the guy is notoriously lazy. Again, I love the guy to death but he only works his ass off when he's got something to prove. It's been a pattern throughout his entire career.

Lazy how? Sleep through practice all the time? Skip shootarounds? Eat pizzas and Twinkies on the couch during the season instead of the team nutritionist's diet outline? Blow off work outs in the weight room? Or is it just that a player of his natural talent has so much expectation to live up to that he is judged by stiffer standards?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lazy how? Sleep through practice all the time? Skip shootarounds? Eat pizzas and Twinkies on the couch during the season instead of the team nutritionist's diet outline? Blow off work outs in the weight room? Or is it just that a player of his natural talent has so much expectation to live up to that he is judged by stiffer standards?

how about putting off surgery he knew he needed to have all summer until right before training camp because if "he got injured on company time, he should recover during company time? and then he ended up missing all of training camp and most of the first month of the season?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Cheeseair, Cheeseberry, and Cheese-Z-Clown to join this debate.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
how about putting off surgery he knew he needed to have all summer until right before training camp because if "he got injured on company time, he should recover during company time? and then he ended up missing all of training camp and most of the first month of the season?

Is that "lazy" though? It might have been a crappy move...a poor, maybe despicable decision. Did he ever quit on his team in the middle of a game because he wanted to teach them a lesson about his worth? Oh, no, that was Kobe.

I'm just tired of internet experts who can proclaim one guy is disingenuous without any first hand knowledge. Folks who profess to know what it takes from the comfort of their cushy chair, relying on only what the media tells them. It appears ignorant to me.

Plus I got tired of seeing Laker fan posting willy-nilly, bashing Shaq. I'll take up just about ANY fight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that "lazy" though? It might have been a crappy move...a poor, maybe despicable decision. Did he ever quit on his team in the middle of a game because he wanted to teach them a lesson about his worth? Oh, no, that was Kobe.

uh, this wasn't a conversation about Kobe, so what does it matter?

I'm just tired of internet experts who can proclaim one guy is disingenuous without any first hand knowledge. Folks who profess to know what it takes from the comfort of their cushy chair, relying on only what the media tells them. It appears ignorant to me.

yeah, but it's not like... eh, who cares. almost game time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05