I'm giddy....SHAQ IS PISSED.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I joined this thread, Kobe was in the conversation.

in relation to work ethic? I haven't read the thread, but I hope you weren't arguing anything regarding that. Dude's disgusting as far as that's concerned. Being a good teamate is another matter entirely though.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, man. Your opinion might be that he was lazy. Unless you've been his size, doing what he had to do to succeed on the court, how can you know how much work it takes? And I am responding to an opinion about Shaq NOW, not his last 4 years with the Lakers.

NO...that's not correct. You were responding to my comment:

"Yes, a lot of us LA fans do not like Shaq and it's mostly do to his crappy work ethic,"

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Don't bother. I've read plenty of opinion pieces about Shaq arriving to camp overweight and such earlier in his career. Unless you can show me that Shaq practiced significantly less than most other 7 foot 325 pound centers over the last few months, your assertion about Shaq's current work ethic is just leftover bitterness to me.

Months? Not at all. Im talking career and my original comment was replying why we laker fans have some resentment. Right now your seeing the motivated Shaq. Just as the Lakers and Miami saw when he arrived there. I have no doubt Shaq is working his butt off right now and it shows. That is exactly my point. He doesnt do it consistently. He grows complacent and gets lazy. Its not earth shattering news. He has done it at every stop. That is what work ethic is. It also has nothing to do with what other 7 footers are doing. It's about being the best you can be.

I really have nothing to be bitter about. He did help us win 3 championships. I think hes a true character and good for the NBA. I just think he could have been soooooo much more. The greatest center of all time. He has/had all the tools. If he had the work ethic of MJ, Kobe, Nash, Leborn etc etc... he would have been the all time greatest. He didnt, he isnt.

With that being said, it's obvious you have your views and i have mine and we will just agree to disagree. Take care.

game time!!! Good luck suns. *poof*

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
so andrew, how do you feel about shaq being pissed now? he really made a statement out there by leading us to victory tonight!

haha. that made me laugh.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
so andrew, how do you feel about shaq being pissed now? he really made a statement out there by leading us to victory tonight!

He did a pretty decent job tonight, unlike Game 1. Somehow he stayed out of foul trouble. The thing is the rest of the team didn't show up.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So is it Shaq's fault we lost? Shaq did his stuff, if Barbosa had playd with a brain (and other role players)we probably would have won.
Plus Hill shouldnt have been in the line-up today.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
He did a pretty decent job tonight, unlike Game 1. Somehow he stayed out of foul trouble. The thing is the rest of the team didn't show up.

he did have a good game, but he didn't seem to me to be a guy who was on a mission to get back at the spurs for losing a close game 1. he just seemed to be playing how we knew he could when out of foul trouble. he still allowed duncan some key offensive boards and a few easy buckets.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
So is it Shaq's fault we lost? Shaq did his stuff, if Barbosa had playd with a brain (and other role players)we probably would have won.
Plus Hill shouldnt have been in the line-up today.

what is it with people not reading? did i ever once say "shaq is the reason we lost"? nope. i just said that he didn't seem pissed at all to me. he allowed parker and ginobili to rule the paint and score there at will.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Shaq is pissed and is going to take over in game 3 like it's 1995.

Suns 125
Sterns 60

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
But the 2008 Suns are and this is the best team I have seen Phoenix ever put together. Did you see how we dominated the first quarter of both games? That proves that the Suns are clearly the better team.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the 2008 Suns are and this is the best team I have seen Phoenix ever put together. Did you see how we dominated the first quarter of both games? That proves that the Suns are clearly the better team.

No doubt, but not with the better coach.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

being the better team for a quarter or half proves nothing. that's like racing a sprinter and a marathon runner then saying " but did you see the sprinter?!? he dominated the first 100 yards! he is by far the better runner!".

OP
OP
A

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I knew that question was gonna come up. He did his part, he can't win games BY HIMSELF.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I knew that question was gonna come up. He did his part, he can't win games BY HIMSELF.
but he's shaq. he is selfish always has been. that's why he didn't want to stay in LA......everybody blames kobe. but it seems like shaq was the one doing all the talking before and after he left. as much as he talks you'd think he'd be able to win games by himself. he's the self proclaimed aristotle. or he's puffy and kobe is mase.....or he's the daddy. I can keep going on with all of his unecessary trash talking that he does. after a mavs lakers game, he called don nelson a clown and ripped him for fouling him and making him shoot free throws. what was nelson supposed to do keep letting bradley defend him? he also got mad at a reporter after a heat mavs game that asked him why he had trouble scoring on erik dampier. maybe then shaq should of realized his game had slipped, but instead he went off on the dallas reporter. this guy talks way too much. I'm sorry I don't want to hear his whining anymore. I hope the suns come back and make a series out of this....and I even hope they win. but not for shaq's sake. I wish they'd a kept marion....and settled with another big player. just my neutral take. shaq is too arrogant IMO. and the suns miss marion's perimeter defense. bell is all they got.

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but he's the self proclaimed aristotle. or he's puffy and kobe is mase.....or he's the daddy. I can keep going on with all of his unecessary trash talking that he does. He called don nelson a clown and ripped him for fouling him and making him shoot free throws. what was nelson supposed to do keep letting bradley defend him? this guy talks way too much. I'm sorry I don't want to hear his whining anymore. I hope the suns come back and make a series out of this....and I even hope they win. but not for shaq's sake. I wish they'd a kept marion....and settled with another big player. just my neutral take. shaq is too arrogant IMO. and the suns miss marion's perimeter defense. bell is all they got.

Please do not talk about Marion in a Spurs series, Shaq did his part. let him talk his trash, i personally dont care NBA will be a booooring place without people like Shaq and Sheed. every player has his own thing, If talking trash is what will make him perform the way he did tonite; more grease to his elbow.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Please do not talk about Marion in a Spurs series, Shaq did his part. let him talk his trash, i personally dont care NBA will be a booooring place without people like Shaq and Sheed. every player has his own thing, If talking trash is what will make him perform the way he did tonite; more grease to his elbow.
ok maybe marion couldn't score against the spurs....because that's what suns fans always complained most about shawn. but his periemeter defense and rebounding are clearly missed. let's just ask raja....to a man he'd be a liar not to say he needs some more help out there. parker and ginobli are getting in the lane without a problem...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok maybe marion couldn't score against the spurs....because that's what suns fans always complained most about shawn. but his periemeter defense and rebounding are clearly missed. let's just ask raja....to a man he'd be a liar not to say he needs some more help out there. parker and ginobli are getting in the lane without a problem...

how's that different than any other year? Marion got torched by those guys regularly as well. hill played parker just as well, but he's hurt.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
how's that different than any other year? Marion got torched by those guys regularly as well.
I agree. but he helped guard tony parker at times contained him in the playoffs last year. I actually thought marion's defense had an impact on that series. he was a player who could defend on the perimeter....unlike any of the other guys the suns are throwing out there now except for bell I guess. I apologize if I'm giving the impression that marion is the difference here. I just thought that he was the suns best defender and best hustle player.....and you get shaq in return which I don't feel will be the difference either.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. but he helped guard tony parker at times contained him in the playoffs last year. I actually thought marion's defense had an impact on that series. he was a player who could defend on the perimeter....unlike any of the other guys the suns are throwing out there now except for bell I guess.

they're screwed because of Hill's injury... and because DA is a moron, not because the tortilla's not around anymore.