I'm going to puke

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's a good thing I bought a lot of liquor. I'm going to need it. Time to start cutting myself.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I saw this one coming from a mile away. WE HAVE NO LEFT TACKLE! Our hand was forced, and hopefully it works out.

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
That is probably the worst top 5 pick I can remember in recent history...for any team.

It is just ridiculous. It is depressing.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Didn't we just get rid of Levi Brown

No kidding...what a disaster, that is what happens when you don't fill your needs in free agency, and have to reach for a player at 5. We couldn't even pick up another pick, and missed out on a potential superstar in Peterson.

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
I saw this one coming from a mile away. WE HAVE NO LEFT TACKLE! Our hand was forced, and hopefully it works out.

That in no way means you MUST make that big of a stretch with a number 5 pick. Terrible. Just terrible. There is a second round. This pick is equivalent to having LaDainian Tomlinson available and taking Neil Rackers in a fantasy draft!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Get over yourselves. I swear some people are Cardinal fans just so they can complain.

Best choice? No. Fills a need? Yes. THe only way I'll get upset is if the Cardinals didn't try to trade the pick. If they tried to trade it, but would have been taken out of the top ten if they did, then sticking with the 5the fifth pick and filling a need isn't THAT bad. 5 more picks before you should start judging.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They made that pick with 6 minutes left on the clock. You mean to tell me you couldn't have brokered a trade with ATL or MIA with Quinn and Landry on the board. PATHETIC

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is probably the worst top 5 pick I can remember in recent history...for any team.

It is just ridiculous. It is depressing.

I think that's a bit of an overreaction. Worst top 5 pick in recent history? He was highly regarded by a lot of scouts and coaches. Before the pick the talking heads were talking about all of the OL coaches who preferred him over Thomas. It's not like we used a top 5 pick on a nobody or reached for someone who would have otherwise been selected at the end of the round.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I guess BPA is dead now huh.....

Rod Graves your career is now on the clock.

This guy better be a pro bowler for 8-10 years or you just screwed up big time.

I hate this pick it's the same old same old I could have lived with Thomas instead of AP but Levi Brown?

This is such BS.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I think that's a bit of an overreaction. Worst top 5 pick in recent history? He was highly regarded by a lot of scouts and coaches. Before the pick the talking heads were talking about all of the OL coaches who preferred him over Thomas. It's not like we used a top 5 pick on a nobody or reached for someone who would have otherwise been selected at the end of the round.
Thank you! For a minute I thought I was the only rational poster visiting this site today...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
That was a PANIC pick...Stupid Graves...could've traded down to 10 or 11 for that pick!!!!

Should've taken Landry with that pick...

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Get over yourselves. I swear some people are Cardinal fans just so they can complain.

Best choice? No. Fills a need? Yes. THe only way I'll get upset is if the Cardinals didn't try to trade the pick. If they tried to trade it, but would have been taken out of the top ten if they did, then sticking with the 5the fifth pick and filling a need isn't THAT bad. 5 more picks before you should start judging.
ORAN I would have been fine w/ Brown if they traded down and got another 2nd round pick. With Quinn and Landry on the board there is no reason why they couldn't have traded down. Plus if Graves retained Big we could have traded him today or had a left tackle and could have picked the BPA instead of reaching again.

I wouldn't complain if this FO wasn't full of a bunch of people that couldn't make a cup of coffee with a cup, hot water, coffee and coffee filters.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
No kidding...what a disaster, that is what happens when you don't fill your needs in free agency, and have to reach for a player at 5. We couldn't even pick up another pick, and missed out on a potential superstar in Peterson.

We couldn't trade down because as Michael Smith reported, Brown wouldn't have lasted past ATL @ 8. They might have passed on Peterson because of that huge ass red flag of him being injured AGAIN.

I would've prefered to trade down but if what Smith said was true then this isn't such a bad pick. Although people will bitch about it anyways (no matter who they picked people would've bitched about it anyways)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm strangley at peace with the pick. Yeah, I would have wanted AP, but baring that, it's an okay pick.

I think he's probably work out okay...but when someone said "let's hope we didn't get another LD," I disagree. If he turns out as good as Davis, we done good.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, let's not give Brown a chance to prove himself. The season is already over. We're sure to be picking #1 next year. It's just so much fun to second guess this club that we can't wait for the to make a move so we can throw it in their faces.:sarcasm:

The Cards have been telling us all week that they had Brown rated higher than any other tackle. Just maybe he's the BPA as far as they are concerned.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Oh well, I'm sure everyone can fall in love with McFadden next year.

Levi Brown had to be the pick, we couldn't start the season with that hole at LT.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

Agree 100% AP would have been awesome to have.....but if everyone actually believes this team will be better with Gandy at T with Edge/AP at RB, you need to watch more football, Gandy is horrible. Grimm went to this kid's workout, he obviously saw something he liked....they aren't going to pick players just to pick them. Brown is a great run blocker and hopefully Grimm can coach up his pass blocking (he should be protecting Matt's frontside also). I am going to wait at least till the end of the draft before I start claiming that this is the same old Cards....we still have alot of young talent and I think we actually have a coaching staff that will put in the hours to be competitive in the NFL.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
he might work to be a solid OL - if hes does we win for the next 5 or 6 years at least!

its an underwelming pick but its solid! the kid can play no doubt about it so give hime a chance yes?