I'm going to puke

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a PANIC pick...Stupid Graves...could've traded down to 10 or 11 for that pick!!!!

Should've taken Landry with that pick...

No they couldn't. #10 is Houston. If we swapped picks they'd probably want Brown for themselves so then we'd be sitting at 10 with none of out top players available.

#11 is SF. Why would they want to trade up? They can stay where they are and get their guy, either Carriker or Branch. LOL, they're going to give away needed draft picks to reach for their guy and help a division rival?

You can't trade down without someone wanting to trade up.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yes, let's not give Brown a chance to prove himself. The season is already over. We're sure to be picking #1 next year. It's just so much fun to second guess this club that we can't wait for the to make a move so we can throw it in their faces.:sarcasm:

The Cards have been telling us all week that they had Brown rated higher than any other tackle. Just maybe he's the BPA as far as they are concerned.

Ok, sure whatever.

They drafted for need again, the offseason is to avoid this, any way you cut this they screwed up. They are guilty until proven otherwise just because of the way this played out.

If you read Browns draft bio it sounds just like LD, now why on earth wouldn't you franchise him and keep him instead of getting his rookie clone replacement witht the 5th pick in the draft?

Because you're not smart that's why.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
Who was going to trade up for the Cards' pick when then know we aren't taking Quinn and probably didn't need Peterson. They can wait for the Redskins and save $$

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
ORAN I would have been fine w/ Brown if they traded down and got another 2nd round pick. With Quinn and Landry on the board there is no reason why they couldn't have traded down. Plus if Graves retained Big we could have traded him today or had a left tackle and could have picked the BPA instead of reaching again.

I wouldn't complain if this FO wasn't full of a bunch of people that couldn't make a cup of coffee with a cup, hot water, coffee and coffee filters.

Amen...and ORAN, no need to make things personal. Get over YOURself!

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shefter reports with 9:00 left to pick that the Cards spent 6 minutes on the phone with Brown. Shouldn't they have spent six minutes trying to trade?

spleenk

Registered
Reaction score
I'm strangley at peace with the pick.

I agree. We got a decent-rated guy that fills a need. Steve Young said it best when he say's Mgmnt is telling Matt and Edge "we're getting you some help".

Nobody seems to want Quinn or AP or aren't willing to pay the price to move up.

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
No offense, but I think people are a little quick to hand the keys of the car to this kid. LT is important, but we have a lefty at QB. Rookies OL don't usually step right up their first year.

I'm not thrilled by any stretch. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not thrilled.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
ORAN I would have been fine w/ Brown if they traded down and got another 2nd round pick. With Quinn and Landry on the board there is no reason why they couldn't have traded down. Plus if Graves retained Big we could have traded him today or had a left tackle and could have picked the BPA instead of reaching again.

I wouldn't complain if this FO wasn't full of a bunch of people that couldn't make a cup of coffee with a cup, hot water, coffee and coffee filters.

A- we don't know if they tried to trade down. It might not have been a possiblity with ATL wanted Brwon at 8th.

B- People are forgetting that L.Davis sucked, and was the false start king. Who know who would have traded for him.

Again- 5 more picks to go. If the rest suck, I'm right on board with you.

Remember: Wilson, Boldin, Dansby, Dockett, Deuce, Fransisco, and Shipp were not first round picks. We can still pick up impact players the next two days!

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who was going to trade up for the Cards' pick when then know we aren't taking Quinn and probably didn't need Peterson. They can wait for the Redskins and save $$
ok they knew we wouldn't have taken him but ATL's guy is Landry and WAS would take him. therefore if they trade with us they beat them to it

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shefter reports with 9:00 left to pick that the Cards spent 6 minutes on the phone with Brown. Shouldn't they have spent six minutes trying to trade?

I know this is a strange concept but maybe they really like Brown.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
ok they knew we wouldn't have taken him but ATL's guy is Landry and WAS would take him. therefore if they trade with us they beat them to it

So the plan with the pick was to pray? Its not a good idea to get too cute in the draft or you miss out on your guy.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The Cards have been telling us all week that they had Brown rated higher than any other tackle. Just maybe he's the BPA as far as they are concerned.

The Cards have never said that once. The reports have always been that the FO and scouts liked Thomas better and the coaching staff, mostly Grimm liked Brown better.

Since Thomas went first we will never truely know what the real case was especially after Wiz stated they had both ranked close. So to say otherwise either way just isnt true.

As for Brown I dont love the pick by any means but I will give it a chance because my top 2 were gone in Thomas and Adams. I just hope we hit on some really good D picks later in the draft. If we passed on Adams for Brown I think i would be more upset but right now I am indifferent.

On a side note did here right that Grimm ran the OL drills at the penn St. pro day?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We couldn't trade down because as Michael Smith reported, Brown wouldn't have lasted past ATL @ 8. They might have passed on Peterson because of that huge ass red flag of him being injured AGAIN.

I would've prefered to trade down but if what Smith said was true then this isn't such a bad pick. Although people will bitch about it anyways (no matter who they picked people would've bitched about it anyways)

Whis has stated among others that Peterson cleared medically, and that it wasn't a concern. Nobody had Brown going top 5, and there is a reason for that. I think we can both agree, Peterson has a far greater chance of being a great player than Brown. We panic because our tackles are atrocious, and because the Browns pick Thomas, we get screwed. This all gets back to not taking care of the tackle position in free agency. We replace the guy we could have easily afforded for exactly the same type of player.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It was a good pick. I would have liked Peterson, but with Davis gone our o-line is so pathetic...Peterson would struggle to pass 100 yards on the season. Yes it's an exaggeration, but you guys are exaggerating too. I'm happy with the pick, I trust Whis and Grimm.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
No they couldn't. #10 is Houston. If we swapped picks they'd probably want Brown for themselves so then we'd be sitting at 10 with none of out top players available.

Why would Houtson take a guy who would be a horrible fit for their zone blocking scheme. Brown wasnt even ever on Houstons radar and never was.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
On a side note did here right that Grimm ran the OL drills at the penn St. pro day?

That's what they said.

Same. Old. Cardinals. While I admire Graves for not giving up the #5 overall pick and moving back in the second for the #25 and #29 or whatever, he reached for need.

This is just poor planning. It's just a shame that this team is going to be bad again next season. At least they'll pick up some Pittsburgh fans, because I don't think they'll be able to sell out the stadium after two 5-11 seasons in a row.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
B- People are forgetting that L.Davis sucked, and was the false start king. Who know who would have traded for him.

Well considering he got 50 Mill, 18 gauranteed, and 3 rivals teams in the same division fighting for his services there isnt an arguemnt in the world you can give to tell me we could not have got something in return for him.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
if this is the guy that they feel will be one of their best O-lineman for years to come......then it is a good pick. If they are stretching because they are trying to feel a void.......then it is a bad pick. The draft is never the time to send out a verdict. johnson could be a flopp for detroit. brown could be the guy that recovers a fumble in the end zone for a SB winning TD.........you never know.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am going to give Levi a chance but holy crap was that a reach and that's my point. Plus they still could have gotten a good OT in the second round. Everyone said Levi is going to take a year to devolp his pass protection.