I'm listening to...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a good movie with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight in the early 70's. If you get a chance, check it out.
I saw it in the summer of 69. I was 15 and no license yet so I had to rely on other's for car rides if I wanted to go to a drive-in. I had a good friend from my church that was a year older than me but strict Pentecostal churches back then frowned on movie going.

Fortunately his parents allowed him to see good Christian movies which translated to Disney flicks and cowboy movies. And that's how two naive, sheltered teens got to see Midnight Cowboy. Actually, we only got to see about 20 minutes of it having discovered that Midnight Cowboy wasn't a Western. But great movie or not, we were not the only vehicle pulling out of the drive-in early.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw it in the summer of 69. I was 15 and no license yet so I had to rely on other's for car rides if I wanted to go to a drive-in. I had a good friend from my church that was a year older than me but strict Pentecostal churches back then frowned on movie going.

Fortunately his parents allowed him to see good Christian movies which translated to Disney flicks and cowboy movies. And that's how two naive, sheltered teens got to see Midnight Cowboy. Actually, we only got to see about 20 minutes of it having discovered that Midnight Cowboy wasn't a Western. But great movie or not, we were not the only vehicle pulling out of the drive-in early.
We were on a cruise last year, and one of the plays on ship was Kinky Boots. The couple next to us were very friendly. First thing they asked me is if I listened to Christian radio. They were excited to see the play. Almost as soon as the lights went down, there was a scene about a transgender black man. They left immediately. I kept thinking, surely the title of the play gave them an indication they might not like the content? :shrug:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were on a cruise last year, and one of the plays on ship was Kinky Boots. The couple next to us were very friendly. First thing they asked me is if I listened to Christian radio. They were excited to see the play. Almost as soon as the lights went down, there was a scene about a transgender black man. They left immediately. I kept thinking, surely the title of the play gave them an indication they might not like the content? :shrug:

LOL, subtle.

"Yeah, that music helps relax me when I'm sacrificing goats to the Prince of Darkness, Lord Beelzebub."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Johnny Cash - "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" [Live from Austin, TX]

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Original Enigma Voices in Tel Aviv - Return to Innocence