I'm really rooting for Elijah Jones

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with you in This case, but six is a very small sample size

It's not something that has a lot of samples. But all the samples indicate the same thing. ACL injuries (all injuries really that have high recovery rates) affect draft position very little now.

The only medical thing that tends to affect draft position are ongoing and long term issues as happened with Trey Smith.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Garrett Williams did not have 1st round tape.

Tearing your ACL does not drop you from top 32 to 72. Especially one that was in season and the player is already well into his recovery. It had been 6 months by the draft.

Jeffery Simmons tore his ACL while combine training and still went #19. Caleb Farley went #21 coming off an ACL with a bad spine.

At worst his ACL cost him 10 spots. Probably not even that.
Zinter, the OG from Michigan, had 1st round, early 2nd round grades before his knee injury against OSU.
Not sure where we went but he’s going to be a steal and probably end up being the best OG in the draft a couple years down the road.

I guess a lot of it depends on the extent of the injury which none of us are privy to.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Garrett Williams did not have 1st round tape.

Tearing your ACL does not drop you from top 32 to 72. Especially one that was in season and the player is already well into his recovery. It had been 6 months by the draft.

Jeffery Simmons tore his ACL while combine training and still went #19. Caleb Farley went #21 coming off an ACL with a bad spine.

At worst his ACL cost him 10 spots. Probably not even that.
Disagree. He was considered a player to watch going into that season. He was likely a mid second rounder projection.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Zinter, the OG from Michigan, had 1st round, early 2nd round grades before his knee injury against OSU.
Not sure where we went but he’s going to be a steal and probably end up being the best OG in the draft a couple years down the road.

I guess a lot of it depends on the extent of the injury which none of us are privy to.
He went #84