Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Two of the top three per ESPN's poll.

The top two per Sagarin.

Booyah.
I like the booyah with the period. Very understated.

In related news, I've got CNN on the tube. There was a mjor fire at the Nebraska library. Burnt right down to the ground.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I like the booyah with the period. Very understated.

In related news, I've got CNN on the tube. There was a mjor fire at the Nebraska library. Burnt right down to the ground.
Both books were burnt to a crisp.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Why don't you say bad things about white coaches why do you say only bad things about Ty???

If it were up to me, I'd ban your ass for this.
As it is it only makes you look like an idiot, which is fine also I suppose.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Both books were burnt to a crisp.
The real
tragedy was that neither one of them were colored in, yet.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Who said an Internet presence isn't an acurate reflection of personality?:shrug:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Dude, fight back. I'm killing you here.

Call me a racist again or something, that was pretty effective the first time.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
For what's it's worth, you weren't here to listen to Section 11 go off on Dennis Erickson. That was a classic thread.

I don't think that Section 11 hates Ty because he's black, he hates him because he has no class. But you're doing an excellent job of defending him. I'm sure he's glad to count you as a friend.
Are you telling me that Dennis Erickson is White???

I take it all back. He's a great, great man.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ND Schedule:
Wash St
Michigan
Michigan St
Purdue
Pittsburgh
USC
Boston College
Florida St
Navy (tradition)
BYU
Stanford
Syracuse

NEB Schedule:
Oklahoma St
UTAH STATE
Penn St
Southern Miss
TROY STATE
Missouri
Texas A and M
Iowa St
Texas
Kansas
Kansas St
Colorado

P.S. I never called you or anyone here racist - don't put words in my mouth. By the way there are different kinds of racism in the world one kind doesn't mind blacks who entertain them: athletes, actors singers etc. Or the kind who says some of my best friends are black but... Heck there are even blacks who are racist against their fellow blacks Name a white coach who doesn't pile up points but when Ty does it suddenly he has no class? WTF is that?
I have seen plenty of racist attacks on Ty and DG over the years on the internet - are you denying this exists? Hey YOU MENTIONED YOUR WHITE ASS why did you mention colour there???

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Are you telling me that Dennis Erickson is White???

I take it all back. He's a great, great man.

:biglaugh:

Where is that thread? That's worth a bump. Hold on...

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
P.S. There are different kinds of racism in the world one kind doesn't mind blacks who entertain them: athletes, actors singers etc. Or the kind who says some of my best friends are black but... Heck there are even blacks who are racist against their fellow blacks!
Unbelievable.

Did I mention that Ty Willingham is a classless tool?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
If it were up to me, I'd ban your ass for this.

Dude, vikesfan is not an idiot.

Attachments

• VF.jpg
    VF.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 98

birdie

We like baseboards...
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
P.S. There are different kinds of racism in the world one kind doesn't mind blacks who entertain them: athletes, actors singers etc. Or the kind who says some of my best friends are black but... Heck there are even blacks who are racist against their fellow blacks!

I was refrainig from commenting and I still will but - that's really something else... :rolleyes: :thumbdown

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'll bet you even think OJ is guilty. Don't you, Uncle Tom?
OJ might have been found guilty if the corrupt LAPD (subsequently proven) had not done such a terrible job attempting to build the case against him by tampering with evidence.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
OJ might have been found guilty if the corrupt LAPD (subsequently proven) had not done such a terrible job attempting to build the case against him by tampering with evidence.
Are you saying you think the Juice is a murderer? You know he's black, right?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Tyrone Willingham might as well coach at Miami

http://daily.stanford.edu/daily/servlet/tempo?page=content&id=12593&repository=0001_article

The Stanford football team was hoping to conclude its season with a morale-boosting win over Notre Dame and former coach Tyrone Willingham in his first return to the Farm. The Cardinal was hoping to secure a little positive momentum heading into the offseason and send out its 13 seniors on a high note.

But instead, Stanford was embarrassed like it had never been before on its home turf — and the team is left with a lingering bitterness over some Irish antics.

Stanford ended the 2003 season on Saturday with a humiliating, depressing 57-7 pasting at the hands of Notre Dame — the worst home loss in 96 years of school history. (The previous worst home loss in school history was 49-0 to UCLA in 1987. The Stanford records do not include the point differential during the rugby years of 1912-1917 and the unofficial World War I season of 1918.)

The Cardinal (4-7) put itself behind the 8-ball with a truly anemic first-quarter showing. The Irish (5-6) racked up 210 total yards to Stanford’s nine and scored three times to jump ahead 21-0 and completely deflate everyone in cardinal red uniforms.

Notre Dame running back Julius Jones was the star of the evening. He had 74 yards on the game’s opening drive and finished with a mind-boggling 218 yards and a 9.5 yard-per-carry average. Additionally, Irish quarterback Brady Quinn threw touchdown passes of 65 and 45 yards, running back Ryan Grant had three touchdown runs and the Notre Dame defense returned two Stanford fumbles for touchdowns.

“We didn’t play,” said senior quarterback Chris Lewis. “We didn’t tackle, we didn’t get first downs [and] we turned the ball over for touchdowns.”

The lone bright spot for Stanford was wide receiver Mark Bradford, who caught six passes for 116 yards and a 65-yard touchdown in the third quarter that prevented the Cardinal from being shut out twice in the same season for the first time since 1962.

Though the action was handily one-sided on the field, there was plenty of off-the-field controversy leading up to and after the game.

First, in Saturday’s Oakland Tribune, Stanford offensive coordinator David Kelly was asked about his feelings about facing a number of ex-Stanford coaches — including Willingham, defensive coordinator Kent Baer and offensive coordinator Bill Diedrick.

“This game is personal,” Kelly said. “Some people at Notre Dame continue to feel they’re experts on what’s going on in the Stanford program. My advice to them is to focus on the Notre Dame program.”

This was probably deemed bulletin-board material for the Irish. Willingham had no official statement on Kelly’s comments after the game, though he did smile when asked about them.

Fast forward to a few minutes before kickoff. The 13 Stanford seniors were in the middle of being honored in an on-field tribute with loved ones when, suddenly, the entire Notre Dame team sprinted onto the field — right through the ceremony — and took their place on the opposing sideline.

Needless to say, several Cardinal players were miffed by the behavior of Willingham and his team.

“I felt like it was very disrespectful when they came on the field while the senior tribute was going on,” senior wide receiver Luke Powell said. “It was uncalled for.”

Added Teevens: “I wouldn’t do something like that. But people do what they do.”

Then, with 4:49 left in a game they led by 50 points, the Irish attempted a fake punt at midfield when punter D.J. Fitzpatrick took the snap and tossed a pass to wideout Chinedum Ndukwe — who came up three yards short of the first down.

That wasn’t the issue, though. Going for it on fourth down when a team is up by 50 points was the problem.

Willingham maintained he wasn’t trying to run up the score.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Willingham maintained he wasn’t trying to run up the score.

Wow. What a classy comment. Ty really represents the pride of the Irish.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a silly discussion.

The state of Nebraska has one of the very best public high school systems in the nation and Nebraska-born-and-bred players make up the core of their team. So, of course thay have good students. In order to win consistently, the Huskers also accept scum and keep them eligible in many mysterious ways.

I'm a Golden Domer but I like the way Nebraska does it. No hypocrisy. Just cheat openly to win. Why not? Miami does it even more. We know Colorado does it. Think Florida State's team is full of geniuses?

How about Tennessee and their 27% graduation rate? If the players can't graduate, how the hell do they keep them eligible? Ever hear of a Volunteer being on probation for bad grades? I haven't.

The point is that big-time college athletic programs are cesspools. Always have been. Always will be. So live with it.

What is so wrong about providing some college teaching, however watered down, to great athletes with no hope of ever being capable of writing a term paper, and in return letting them entertain millions? We screwed them over to begin with crappy public education in most of the states.

Tell me? What's wrong with it?

Notre Dame should feel free to do it their way, Nebraska theirs, and Miami theirs. Ripping up each other's motives is wasted effort.

If Notre Dame can't compete, they should quit whining and get out of football, or be satisfied with 6 win seasons.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm serious. Big time college football benefits everybody. It prepares athletes for the NFL, raizes money for the Universities, and provides entertainment for millions. Along the way, it also educates those who wish to be educated.

Leave it alone. And quit bashing the schools for doing it in whatever way works for them.