Injury Report

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Concerning the TE's I say big deal. We dont use them anyways. They are only glorified OL so far this season and the best blocking one is good to go. Color me not concerned at all with that injury news.

As far as Laboy it just means Berry will play more then Laboy but I think Laboy still plays. Just like Berry and Wilson did even though they missed the whole week.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 and 5 wides all day long with the sugar huddle!!!

Chuck and duck baby!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Concerning the TE's I say big deal. We dont use them anyways. They are only glorified OL so far this season and the best blocking one is good to go. Color me not concerned at all with that injury news.

As far as Laboy it just means Berry will play more then Laboy but I think Laboy still plays. Just like Berry and Wilson did even though they missed the whole week.

Agreed. Go jumbo and bring in Elton Brown at the goalline.

Go 4 wide most of the game, and do a west coast offense with quick passes.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like those ideas.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. Remember the Buffalo game? The Bills were constantly bring in tackles to line up as TEs in obvious running plays. Now granted it didn't work too well for them, perhaps with our style of running, which is typically up the gut, we won't have much of a problem. Hell, we may even average more than 4 yards/carry on Sunday.

Just hope that the one play action boot leg and lob we do, that E. Brown has soft hands

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that missing Pope and Patrick won't be too big of a deal (is Tuman healthy, yet?...he should could help with Peppers), but LaBoy is a big deal. That hurts if he can't go.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

I dont think people realize just how many times we have actually done just that so far this season. Off the top of my head we have done it 3 times already.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Concerning this I think it was in a Warner interview this week but he mentioned how good the Panthers pass D was and then went on to talk about how much he liked using the hurry up offense against the Bills and Dallas. Signs of things to come maybe?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Whiz and Haley realize it's in the teams best interest to make Warner as comfortable with the offense as possible...especially on the road.

I'd love to see the hurry-up most of the game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think people realize just how many times we have actually done just that so far this season. Off the top of my head we have done it 3 times already.

I haven't noticed to be honest. I haven't looked much either. I haven't rewatched home games this year for once.

Concerning this I think it was in a Warner interview this week but he mentioned how good the Panthers pass D was and then went on to talk about how much he liked using the hurry up offense against the Bills and Dallas. Signs of things to come maybe?

I hope they do. The hurry up offense is nearly unstopable.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Anybody got Fred Wakefield's number ?

He is a 3rd & 5 conversion machine!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Injury Report-

Kalil and Otah are officially OUT!

Have fun Berry and Dockett - they are going to BLOW UP that side of the line.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree about the TEs. Missing them is removing a nice option in our offensive arsenal. Makes us a little less flexible. Didn't we score 8 TDs from the TE position last year? That might have been the 2nd most among the 32 teams. I'm too lazy to check.

Missing LaBoy this week hurts.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Disagree about the TEs. Missing them is removing a nice option in our offensive arsenal. Makes us a little less flexible. Didn't we score 8 TDs from the TE position last year? That might have been the 2nd most among the 32 teams. I'm too lazy to check.

That is an interesting note, and I think you are correct. But Warner using TE's just isnt in his nature for the most part. Maybe the emergance of Breaston, Hightower, and Arrington as a reciever options, has put Warner back to his old self again pretty much ignoring the TE's for the most part. It could also be that they have been playing injured so the coaches just keep them at home blocking instead of run routes and doig cuts on their leg injuries?

Looking at the past games I am not even so sure that the TE's have even been used as decoys either, for the most part they have been doing a lot of blocking.

If you add up the receptions of all 3 of our TE's they would still only rank as our 5th recieving option.

Laboy would hurt. Dude just might be the most active guy on the D.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Patrick and Laboy practiced today. Along with Boldin they are listed as questionable. But according to Urbans blog he thinks all three will play. Pope is officially out though.

For Carolina old man Muhammad who for a 35 year old is still playing like a 28 year old is listed as doubtfull.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Patrick and Laboy practiced today. Along with Boldin they are listed as questionable. But according to Urbans blog he thinks all three will play. Pope is officially out though.

If I'm not mistaken, Ben Patrick is a Carolina guy who started his collegiate career at Duke. If that's the case, he probably had this date circled on his calendar. :)

I checked it out. According to wikipedia, Ben was a 3-sport letterman at Herschel V. Jenkins High School in Savannah, Georgia.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is WHY I was pushing to sign Tony Gonzalez...

IF Tuman gets hurt, we're screwed! :bang: Well, at least from my limited perspective. But I'm sure the coaches were aware of this possibility and will adjust if he goes down.

jamos14

Reaction score
Doubtful: Ryan Kalil (ankle) and Jeff Otah (ankle). Questionable: D.J. Hackett (knee). Probable: Thomas Davis (shoulder), Chris Harris (non-injury) and Muhsin Muhammad (team decision).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Boldin and Laboy play and Kahlil and Otah don't, I think we definitely win this game. Of course, if we don't bring the intensity (like at Washington and NY) we won't.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Pope has been ruled out per the official website. LaBoy and Boldin listed as questionable.