Irony

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Isn`t it ironic that Blake did the very same things Plummer used to do and screw up? Blake had a big hand in the loss.these are things we did not expect from a 11 year veteran QB.Hopefully today was just a fluke and Blake got it out of his system.:confused:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You're corect but he did look like he was alot more in command than PLummer ever did.I actually wasn't wincing down at the goal line waiting for a fumbled snap or INT in the end zone.Now ,i f he could jst get a play off in time once in a while they should be ok. I can't believe i just posted two consecutive posts with some good things to say about Blake.I had to work all night,so i must be somewhat delirious.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I hear you CBus.Blakes got a arm.just didn`t expect 2 major Screwups from him.must have thought he was still a Bengal.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I still think Blake will provide more positives than negatives this season.I don`t think he will be a savior or anything like that,but just a steady vet caretaker QB.I hope Sunday was just a bad day.:thumbup:

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
WITHOUT SOME GREAT PLAYS BY BLAKE were not even in the game. 370 yards and 3 tds aint bad. we got our butt on d and special teams. our offense ruled in time of possession but our d did nothing and the lions didnt have a good running back.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
GREAT Thread going on here!

Yes, Blake still is a HUGE upgrade from Plummer. But he really did kill us with 2 HUGE penalties.

Mel Gray TD

Registered
Reaction score
What about Blake's hands? Are they small. He dropped the one ball that bounced up to him and made a positive run. The fumble was just plain Jake stuff. At least no behind the back flips today!:thumbup:

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by BW52
Isn`t it ironic that Blake did the very same things Plummer used to do and screw up? Blake had a big hand in the loss.these are things we did not expect from a 11 year veteran QB.Hopefully today was just a fluke and Blake got it out of his system.:confused:

I guess I need to post it ONE more time.

Jeff Blake
Passer Rating: 96.3
Pass: 28/47/1/363 TD: 3 (7,12,71)
Rush: 3/12 TD: 0
Fumble: 1

Jake Plummer
Passer Rating: 21.7
Pass: 12/25/3/115 TD: 0
Rush: 3/7 TD: 0

No compairison :|

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BW52

I don't think Blake had a Plummeresque performance.

3 to 1 td/int ratio is not bad at all. To compare him to Jake is ridiculous. Blake right now is the #8 rated passer and outplayed Warner, Favre, Garcia, Brees, Bledsoe, Manning etc. Blake had ONE interception, and seriously how often does a pick get returned 74 yards for a touchdown? Culpepper had 2 or 3 fumbles, Warner had 5 or 6. He could have done better on a few things, but without him this isn't even a game.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's just add that on the first full game, our offense was probably out there TOO long. Time of possession is great, but not when your old QB is scrambling in the backfield. The defense should have kept the offense off of the field...

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by b8rtm8nn
Let's just add that on the first full game, our offense was probably out there TOO long. Time of possession is great, but not when your old QB is scrambling in the backfield. The defense should have kept the offense off of the field...

Your joking right?

Better our defense be on the field than our offence:confused: :confused: :confused:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Blake had a Plummeresque performance.
Bottom line - Some of Jeff's outcomes were reminiscent of Plummer - like not protecting the ball well enough (i.e. dropped balls and the pick).

But on the plus side, Blake can make throws that Jake can't even dream of making and he is a cooler customer rolling out and finding open receivers.

And there were times when Jake would fail to see an open receiver altogether, whereas Blake would probably find the guy and, more often than not, hit him.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
And there were times when Jake would fail to see an open receiver altogether, whereas Blake would probably find the guy and, more often than not, hit him.

Yeah but Blake doesn't find open linebackers anywhere near as well as Jake does.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Mistakes aside, overall I was encouraged by Blake. The thing that drove me nuts though was seeing him leisurely stroll to the line while the play clock ticked 4-3-2-1-0. Urgggggg.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
I'll take Blake's miscues any day.

The fumble was a freak play. The int - not as pissed.

Out of 40 some passes, he threw 1 pick - not a bad day's work (although it did go back for 6).

Other QBs that we had would've struggled worse than this.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Floridacard
Yeah but Blake doesn't find open linebackers anywhere near as well as Jake does.

:thumbup:

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
The thing that stood out to me was Blake not fumbling but stumbling. Twice he tackled himself with no defensive player near him. Blake overall performance was good, but I sort of expect a QB to be able to walk straight.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Irony

Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
I guess I need to post it ONE more time.

Jeff Blake
Passer Rating: 96.3
Pass: 28/47/1/363 TD: 3 (7,12,71)
Rush: 3/12 TD: 0
Fumble: 1

Jake Plummer
Passer Rating: 21.7
Pass: 12/25/3/115 TD: 0
Rush: 3/7 TD: 0

No compairison :|
POST IT ALL YOU WANT CC.End result AZ 0-1 Denver 1-0.Ratings be damned i want card wins.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05