Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
People continue to think that Monti's work began in 2023 training camp. Bottoming out and dismantling the roster was a choice.

Look at the Minnesota Vikings for an alternative model to how to transition from one regime to another.
Just because most of Keim’s personnel decisions were bad doesn’t mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There has never been a more nitpicked / criticized / dividing player on the Cardinals.

The game thread was absolutely wild. That criticism crew will be silent for the entire thread until anything happens to confirm their bias.

You 46% will get your wish this year or next.
It's almost like when our QB is playing well or at least passably, things are okay, and when he plays like poo or makes a poo play, we criticize him. You know, like fans the league over with their QBs.

I will say he is the most polarizing player I can remember on the Cards.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I vote yes he really hasnt won big gms just been dicey in murray magic showin up....

I would get a qb in fa draft to put pressure on murray to do better he has good wrs...... and conor

Granted shiattyyy def not gettin stops is a killa to loll jeez

Stout

Reaction score
Giants
Dallas
Sea Hawks
Rams
Browns
Pittsburgh
Dolphins
Jets
Jags
Indy
49ers
Raiders
Denver
Pats
Tampa
Falcons
Panthers Would all trade for K1 if given the chance.
I could pick this apart to all hell, but I'll just leave it with Atlanta and Pittsburgh. They just signed a QB to a huge contract and drafted one in the 1st. You're out of your mind if you think they'd trade for Kyler too. Pittsburgh openly mocks Kyler every chance they get here. I don't think the Steelers would touch him.

This list is probably 2/3 too long.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the #5 all time passing leader and the most accurate QB in franchise history. He has more passing TDs than Kurt Warner and is #3 in total TDs

The glue sniff though

Off topic but it’s important to point out that Kurt retired around the time a lot of rule changes were occurring. Peak Kurt today would be putting up silly numbers.

In fact that’s true with a lot of great QB’s that played 15+ years ago. Tom Brady at 44 years old threw for 5300 yards and 43 TD’s. In 2015 Peyton Manning had the greatest statistical season of his career with no arm strength.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I could pick this apart to all hell, but I'll just leave it with Atlanta and Pittsburgh. They just signed a QB to a huge contract and drafted one in the 1st. You're out of your mind if you think they'd trade for Kyler too. Pittsburgh openly mocks Kyler every chance they get here. I don't think the Steelers would touch him.

This list is probably 2/3 too long.
As far as teams realistically considering Kyler based on their current circumstances/investments in money and draft capital? Absolutely agree w you Stout.

As far as have QBs they are satisfied with over a move to Kyler if the above weren’t true? Only Atlanta, Jets (maybe for 1-2 years) and Tampa could say they that. I think Dallas would trade Dak in a heartbeat to shake things up and have their hometown kid come play for them. Can’t imagine we would want Dak or that contract though. Seems Dak would be much more suited for AZ’s current offensive scheme though.

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler can't read a defense. He doesn't watch film. He can't go through his progressions. He is one read and run

I have seen all that
Yes, as has been said, that is football intelligence, not what we view as "everyman" intelligence. Personally, I am a genius yet, even had I the physical talent when I was younger--the body, legs and arms of KM--I would have sucked as an NFL QB because I process slightly slower than normal. It wouldn't mean I have low IQ, but it would mean I had low football IQ.

Stout

Reaction score
What if I told you Kyler has been successful here?
I'd ask you if it were April Fools. 1 playoff appearance, 0 clinching wins, 0 playoff wins. The opposite of success. Jake Plummer with a much worse team made the playoffs and won a game whereas Kyler backed in and shat the bed.

Stout

Reaction score
A thread about the defense would go like this:

The defense sucks

Yes

Agree

Yup

Yessir

Why would anyone post in a thread where everyone agrees? It’s only topics where there’s disagreement that garner the large number of posts. I don’t understand why some posters don’t understand this.
I would hop into that thread with a big sarcasm emoji and urge Rallis to rush 4 again because maybe this time it won't fail so spectacularly. I lost a lot of respect for Rallis in that game.

Stout

Reaction score
Then now’s the time to trade Kyler.. several QB needy teams would take him in a heartbeat. Miami really seems to be the perfect match. They are all about being a track meet on offense and Kyler would fit that perfectly.. kyler Tyreke waddle and achne/mostert. That would be the fastest offense that ever existed and must see tv
We can't, not realistically. And, crazy as it sounds, I don't think we should. Were going to suck next season two, so the hope for me is that we get a real GM in for 2026 and draft high to snag a QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What does an offense built around a TE even look like?

Trey McBride didn't get a target until there were 3 minutes left in the first half. Complete unacceptable, especially when your WR1 goes down on the third series.
I would love to see a play out of 12 personnel, MHJ and Wilson to the left, Tip on the line to the left and then McBride spread out wide as the only receiver on the right side. You can still run out of it, and it really would force the defense to make some choices. That is an example of things I have done/seen to highlight a TE in an offense when the TE was one of the top receiving options.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't, not realistically. And, crazy as it sounds, I don't think we should. Were going to suck next season two, so the hope for me is that we get a real GM in for 2026 and draft high to snag a QB.

I so dislike writing off seasons because, often, tomorrow never comes.

The Cardinals couldn't afford to whiff on a GM.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler is necessarily the problem, but I do not believe he is the solution. If we had a stout defense and more offensive weapons like a true number 1, would MHJ improve and take a lot of pressure off KM.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler is necessarily the problem, but I do not believe he is the solution. If we had a stout defense and more offensive weapons like a true number 1, would MHJ improve and take a lot of pressure off KM.
I’m pretty sure @Chopper0080 said something about Kyler’s misses are magnified and hurts way more than usual because we know nobody on the defense can flip the script. We have nobody in the front 4 anywhere close to that ability. That miss to Weaver would’ve hurt way less if we had a stout defense. The margin of error is thin.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22