Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tired. Lame. I started the Kyler Appreciation thread and also slammed the team all offseason for not fixing anything on the D.

There. It took one sentence to deconstruct your entire post and premise. I can praise Kyler as well as criticize him. Can you criticize him as well as you praise him? I am saying to your internet face that you cannot. I dare you to prove me wrong.
You’re correct the Kyler bashing is tired and lame. You deconstructed nothing your the same ole BS every time something isn’t perfect but refuse to look at the surroundings that are producing the average performances. He had zero turnovers, drops, and a sub par performance but it was hardly terrible and 100% not even in the realm of why we lost… here’s a hint giving up 42 effortlessly on D!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tired. Lame. I started the Kyler Appreciation thread and also slammed the team all offseason for not fixing anything on the D.

There. It took one sentence to deconstruct your entire post and premise. I can praise Kyler as well as criticize him. Can you criticize him as well as you praise him? I am saying to your internet face that you cannot. I dare you to prove me wrong.
It would be foolish to criticize Kyler Murray when he has a Kyler Murray tattoo and Kyler Murray sheets and wears a Kyler Murray jersey to work every day.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is from Spotrac and what the numbers would be depending on the scenario. A trade seems like the most advantageous situation in spreading the dead cap over two years.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on his cap hit, it is not. It will cost 18 Million more to cut / trade him next year than to pay him.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is from Spotrac and what the numbers would be depending on the scenario. A trade seems like the most advantageous situation in spreading the dead cap over two years.
What team would partner to make they trade. They certainly wouldn't see him as a number 1 option.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You’re correct the Kyler bashing is tired and lame. You deconstructed nothing your the same ole BS every time something isn’t perfect but refuse to look at the surroundings that are producing the average performances. He had zero turnovers, drops, and a sub par performance but it was hardly terrible and 100% not even in the realm of why we lost… here’s a hint giving up 42 effortlessly on D!
Why does he take bad sacks that kill drives rather than throwing the ball away?

See, I knew you wouldn't answer the real question. It goes against your diatribe. I can't wait until Kyler is no longer a Card and you find your new team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look. This offense was supposed to carry the load. We knew the defense was going to struggle.
If we were to have lost today 42-35 and Kyler threw an interception to end the game we might be upset but could point to the defense.

But, we scored on the opening drive as they score on their next 4 possessions. Our answer on offense? NADA.
We held the Lions to 20 points only for the offense to wet the bed.

And as far as his stats they were heavily padded by the score of the game. As they say, “Stats are for losers”.

Stout

Reaction score
Based on his cap hit, it is not. It will cost 18 Million more to cut / trade him next year than to pay him.
Right now, it's sounding like a bargain to me.

I look at it this way. We can try to stack the offense around him to support him in every possible way--again--and hope we become average and maybe sneak into the playoffs to lose in the first round--or start over and try to get a QB that can lead us to a championship eventually. Kyler is never doing that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say this, is there going to be any QB in this draft who would be rated higher than JJ McCarthy? He's going to miss the year with a knee but there's already people who think the Vikings will not keep Darnold because if he keeps this up he'll want too much money. I think if he keeps this up they'll try and trade McCarthy.

And I wouldn't trade anything higher than maybe a 3rd rounder for that guy I didn't like him in college, with the knee even more skeptical.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler just took another needless sack when you were typing this post. But nah, he's never at fault. Never, you say!

Bro I get it you have an agenda. Cool for you.
Meanwhile people that see K1 objectively would never have your view.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I look at it this way. We can try to stack the offense around him to support him in every possible way--again--and hope we become average and maybe sneak into the playoffs to lose in the first round--or start over and try to get a QB that can lead us to a championship eventually. Kyler is never doing that.
No quarterback is going to lead this pathetic franchise to a championship. We should move Kyler for his own sake, and because this fan base doesn't deserve him. We deserve to be 0-4 with Rosen or Lindley or somebody else

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

See, I knew you wouldn't answer the real question. It goes against your diatribe. I can't wait until Kyler is no longer a Card and you find your new team.
You can fu$@ right off! I’ve been a cardinal fan since they move here jerk! I believe by the way two of the sacks were from behind hardly time to throw it away as you say. I never said he had a great game For the record ******** no need to be a condescending prick! Bye!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

63 million cap hit basically ensures a last place team. Maybe that is what you want but it's a pretty big L on Ossenfort to just have 4 straight years of 4-6 wins.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
I've deleted the same or similar post a few times before posting it for fear of getting banned. Let's just say some folks will never accept a criticism of Kyler. Let's also say that some posters will follow Kyler's next team when he inevitably moves on, which he really needs to do. It's not going to happen for Kyler in Arizona.

According to you K1 has played terrible minus 1 game.
We know who you are.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can fu$@ right off! I’ve been a cardinal fan since they move here jerk! I believe by the way two of the sacks were from behind hardly time to throw it away as you say. I never said he had a great game For the record ******** no need to be a condescending prick! Bye!

Super unnecessary

Stout

Reaction score
Bro I get it you have an agenda. Cool for you.
Meanwhile people that see K1 objectively would never have your view.
Objectively. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I praised Kyler to the moon and back when he had a great game. No matter how much you want to manifest me being a blind Kyler hater into existence, it won't be so. OTOH, when's the last time you were even willing to entertain a criticism of Kyler let alone criticism him yourself.

I'll even post it again, in simple terms, so you can't weasel out of it.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Because the team is getting killed and he's trying to make something happen, trying to hold the ball as long as possible just in case lightning strikes and one of our receivers gains an inch of separation. You are acutely focused on something that has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for those saying we can’t trade or cut him because of the cap hit”. Okay.
But he doesn’t have to be the starter. So to say we can’t move on is not correct.

Could Minshew or Fields do any worse today? How? Lose 42-0?
Sam Darnold has been reborn. When the Viking signed him I laughed. Who’s laughing now. Maybe there are others.

No doubt Kyler will have his moments this year and most will swoon and be buffaloed into believing all is well. Not me.

Stout

Reaction score
63 million cap hit basically ensures a last place team. Maybe that is what you want but it's a pretty big L on Ossenfort to just have 4 straight years of 4-6 wins.
Ossenfort already has a big L on him right now, as far as I'm concerned. He sucked this offseason. He punted away any chance of us being good because he was too scared to do what needed to be done. Because, if he made the wrong decisions in FA, he would bear the blame. He took the easy road so he could say "We're just taking more time to build." So eff Monti, 100 percent.

That said, I'm pissed at everything Cards right now and so will pop off about anything. Right now it's the Kyler fans not Cards fans that are getting to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake