Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you have a quarterback with a rating of 105 and give up 41 points? I get the Murray haters but he'll be just fine. If the Cardinals get rid of him he'll get a chance to start again. However, after 40 years in Arizona I'm starting to think the Quarterback's just might not be the problem. But hey, the Cards can Always bring back Josh Rosen. Sure he's available lol.
It has nothing to do with points given up. He has a rating of 105 and the team only scored 14. That is the problem and whether you want it to or not, the QB gets the praise for wins and lion share of the blame for losses.

A lot went wrong today but Kyler, regardless of his rating, was not good at all. He makes nobody better and that is what elite QBs do

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Mahomes sacked 3 times today, he sucks!! Threw a pick too!! Wait he won the game with 17 points because he plays for a real team
It's not like this is Murry's first bad game. He has been consistently bad. He will occasionally have a good game, but he struggles to read defenses and find the open receivers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get it. I’m beginning to think we should use every draft pick on defense along with every dime in free agency. Take the Qb out of the main focus where Kyler can just be mediocre for us to win.
Well...they probably shouldn't be looking to draft any more CBs next year. Maybe an ILB mid to late. They will likely draft two front 5 guys. Maybe 3. S could be a need. Maybe an OT Maybe another WR.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Next year will be the last year unless he significantly improves.
Not sure what Year 7 is gonna show us that we can’t already see in Year 6. Kyler has enough weapons and a solid enough line to be able to score and run an efficient offense. When coaches adjust to Kyler, he can’t adjust back, and then thinks he can win simply on athletic ability.

I give it the rest of the year, and if Kyler continues to falter, he goes

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with points given up. He has a rating of 105 and the team only scored 14. That is the problem and whether you want it to or not, the QB gets the praise for wins and lion share of the blame for losses.

A lot went wrong today but Kyler, regardless of his rating, was not good at all. He makes nobody better and that is what elite QBs do
It has " NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS GIVEN UP ". WHAT ! ! !... In 50 years of watching football. I can't remember if I've ever seen a defense give up 42 points ( At the NFL level ) and win the game no matter who their Quarterback was. I'm sure there are a couple but, I can't remember them. And, I have watched many, many quarterbacks ( good, bad and in-between ) look bad when surrounded by very little talent.
Just as I have watched quite a few bad quarterbacks win championships with teams that have a lot of talent.

There is a reason the saying is, " Defense wins championships " and not " offense wins championships ".

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has " NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS GIVEN UP ". WHAT ! ! !... In 50 years of watching football. I can't remember if I've ever seen a defense give up 42 points ( At the NFL level ) and win the game no matter who their Quarterback was. I'm sure there are a couple but, I can't remember them.
I seem to remember we beat the Packers 51-46 in a playoff game no less.
This offense has failed. This offense was supposed to carry this team.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it. I’m beginning to think we should use every draft pick on defense along with every dime in free agency. Take the Qb out of the main focus where Kyler can just be mediocre for us to win.
You should do that anyways defense wins championships in most cases very few all offense team EVER win consistently…

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Offense was supposed to carry the team according to who though? Only some fans who wanted something to be optimistic about because we all knew the defense would be trash (but they have actually been even worse than anybody could have possibly imagined).

This offense is designed for ball control. Short passing and pounding the ball. There are NO deep threats on the team.

So when the defense gives up an easy touchdown on every freaking drive, it forces the offense to be somebody they're not, to try to keep up.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offense was supposed to carry the team according to who though? Only some fans who wanted something to be optimistic about because we all knew the defense would be trash (but they have actually been even worse than anybody could have possibly imagined).

This offense is designed for ball control. Short passing and pounding the ball. There are NO deep threats on the team.

So when the defense gives up an easy touchdown on every freaking drive, it forces the offense to be somebody they're not, to try to keep up.
Well the short passes ain’t working.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This offense is not just a Kyler problem that’s absurd! This offense has very few playmakers and still a questionable line, and even worse a moron from the Browns as an OC that seems like a terrible fit!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the short passes ain’t working.
That tends to happen when guys drop a lot of balls that hit hands. Not to mention the wrong calls and the wrong time lol play calling was ass after the first drive! Even the first TD was in a 4th down they just make it hard on themselves with stupid decisions…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This offense is not just a Kyler problem that’s absurd! This offense has very few playmakers and still a questionable line, and even worse a moron from the Browns as an OC that seems like a terrible fit!
Okay. But Kyler is a big part of the problem. If you can’t see he misses open receivers, throws late and refuses to throw to spots before the receiver gets there then I guess we don’t watch football the same way.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This decision isn't getting made until after next season. What I know is Kyler is not capable of being a top NFL QB. His record and play on the field reflects that. He is not consistent. He can't play with timing and rhythm. He can be good in situations and with enough talent around him, but that is who Vance Joseph is as a DC. Top 13- 24 QB? Absolutely. Top 12, only a few times a season at best. His record is who he is.
Always been a K1 supporter. But the lack of consistency is frustrating. If not this season, when? Still a lot of season left but this team seems to be going nowhere fast.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Probably not as often as losing 42-14 at home. Bottom line, This offense couldn’t keep pace.
Trust me. I get it, the offense gets all the credit, and all the blame. But most NFL offenses are going to lose if the defense gives up 42 points. All phases of the Cardinals looked horrible today. If some want to blame Murray. I get it but sadly to try and blame him is closing your eyes to just how bad the Cardinals looked today.
I have always loved, " The grass is greener on the other side " philosophy of NFL fans. I remember ( just 1 example ) watching Kyler Murray out play Baker Mayfield a couple of times. The Browns wanted Mayfield gone, so they got rid of him. Now that they realize that : the grass wasn't actually green ". It's to late.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trust me. I get it, the offense gets all the credit, and all the blame. But most NFL offenses are going to lose if the defense gives up 42 points. All phases of the Cardinals looked horrible today. If some want to blame Murray. I get it but sadly to try and blame him is closing your eyes to just how bad the Cardinals looked today.
I have always loved, " The grass is greener on the other side " philosophy of NFL fans. I remember ( just 1 example ) watching Kyler Murray out play Baker Mayfield a couple of times. The Browns wanted Mayfield gone, so they got rid of him. Now that they realize that : the grass wasn't actually green ". It's to late.
Yeah some of these guys would rather have Josh Rosen hahah selective memory to how bad the QBs have been in AZ. Besides the end of their career QBs who have we had worth a poo? And they act like Kyler has been surrounded by talent lol what talent? When he had some talent they were 10-2 with an absolute bafoon for a coach. Looks at his all star cast on offense now besides him his best player on O is a rookie WR, a hurt TE, an aging RB and what else? lol this team is not loaded in any aspect O, D, ST all weak and lacking talent but yeah it’s all the QB, just dumb…

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah some of these guys would rather have Josh Rosen hahah selective memory to how bad the QBs have been in AZ. Besides the end of their career QBs who have we had worth a poo? And they act like Kyler has been surrounded by talent lol what talent? When he had some talent they were 10-2 with an absolute bafoon for a coach. Looks at his all star cast on offense now besides him his best player on O is a rookie WR, a hurt TE, an aging RB and what else? lol this team is not loaded in any aspect O, D, ST all weak and lacking talent but yeah it’s all the QB, just dumb…
I agree completely. My thought is if they truly want this offense to succeed, they are going to have to get Michael Wilson way more involved. The Cardinals bright days were when they had Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. I remember people used to joke back then that all aging Kurt Warner had to do was throw the ball near them and they would catch it. With the talent level on this team. They are going to have to adopt the Bruce Arians philosophy of; " No risk it, No biscuit " or their not gonna get any better. Right now Michael Wilson seems to be a non-factor PERIOD ! ! !. Unless he becomes a factor to compliment MHJ. There is Absolutely No reason to pay a guy just to run down the field and not contribute. Right now it looks like he would be more useful on a track team than an NFL team smh.