Is Kurt Warner the best QB in Cardinal History?

Is Kurt Warner the best QB in Cardinal History?

• Total voters

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I give it to Warner because of his post season success, but Hart was the heart of this team for something like 17 or 18 years if I remember right. He was also great!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what....the group? :D
The thread title, silly..."Is Kurt Warner the best QB in Cardinal History?"...."Yes."

...I think I just re-earned my "Lady Joke Killer" title again...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has come up before and the answer is still the same. It is really a sad commentary when a QB with what amounts to 2 great seasons with the Cardinals is talked about as the greatest in their history.

Nothing against Warner just the Cards history.
So who is the greatest in your opinion?

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
He's the best I've seen but I've only been watching for twenty years or so.

Not the best but the most exciting? Jake Plummer. I loved watching that guy.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine Jim Hart in the offense
He would suck.. Have you seen him lately with time? He over thinks things..
I can't go back as far as Hart, and I really don't remember the Lomax days, so I have to go with yes.
I can only go back to when the Cards first got here.. Thats when Lomax was the QB.. For the half season he played here, he seemed to be the man.. But then the QB curse began.. A bunch of hired guns after.. Beurline, McMhaman, Eiseesan (whatever), Graham, Krieg.. Then we had the homegrown guy Rosenbaugh that seemed he would be bad ass but the line was crap and he didnt wanna get killed so he retired to go to the rodeo.. Plummer brought a lot of hope but proved to be a false prophet.. McCown.. LMFAO @ McCown.. He just flat out sucked.. Tupa was a damn punter playing QB.. And a bunch of scrubs to fill in the holes like Sacca and the guy that dated the Doritos chick.. And then we had the Jeff Blake, Shaun King, McCown, Warner experiment under Denny Green.. So based on just the years in AZ.. Warner is the freaking man.. ha ha..

If anyone has a Blake or King jersey they aint saying it or wearing them out of shame..:D

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
You have to give it to Kurt. One reason and one reason only, he is the only QB to take us to a Super Bowl. Kurt is the best Cardinals QB ever.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Super Bowl Appearances

Warner - 3
Lomasx - 0
Hart - 0
Johnson - 0

NFC Championships

Warner - 3
Lomax - 0
Hart - 0
Johnson - 0

Super Bowl MVP

Warner - 1
the rest - 0

League MVP

Warner - 2 (i think)
the rest - 0

200 TDs passing

You guessed it, Warner

And so on and so forth...

And yes, I know so much of that success was with the rams, but how can you not bring that sort of success into the conversation, and thus, into the equation.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Super Bowl Appearances

Warner - 3
Lomasx - 0
Hart - 0
Johnson - 0

NFC Championships

Warner - 3
Lomax - 0
Hart - 0
Johnson - 0

Super Bowl MVP

Warner - 1
the rest - 0

League MVP

Warner - 2 (i think)
the rest - 0

200 TDs passing

You guessed it, Warner

And so on and so forth...

So based on your reasoning Jim McMahon is the greatest Cardinal QB of all time.

top 5

1.Jim McMahon 1 Super Bowl title and 4 division titles
2.Kurt Warner 1 Super bowl title 3 division titles
3.Boomer Esiason 1 Super bowl Single game passing leader
4.Chris Chandler 1 Super bowl
5.Jake Plummer 1 playoff win

Never mind that Jim Hart played 18 seasons for the Cards, won 2 division titles, is the career passing leader, is the only Cardinal QB in 60 years to win 10 or more games in a season and was the only QB to take the team to the playoffs in the 50 year period between 1948 and 1998.

What Warner did last season was great but unless he does it for the Cards at least two more times and wins 11 games in a season Jimmy Ray is still the man.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I thought Lomax was better than Hart but how can one possibly argue with what Warner has accomplished for this team. Kurt Warner is our greatest QB

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So based on your reasoning Jim McMahon is the greatest Cardinal QB of all time.

top 5

1.Jim McMahon 1 Super Bowl title and 4 division titles
2.Kurt Warner 1 Super bowl title 3 division titles
3.Boomer Esiason 1 Super bowl Single game passing leader
4.Chris Chandler 1 Super bowl
5.Jake Plummer 1 playoff win

Never mind that Jim Hart played 18 seasons for the Cards, won 2 division titles, is the career passing leader, is the only Cardinal QB in 60 years to win 10 or more games in a season and was the only QB to take the team to the playoffs in the 50 year period between 1948 and 1998.

What Warner did last season was great but unless he does it for the Cards at least two more times and wins 11 games in a season Jimmy Ray is still the man.

Jimmy Raye is probable the most compelling reason I became a Cards fan. Dude could chuck it, and had football charisma. He held the title of greatest cards qb, IMO, until Warner came along and took us to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl. THEE FREAKIN' SUPER BOWL.

Put another way, the memory of last season superceded my memories of Hart to Gray and Metcalf in terms of making me smile as I lay me head down to sleep at night. He made the dream come true (as Cpt. Jack Sparrow would say) sabe?

I will say, however, that these days... the image of Beanie Wells blowing past the defense is the last thing i see in my mind's eye before i drift off to sleep.

Anyway, Warner is the man.

You don't really want to argue for the likes of McMahon, do you?

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jimmy Raye is probable the most compelling reason I became a Cards fan. Dude could chuck it, and had football charisma. He held the title of greatest cards qb, IMO, until Warner came along and took us to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl. THEE FREAKIN' SUPER BOWL.

Put another way, the memory of last season superceded my memories of Hart to Gray and Metcalf in terms of making me smile as I lay me head down to sleep at night. He made the dream come true (as Cpt. Jack Sparrow would say) sabe?

I will say, however, that these days... the image of Beanie Wells blowing past the defense is the last thing i see in my mind's eye before i drift off to sleep.

Anyway, Warner is the man.

You don't really want to argue for the likes of McMahon, do you?

No, but you are basing your entire take on Warner on one season and building it up by adding what he did as a St. Louis Ram :barf:.

Again it is terrific what Kurt did last year for the Cards in the playoffs but in 4.5 years with the Cards he has had only one winning season and only 9 wins in one season as his best at that.

Jimmy Ray is the Cardinals imo. 18 years as our guy!!! Probably responsible for at least half the fans on this board. I like me some Warner but Jimmy Ray is THE all time Cardinal QB.

Only another trip to the Super Bowl by Warner and another 20,000 yards passing as a Cardinal could overtake #17.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner is the First Cardinal QB to lead his team to a Superbowl. That puts him over the top IMO.

That passes a QB that actually won the franchise a Championship? :shrug:

Paul Christman. QB of the 1947 NFL Champions. :D

Last edited:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Warner got us to the Super Bowl he is the best so far. Until the next QB does that the spot is his. All in the past couldn't get there, unfair? Maybe but it is a results oriented thing for me and I'm not a stats kind of person.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I voted yes ,but that will change once Brian St.Pierre gets his chance :).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Warner got us to the Super Bowl he is the best so far. Until the next QB does that the spot is his. All in the past couldn't get there, unfair? Maybe but it is a results oriented thing for me and I'm not a stats kind of person.

OMG that makes Levi Brown the greatest Right Tackle in Cardinal history!

:D

southern card

Reaction score
I have had opportunity to see all three play and all were very special. Lomax would have been something had the hip not became an issue. It is a nice situation to be in when you have three high quality guys. As you mention so of the others diccussed please enjoy Kurt while we can because as we can attest it can be much worse. all said I will take Kurt in a narrow decision.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Kurt Warner is the best QB the Cardinals have had on their rosters, but Hart still leads him by 20,000 passing yards in the Cardinals record book. I think in the end people will say Kurt, but at this point it's fair to make that distinction.

Kurt is the only QB to lead the Cards to the Super Bowl, and hopefully he'll be the first to win it with them. But the Giants have had four different quarterbacks lead them to the Super Bowl, and three of them won it, so that can't be the only measure.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Hart was a Good QB with a great Oline. One of the finest in NFL history for a stretch in the 70's. The Cardiac Cards under Hart were the best O in football IMO. Loved Lomax and he would have been great if not for the injury. Only saw Johnson play a couple times. All the others lump them together as FAIL outside of one Jake the Snake who could have been great here but he did not give a rats ass( my namesake) . Kurt Warner as a Cardinal QB a NFL QB and as a human being is a HOF by any criteria. We have not witnessed a finer example of what it takes to be a hero to so many old and young than the Kurt Warner Story. He is with out measure the finest Qb in our history and the finest for the Rams as well IMO. His story is still adding chapters. I have said it before and I will say it again....We should count ourselves privileged to be able to have watched him QB our team. We will not see the like again....He truly has been the greatest thing for this franchise when comes to leadership and the Qb position. Hope he can play a few more seasons for us and retire a Cardinal.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Only 4 quarterbacks have thrown for over 40 touchdowns in one season.Warner is one of those.Brady,Mannimg,Warner and I can't think of the other.Maybe its Brees or Rivers.

Dude, how did you forget Dan Marino, the only guy to get 40 twice? You mentioned him earlier in the post! ;)

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Kurt

I have been watching the Cardinal since 1946 and he is clearly the best I have seen. I do not think any of our former QB's are in the Hall of Fame unless Charlie Trippi who could play QB is considered a QB. Lomax, Hart, Johnson were very good but not Hall of Fame good.