Toro

Registered
Reaction score
With...

Shipp out.
Boldin out.
B. Johnson and Fitz out most of camp.
the right side of the line terrible.

After the 1st Q of the Pats game, his brain must of been going 100 MPH. I am hoping that Green puts him in situations that slows the game down in his head. Once the game slows down in his head, I think he can be a good NFL starter.

OP
OP
T

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
By the way, how many times have the Pats defense made P. Manning look really bad. Alot!!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing for Josh though is at least he has Green to fall back on. If he'd been starting this time last year his fallback would have been an OC with 2 games experience on the job.

Hopefully Green will fix the problems before Josh starts to go South the way Blake did last year under similar circumstances.

And hopefully it'll start Sunday in Atlanta.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Its funny how hindsight seems so perfectly obvious—

It is clear that with a young qb, with a two young wr’s running a brand new system, it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much to expect them to have success against a Belichek defense with an extra three days to prepare.

I am by no means giving up on him, and believe that the more the offense plays together, it will improve from week to week. What I want to see in over the next several weeks is the growth we saw in Josh from preseason game 1 to game 4 –

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
Josh will be running this offense like it's 2nd nature by week 8 look at what green did during his stint in minnesota he had countless starting quarterbacks who performed for him. mccown will be fine. just dont expect a win sunday :D

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Toro said:
With...

Shipp out.
Boldin out.
B. Johnson and Fitz out most of camp.
the right side of the line terrible.

After the 1st Q of the Pats game, his brain must of been going 100 MPH. I am hoping that Green puts him in situations that slows the game down in his head. Once the game slows down in his head, I think he can be a good NFL starter.

This would require a successful running game and that we cannot do.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:
Josh will be running this offense like it's 2nd nature by week 8 look at what green did during his stint in minnesota he had countless starting quarterbacks who performed for him. mccown will be fine. just dont expect a win sunday :D

It seems most think McCown will turn into a good NFL QB. Why? What has he done or shown to support this? We can blane the line, the receivers, or whoever but the fact is that so far he has done nothing to indicate he will be a good QB in the future. Some QB's you could almost see from day one that they really had some potential (Vick, Marino). With McCown I have not seen anything that projects him to be a starting NFL QB. Only hope!

Urubu Rei

Registered
Reaction score
I won't be blaming Josh for the team's offensive struggles. But I sure would like to see some more signs of development, going more often for the big plays, and improving his awareness.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
john h said:
It seems most think McCown will turn into a good NFL QB. Why? What has he done or shown to support this? We can blane the line, the receivers, or whoever but the fact is that so far he has done nothing to indicate he will be a good QB in the future. Some QB's you could almost see from day one that they really had some potential (Vick, Marino). With McCown I have not seen anything that projects him to be a starting NFL QB. Only hope!

From a measurables standpoint, this is little to not like about Josh. He is very mobile, has a very good arm and he is good sized height and weight wise. From these points, success would seem to be very possible. problam has always been, he is a project and it is the unmeasurables that will dictate his success or failure here or in the NFL in general.

Can he absorb and run and offense?
Can he make the proper reads from the time the team breaks huddle until the ball leaves his hands?
Does he have the built in feel for backside rush?

These types of things are still debateable topics. If he can effectively handle the intangibles, he will find success at this level.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I still believe in Josh despite the mistakes he continues to make. It is hard to get a feel for where the fault lies with so many aspects of the offense seemingly gone awry.

I hope (at least) we don't see an article that says he has decided to stop throwing INTs like we did with Blake last year. LOL

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCown is in any situation he wants to be in.

Other QB's have been in tougher situations and have made their own way. Let's see what Josh has in him and whether he can prevail.

If he doesn't, some slack should probably be given to him due to his injured compadres. But we should not be using that as as an excuse. That's the kind of thinking that will net us another 20 years of under .500 football. Sooner or later, certain guys will simply have to step up if we're to alter the Karma for once and for all. And Josh - as our starting QB - should be first guy we should look to.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
From a measurables standpoint, this is little to not like about Josh. He is very mobile, has a very good arm and he is good sized height and weight wise. From these points, success would seem to be very possible. problam has always been, he is a project and it is the unmeasurables that will dictate his success or failure here or in the NFL in general.

Can he make the proper reads from the time the team breaks huddle until the ball leaves his hands?

These types of things are still debateable topics. If he can effectively handle the intangibles, he will find success at this level.

These are all good points that I agree with AZB. They are also the ones I do not see at this point or have the feeling he is lacking. Time will tell meantime the clock is ticking.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
McCown is in any situation he wants to be in.

Other QB's have been in tougher situations and have made their own way. Let's see what Josh has in him and whether he can prevail.

If he doesn't, some slack should probably be given to him due to his injured compadres. But we should not be using that as as an excuse. That's the kind of thinking that will net us another 20 years of under .500 football. Sooner or later, certain guys will simply have to step up if we're to alter the Karma for once and for all. And Josh - as our starting QB - should be first guy we should look to.

Excellent points as usual Jeff.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

True, He needs to show good decision making skills and NOT FORCE THINGS - EARLY ON.

There have been some articles on his sharp wit and intelligence. Hopefully it can be ascribed to Greens system and his ability to come on quickly.

Right now he isn't noticably improved, but he hasn't gotten any time either.

I think he needs to use outlets more IE - Smith and Jones. To avoid sacks more. He's waiting too long for things to develop that are not there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05