Is The NFL Setting Us Up?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know, I am probably just being paranoid, but Whis' first game as coach is on MNF (where we basically lost our season last year and cemented our position as the laughing stock of the league) on the road in SF on Bill Walsh night when the 49ers will be pumped up out of this world. I know we have to be ready and willing for anyone at any time (and I think we are truthfully), but this just seems like they are really trying to set us up for failure.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
No.

Unless the NFL killed Bill Walsh as the final phase of its Master Plan.

It probably has more to do that the Monday Night Meltdown was one of the highest rated and best games from last season, even the way it went.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.

It probably has more to do that the Monday Night Meltdown was one of the highest rated and best games from last season, even the way it went.

And also the fact that one of the highest rated games in history was the game in Mexico City between these very same two teams.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
they are going to show endless clips of last seasons MNF collapse and we are all going to have that terrible feeling in our stomach all game. Its going to be annoying taht its on MNF... Oh well though, its in HD!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is the payback for getting them on opening day in our new house.

We will be ok though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know, I am probably just being paranoid, but Whis' first game as coach is on MNF (where we basically lost our season last year and cemented our position as the laughing stock of the league) on the road in SF on Bill Walsh night when the 49ers will be pumped up out of this world. I know we have to be ready and willing for anyone at any time (and I think we are truthfully), but this just seems like they are really trying to set us up for failure.

Understanding that we will open every other year on the road, and that we opened at home last year, who in the heck would you rather be playing on opening night?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Understanding that we will open every other year on the road, and that we opened at home last year, who in the heck would you rather be playing on opening night?

Well, we should open at home every year for the next 15 years to make up for the 15 years we had to start with a road game or two or three.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
they are going to show endless clips of last seasons MNF collapse and we are all going to have that terrible feeling in our stomach all game. Its going to be annoying taht its on MNF... Oh well though, its in HD!!

Jeez, I didn't even think of that. This will be annoying. I'll have to skip watching with my Niner fan friends and watch alone at home.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
No.

I'm sure that Devon has a link to an article that links the Bush family and the Freemasons to the NFL for this devious plot to put down the Cardinals and their fans. :D

Last edited:

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Now was that rumor true about wanting a sure W with opening up against us last year? And whats up with the Cards never opening up at home? Curious....

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No.

yeah. that's what i'm saying. no one had that planned. It's kind of sad that walsh is gone. he was a legend. he deserves every tribute that he will get. because of that i hope the 49ers go out and put on a show for their fans. and i'm a cowboys fan so that is pure respect that i have for bill walsh. despite having to come to grips that the 49ers may have costed my team 2 SB trophies. You gotta love watching ESPN classic and hearing bill walsh basically script "the catch" word for word to joe on the sideline. unless you are a cowpoke. i hope the cards play well too. definitley not a setup game IMO. I will be watching at work.

young tone

Reaction score
yes R.I.P. Coach Walsh, not only the 49er family but sports fans in general lost a great man, very emotional at the Walsh tribute last month adn it is going to be VERY emotional this coming Monday night

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bill Walsh Tribute

It will probably be very emotional for the fans, but I doubt that it will be for the 49er players, as I don't think that many of them had a close connection to the man. Am I off base?

young tone

Reaction score
It will probably be very emotional for the fans, but I doubt that it will be for the 49er players, as I don't think that many of them had a close connection to the man. Am I off base?

Well he stayed very close to the organization and talked to few people currently with the team....With the additions of wearing our old school uni's, would the players of today be emotional about it? I heard players took off training camp and watched the Walsh memorial on tv so who knows. I know I might shed a tear when the tribute happend like I did at the memorial last month.......

slanidrac16: you're right, I wish he was still coaching us (I love Nolan but no comparison) .....

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well he stayed very close to the organization and talked to few people currently with the team....With the additions of wearing our old school uni's, would the players of today be emotional about it? I heard players took off training camp and watched the Walsh memorial on tv so who knows. I know I might shed a tear when the tribute happend like I did at the memorial last month.......

slanidrac16: you're right, I wish he was still coaching us (I love Nolan but no comparison) .....
uhm hello? what about that cardinals player that just got into the hall. he was from st. louis. no reason for arizona fans to have any connection there i guess(sarcasm). seriously though. bill walsh to the 49ers is like hallas to the bears.......lombardy to the packers......landry to the cowboys. and bill walsh just passed. those legends will always affect a franchise, their fans, and their players. hello? I meant to respond to garthshort sorry young tone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I rank the Bill Walsh thing as a big motivator first and foremost. But are you trying to say that the 49ers are the worst team in the league or something? I would rather play a lot of other teams.

Rams
Browns
Panthers
Bucs
Vikings
GB
Detroit
Redskins

just to name a few

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That is an easy answer

M I C H I G A N

Mrs. Lobo is out of town at a wedding I am not attending so I can OD on college football, baseball and catching up on my reading.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sure that Devon has a link to an article that links the Bush family and the Freemasons to the NFL for this devious plot to put down the Cardinals and their fans. :D

Best thing I can do is this, is a quote from this link.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...Detroit+Lions+Jesuit&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us

The owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers (in 2000) is a Knight of Malta. The owner of the Detroit Lions (in 2000) is a Knight of Malta. All your top owners of these ball clubs, for the most part, are Knights of Malta, getting the people whooped up in this hoopla over games and sports, while they're busy creating a tyranny.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best thing I can do is this, is a quote from this link.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...Detroit+Lions+Jesuit&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us

The owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers (in 2000) is a Knight of Malta. The owner of the Detroit Lions (in 2000) is a Knight of Malta. All your top owners of these ball clubs, for the most part, are Knights of Malta, getting the people whooped up in this hoopla over games and sports, while they're busy creating a tyranny.

http://www.malta.com/

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

This is what I found on them

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4219410387467725964

Their millennium-old legacy ... all » includes some of history's most mysterious characters and relics, from the Holy Grail to King Solomon's riches, Freemasons, and the Barbary Pirates. From humble monks to fearsome warriors, the Knights of Malta became Europe's valiant and admired heroes. Relive their fascinating drama in this documentary, filled with re-enactments and interviews filmed in a dozen countries.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I rank the Bill Walsh thing as a big motivator first and foremost. But are you trying to say that the 49ers are the worst team in the league or something? I would rather play a lot of other teams.

Rams
Browns
Panthers
Bucs
Vikings
GB
Detroit
Redskins

just to name a few
I would of settled for the other bay area team. or the browns definitely.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I found on them

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4219410387467725964

Their millennium-old legacy ... all » includes some of history's most mysterious characters and relics, from the Holy Grail to King Solomon's riches, Freemasons, and the Barbary Pirates. From humble monks to fearsome warriors, the Knights of Malta became Europe's valiant and admired heroes. Relive their fascinating drama in this documentary, filled with re-enactments and interviews filmed in a dozen countries.

Just jerking yer chain Devon.:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Now was that rumor true about wanting a sure W with opening up against us last year? And whats up with the Cards never opening up at home? Curious....

Last year was the only time since moving to Arizona that the Cardinals have been scheduled to open their season with a home game. The reason we were given was that it was too hot to play day games at Sun Devil Stadium in early September. In 1989,90 and '91 the Cards opened with three straight road games.

In 2001 the Cards were scheduled with a first week bye and then were to play at Washington but the game was moved because of the 9/11 attack and so the Cards first game of the season came in week 3 at home against Denver.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05