It's not over!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns get the win and come home for game 5. The Red Sox did it last year, why not the Suns this year?

Amare with the play of the game with that block on Duncan. He is the man!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Suns get the win and come home for game 5. The Red Sox did it last year, why not the Suns this year?

Amare with the play of the game with that block on Duncan. He is the man!

Yeah, that play was almost supernatural. I can't say I've ever seen a block like that, at that time in the game, against a great player like Tim Duncan.

That was my second favorite play. My first was him knocking Ginobli on his ass. About three games overdue IMO.

Prediction: we'll rout the Spurs Wednesday, they will be flat, I guarantee it.

sunsfn

Reaction score
They played great at the end and were physical........Amare had a great end of the game run. The block on Duncan was really unbelievable, and then he went and got the ball!!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It is hard to eliminate a good team.

I loved when Ginobli got planted on the floor and then Q kicked him in the head.

:rockon:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
It is hard to eliminate a good team.

I loved when Ginobli got planted on the floor and then Q kicked him in the head.

:rockon:

Damn Ginobli.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Al Michaels said something about Ginoboli winning an oscar for that flop!!

Or, something like that........great call by him!!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

WHY NOT US!

I BELIEVE!

BACKDOOR SWEEP!

Go SUNS!!!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, that play was almost supernatural. I can't say I've ever seen a block like that, at that time in the game, against a great player like Tim Duncan.

That was my second favorite play. My first was him knocking Ginobli on his ass. About three games overdue IMO.

Prediction: we'll rout the Spurs Wednesday, they will be flat, I guarantee it.

That block was unbelievable. :notworthy

I am hoping that that play can be the momentum changer for the rest of this series.

mribnik

Reaction score
It seems like nobody (meaning the announcers) said anything about that amazing pass Nash made to Amare when he was falling back on the baseline. That was amazing as well.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
Regarding the Amare "body slam" of Ginobili, it reminds me of the play in the Memphis series when Amare cartwheeled Cardinal, and Cardinal was never the same again. Let's hope the same holds (though I doubt it). Anyway, the end of that game says good things about our future--Amare is mentally tough and seems to know what big plays are all about.....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I take back everything bad I ever said about Joe Johnson. Maybe the problem all along hasn't been too much pressure, but too little. That one-on-one fadeaway he drained over Bowen was phenomenal; it reminded me of McGrady.

But Marion, hmm. What the heck was going on with him during that stretch in the fourth quarter? It was like he made up his mind to try to win the game single-handedly, and the results were awful.

That Stoudemire block belongs on some all-time highlight reels.

Here's my hope coming away from this game: That the Spurs' constant whining, cheap grabbing, and grade-school flopping has completely gotten on the Suns' nerves. I think the Suns need to hate this Spurs team. Every time the Spurs try something bogus, it should make the Suns more angry and focused.

That would be cool.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's not rip Marion. Too many people have. The guy had like 14 rebounds today. Like Al Michaels said, he is taking 9 shots less than his average from last series. Maybe Bowen's has something to do with that?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Great win and an important win. We had to get out of the mentality that we could not beat the spurs with duncan and ginobli in the lineup.

Now we take game 5 and suddenly things get very interesting. Not only does the series get interesting but this team gets to continue to grow together. If we win game 5 (and I think we will) there is a great chance that 2 things start to occur for the Spurs:

1) Doubts start to come into players minds. They would hae an opportunity to close us out a couple of times and were unable to do so. Taking that mental disadvantage we had for the first few games into an advantage.

2) Blame starts going around. Finger pointing will occur on the Spurs side if they are unable to finish off next game.

Even if we lose this series this win was huge. They needed to get into the mentality that we are able to beat the Spurs.

Oh and as it comes to Flopinobli, I'm glad Amare hit him in his friggin skull. I know its kinda dirty basketball but if all you do is flop you deserve it. He's just asking for it

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
Ginobili might be a flopper, but he's no fool. That guy is a complete player--smart and savvy. I wish we had him.

I may be a fool myself, though, because I sense a momentum shift, which may not take full effect in this series, but might play itself out over the next year or two in the Suns' match ups with the Spurs. The Suns learned something about themselves tonight. Amare sent a message to the basketball world. He wants it, bad.

Reaction score
JJ needs to get back to trash talking like he and Marion did with Camby last year. I think he could get into Parker's head if he tried.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Let's not rip Marion. Too many people have. The guy had like 14 rebounds today. Like Al Michaels said, he is taking 9 shots less than his average from last series. Maybe Bowen's has something to do with that?

he had a nice run in the 3rd quarter, but he went haywire in the fourth. i too thought he was trying to take over the game, and he's not capable of that.

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
he had a nice run in the 3rd quarter, but he went haywire in the fourth. i too thought he was trying to take over the game, and he's not capable of that.
I was thinking that he got excited and starting forcing stuff with Bowen finally of of him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
i too thought he was trying to take over the game, and he's not capable of that.

DB!!

I've decided it must mean Dat BeRight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Great win and an important win. We had to get out of the mentality that we could not beat the spurs with duncan and ginobli in the lineup.

Now we take game 5 and suddenly things get very interesting. Not only does the series get interesting but this team gets to continue to grow together. If we win game 5 (and I think we will) there is a great chance that 2 things start to occur for the Spurs:

1) Doubts start to come into players minds. They would hae an opportunity to close us out a couple of times and were unable to do so. Taking that mental disadvantage we had for the first few games into an advantage.

2) Blame starts going around. Finger pointing will occur on the Spurs side if they are unable to finish off next game.

Even if we lose this series this win was huge. They needed to get into the mentality that we are able to beat the Spurs.

Oh and as it comes to Flopinobli, I'm glad Amare hit him in his friggin skull. I know its kinda dirty basketball but if all you do is flop you deserve it. He's just asking for it

agree that it was a tremendous win in terms of our psyche verses the spurs. and on their floor makes it all the more important. let's our boys realize that the spurs are anything but invincible. that said, i don't think we have any advantage yet. gimme two more w's and maybe. this spurs team is too battle tested to get rattled. and secondly, they won't start pointing fingers. that's not their m.o. they take their direction from duncan and that's not his style. not standing up for the spurs, just typing what's right. now your enemy.

and damn straight glad to see ginobili go down hard. i hate his antics, but i respect his savvy. can't let him get away with stuff w/o repurcussions.

db

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
i too thought he was trying to take over the game, and he's not capable of that.

DB!!

I've decided it must mean Dat BeRight.

and the mystery of db is saved for another 2 days . . .

actually, i'm almost of the mind that we don't tell y'all what it is and allow it become what each of you needs it to be individually . . .

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
America West will be rockin' on Wednesday. I hope the Suns can get a big lead early. I'm waiting for a game where they make like 15 three's.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
this spurs team is too battle tested to get rattled.
db

Ouchie, the Spurs will be FLAT Wednesday. There's no way they were expecting to come bac to Phoenix. And there's no way, no matter what Popovich says, they will feel like it's a must win. It's human nature, I'm telling ya, they will lay an egg. I was right about the Suns playing a dud on JJ's return, I'll be right on this one too.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
agree that it was a tremendous win in terms of our psyche verses the spurs. and on their floor makes it all the more important. let's our boys realize that the spurs are anything but invincible. that said, i don't think we have any advantage yet. gimme two more w's and maybe. this spurs team is too battle tested to get rattled. and secondly, they won't start pointing fingers. that's not their m.o. they take their direction from duncan and that's not his style. not standing up for the spurs, just typing what's right. now your enemy.

I didn't say that they were going to happen but I'm saying that if we win again, there is a good chance at least one of those things starts to occur. The mental aspects can change rather quickly when a team is unable to finish off another.

I agree that more than likely that the Spurs don't go to fingerpointing because they don't have those kind of egos on their team but stranger things have happened.

Like I've said about all sports its easy to do well when everything is going right for their team. Its when things start to go wrong that you can really judge them. Last year when things went wrong for the Spurs, they folded. Could we see a repeat this year? I kinda doubt it but you never know

and damn straight glad to see ginobili go down hard. i hate his antics, but i respect his savvy. can't let him get away with stuff w/o repurcussions.

db

I think Ginobli is a helluva player but this nonstop flopping crap has got to stop. You breathe on the guy and he'll act like he's going to have a seizure.

If he wants to play that way give him something to flop about. Knock his ass to the floor hard when given the opportunity

Last edited: