It's not over!!!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
It is hard to eliminate a good team.

I loved when Ginobli got planted on the floor and then Q kicked him in the head. /QUOTE]

Actually it was his butt he kicked. But nonetheless, :stupid:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Great points! I have been saying all along, foul Parker and Flopping guy hard when they try to drive to the bucket and foul early in the game so they get the message. Ginobili likes to flop, let's put him on his ass few times for real.

During the Sonics series they sure did put him on his ass more than a few times. That's why he commented that he was 'banged up' and was looking forward to a few more days of rest. But that didn't stop him! I'm thinking he's a masochist.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
frdtbr... What your asking is impossible. There are only 3 refs and 10 players. So they are not enough players to watch everyone. Did you see Hunter pulling one of the Spurs jerseys down as he was going up for a rebound. Hunter had his body between the refs eyes and the players jersey he was pulling. Thats smart ball it you get away with it. Ive done tthat many times knowing the ref is outta position. One has to do whatever he can to gain an advantage.

Flopping is part of the game sometimes the refs call it sometims they dont. There were two times when I wished the Spurs didnt flop.. Oncee when Amare was going to the basket and Parker was there to meet him. But he flopped and the ref ddidnt buy it. He should have stood his ground and let Amare go over him.. Another when Amare had Nazr in the paint Amare lowered his shoulder and Nazr flopped. And im wondering why would he do this if there was noone else to stop Amare. AS a result an Amare dunk..

There are times when one needs to flop and when he shouldnt. I dont think one should flop if you are the lined of defense. But im just a fan..

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
SASpursfan said:
frdtbr... What your asking is impossible. There are only 3 refs and 10 players. So they are not enough players to watch everyone. Did you see Hunter pulling one of the Spurs jerseys down as he was going up for a rebound. Hunter had his body between the refs eyes and the players jersey he was pulling. Thats smart ball it you get away with it. Ive done tthat many times knowing the ref is outta position. One has to do whatever he can to gain an advantage.

Flopping is part of the game sometimes the refs call it sometims they dont. There were two times when I wished the Spurs didnt flop.. Oncee when Amare was going to the basket and Parker was there to meet him. But he flopped and the ref ddidnt buy it. He should have stood his ground and let Amare go over him.. Another when Amare had Nazr in the paint Amare lowered his shoulder and Nazr flopped. And im wondering why would he do this if there was noone else to stop Amare. AS a result an Amare dunk..

There are times when one needs to flop and when he shouldnt. I dont think one should flop if you are the lined of defense. But im just a fan..

See to me, there's exaggerating contact, like most charging cases, and then there's flopping, which is just falling down for no legit reason. The Spurs have tended to do the latter.

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
SASpursfan said:

Taking a charge is one thing, flopping is another. If you legitimately take a charge then you have moved your feet quickly set them and get run over by the offensive player. When a person flops every time anyone looks at him cross eyed and the refs award this bad defense with an offensive foul taken, it is bs. There are always things that can be done when the refs are out of position but most offensive fouls are called where the ref that is directly under the basket has perfect view of what is happening and they make a judgement call. Normally the judgement is in favor of the bigger named player/team. A few years ago when the Lakers won thier first championship in the Shaq era, they wouldn't have made it out of the western conference finals if the refs hadn't blatently taken points off of the board from portland by bailing out the Lakers bad defense and giving the Lakers 3 point plays by not calling it both ways. The three games won by the spurs are legit, the suns didn't play to the Spurs intensity but the answer to the entire argument for how to fix the stupid flops in the NBA is to legitimately call it if it is a charge and when it is a flop or bad defense to allow the basket(non call) or call a block on the defender. It would put a stop to the flopping so fast that Vlade Divac would have to go back to Europe.