It's Time

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny just how terrible this o-line is yet we are the highest scoring team in the NFC.
Do you think just maybe we're being a bit over critical?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is incredibly inconsistent. He'll make a good play, then whiff on his guy twice in a row, and throw a false start into the mix. Then he'll level someone.

His bad outweighs the good, however. It's like he thinks 4 or 5 good/decent plays a game will cut it, and he lays back the rest of the game. Very little sustained aggression. Very little sustained focus.

basically, he's EXACTLY what every scouting report said of him.

ugh. Levi Brown instead of AP. This offense could be the greatest of all time if not for that pick. Literally, the greatest of all time AND young. sigh.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

ugh. Levi Brown instead of AP. This offense could be the greatest of all time if not for that pick. Literally, the greatest of all time AND young. sigh.

Completely.... Entirely... Wholeheartedly... Couldn't..... AGREE, more....!!

;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I put too much trust in Grimm on that one. He was talking up Levi. Bad bad indeed. Only in the truly bad way. :(

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Sad but true. I'm hopeful that Ron Wolfley isn't just blowing smoke when he talks about Brandon Keith's potential. One thing we do know: If Keith is a better option next year than Levi, he'll be playing. :)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Funny just how terrible this o-line is yet we are the highest scoring team in the NFC.
Do you think just maybe we're being a bit over critical?

A lot of the credit goes to outstanding wide receivers who rarely drop passes, and to Kurt's willingness to hang in until the last moment, his quick release, field vision, and deadly accuracy.

And the left side of the O-line with Mike Gandy and Reggie Wells has been very, very good in pass protection IMO. Wells has always been a decent pass blocker, but Gandy has exceeded my expectation the last year and a half.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of this drivel about Sendlein reminds me of the irrational Reggie Wells hatred. This coaching staff loves Sendlein and the job he's doing. He will start here for a long time here, barring injury.

Johnson was dumped because Sendlein has become so good so fast.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Most of this drivel about Sendlein reminds me of the irrational Reggie Wells hatred. This coaching staff loves Sendlein and the job he's doing. He will start here for a long time here, barring injury.

Johnson was dumped because Sendlein has become so good so fast.

Drivel must be an old Apache word for truth.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Being the UT homer that I am I hate to agree with this but its true. Sendlein is very good at being the #2 guy in a double team and at getting to the second level to block LBs but he doesn't have the size to handle the larger dlinemen.

i'll sign on to this. while lyle has been a pleasant surprise, he's not the center to make us a dominant offensive line. but neither do i think wells has a place on a dominant offensive line. and by dominant offensive line i mean one that is adequate to good at pass pro and dominating in the run game, basically ruling the line of scrimmage. our guys may be pretty good in pass pro, but they can't blow a bee off a dandelion in run blocking. one of these guys on a line is fine, two means you'll struggle a bit. add in an underacheiving lutui and a terrible brown and i think your line is average at best, and that's what i think it is . . . average (which is amazingly an upgrade from previous decades in AZ).

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
do you take all the times Warner got knocked on his ass as well? The guy was awful today, like he's been most of his career.

I texted this to Ouchie earlier that it's pretty weird times when a Cardinals fan isn't happy enough to have the highest scoring O in the league, but my god, if they had actually drafted AP and just gotten any run of the mill T (which at this point is at least as good as Levi), this offense wouldn't just be as good as they are now, they could possibly be the best offense of all time, just as good as the Greatest Show on Turf. I mean, an actual running threat to go along with this passing attack? I don't care how mediocre our D is on the road, the offense would be beyond unstoppable. sigh.

What he said!!! As a matter of fact I have said essentially the same thing at least once if not more before this. Sad but true. We should have taken AP in the 1st and could have either traded up to get an OT or taken the best available OT at our spot in the second and been way ahead. Ahhh that 20/20 hindsight.