Jalen Hurts now highest paid player in NFL history

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The money these players are making is insane & it just keeps going up. Him not being the best QB in the NFL yet being the highest paid ever just shows how completely out of control these salaries have gotten.
The valuation of the teams themselves are going up 100M a year and at least half of that needs to be spent on player salaries. It's no wonder.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had a nice year with a ridiculous roster around him. Throw Mahomes or Burrow on that team and they probably throw for over 40 TDs (Mahomes probably throws for 50, he did have 41). The situation really matters.
Mahomes had an identical roster in 2019 and put up identical numbers, so that is proven false.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mahomes had an identical roster in 2019 and put up identical numbers, so that is proven false.
Mahomes has averaged 38.4 TDs per season over his career. You're not making a good point picking the one outlier year where the entire Chiefs offense was in a funk.

If you think Hurts and Mahomes are even on the same planet, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't put Hurts in the top five QBs and I'd struggle to honestly place him in the top 10 if all the contenders were healthy and playing for relatively talented teams.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes has averaged 38.4 TDs per season over his career. You're not making a good point picking the one outlier year where the entire Chiefs offense was in a funk.

If you think Hurts and Mahomes are even on the same planet, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't put Hurts in the top five QBs and I'd struggle to honestly place him in the top 10 if all the contenders were healthy and playing for relatively talented teams.
But I'm not. I'm comparing both players at 24 in their second season as a starter that both went to a super bowl and both had stacked rosters.

If you have a better comparison, I'm all ears. But some of your are acting like Hurts is Daniel Jones and he's not. He's a top 5 QB in the league right now.

This is my top 5 right now.
Mahomes/Allen
Burrows
Herbert/Hurts

I will also throw in there thst A-Ron can still be top 5 is he wants to be.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Didn't Quebec and Brit just tell us the Eagles were in dire cap trouble in another thread? How in the world did they just make Hurst the richest guy in the NFL with all those cap restraints working against them??????

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But I'm not. I'm comparing both players at 24 in their second season as a starter that both went to a super bowl and both had stacked rosters.

If you have a better comparison, I'm all ears. But some of your are acting like Hurts is Daniel Jones and he's not. He's a top 5 QB in the league right now.

This is my top 5 right now.
Mahomes/Allen
Burrows
Herbert/Hurts

I will also throw in there thst A-Ron can still be top 5 is he wants to be.
Naw don't see it. Burrows has never had the supporting cast. His offensive line is straight trash. Neither have the others, other than Mahomes.

I think its way premature to put him in the top 5.