Jazz At Suns Game Thread

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Geez. The Jazz miss a free throw and the Suns give up a freaking offensive rebound. :rolleyes:

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Tough loss. It was just a matter of Utah suddenly hitting every three (starting with that lucky rim-bouncing three by Williams) and Phoenix missing shots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd do a lot better job at disrupting Deron if he didn't spend all his energy on offense.:mad:

no he wouldn't.

whew! just when I was about to get sucked back in, reality brings me back to earth. nice team... but too old and still too soft. but a nice little one and doner that at least i can now watch and just be entertained win or lose.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
same here 95 blow a 13 pt lead with 7 min to go ugh :(, looks like a new tnt streak continues..... Just unreal we let the jazz come back that much in the 4th when things were looking nice early. Man well on to the next game just sucks we should be on a 3 game win streak

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
no he wouldn't.

whew! just when I was about to get sucked back in, reality brings me back to earth. nice team... but too old and still too soft. but a nice little one and doner that at least i can now watch and just be entertained win or lose.

That wasn't softness that lost this game. The Suns played hard. They got burned in the 4th because every three they threw up went in. Simple as that. And the TO's were too much.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
And how good is it that Boozer didn't wind up on the Suns for an Amare trade?

Never liked him much after the Cavs contract thing and now I really don't like him. Sloan's got him running Malone's old moving picks, hip checks and high elbows.

However, on the flip side, Robin needs to grow up quick. He is better then cheap shot flagrant fouls because he screwed up a play. It's one thing to be the team protector/enforcer - it's another to be a jerk because you screwed up.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
But hey, that was an AMAZING offensive rebound dunk by JRich, right after a monster jam by Amare a few minutes earlier. They gotta keep bringing that stuff!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
frye happened, i wonder what his +/- was in the 4th

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I blame this on Gentry. For leaving Frye in way too long in the fourth quarter. Boozer was going right through him and Gentry didn't do anything about it until our entire lead had vanished. Then he puts Robin back in. ********. Meanwhile, Frye was doing absolutely nothing other than getting dominated. I don't know why Gentry had him in there in the first place. Lately, when we have leads, he's been putting the defensive unit in to maintain it and that's been doing wonders. Tonight he wanted to bomb away from 3 I guess but like we've found out time and time again that style of play can let a team back into a game very fast. Boo you Gentry.

PS-It is not a big secret that I'm a huge Steve Nash fan. Some might even call me a bit of a homer. But I have to admit, he killed us with his turnovers tonight. He really needs to take better care of the ball than that.

And always Boo Frye. I hate that guy. Absolutely worthless if his shot isn't falling. Tonight, his shot wasn't falling. Worthless. And he always has that utterly stupid look on his face after the refs whistle him for a foul, like "You guys are picking on me. I didn't touch him". He is the definition of a catcher.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns were playing their fourth game in 5 days and the Jazz came in with 3 days rest. How nobody could notice that difference in the 4th quarter is mind-boggling. It was HEAVILY apparent. Officiating was some of the worst I've seen on both sides as well.

Tough loss, but hardly surprising. It was our game to lose and we just ran out of steam at the end.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing the tired legs excuse. Grant's 37 years old and his legs didn't look very tired to me.
They all were as the game winded down. It is nature, you cant expect to have more energy than a team who has being waiting 3 days to play you and this is a team ahead of you in the standing, not like we are playing sub 500 team. Suns offense carried them through most of the game but they faltered, give Utah some credit they didn't let up and they played tough and dirty.
Would have really helped Nash and our defense if Dragic had played

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn't softness that lost this game. The Suns played hard. They got burned in the 4th because every three they threw up went in. Simple as that. And the TO's were too much.

i disagree. we couldn't get a stop to save our life and since we couldn't cover our men on the perimeter, it forced the defense to collapse which in turn gave up wide open threes and Frye gave up three straight layups. that's soft.

much like the 4th quarter of the SA game... where we gave up 36 points. Or did we lose that game as well because every three they threw up went in. Wake up... it's a trend that we've seen for YEARS with this team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i disagree. we couldn't get a stop to save our life and since we couldn't cover our men on the perimeter, it forced the defense to collapse which in turn gave up wide open threes and Frye gave up three straight layups. that's soft.

much like the 4th quarter of the SA game... where we gave up 36 points. Or did we lose that game as well because every three they threw up went in. Wake up... it's a trend that we've seen for YEARS with this team.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. The Suns got really tired and their defense really suffered for it. Nothing else really to say. I don't think this game has any historical significance like you're saying, they were simply too tired in the 4th quarter. That doesn't happen if they had a little bit more rest.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns were playing their fourth game in 5 days and the Jazz came in with 3 days rest. How nobody could notice that difference in the 4th quarter is mind-boggling. It was HEAVILY apparent. Officiating was some of the worst I've seen on both sides as well.

Tough loss, but hardly surprising. It was our game to lose and we just ran out of steam at the end.

BS. We buckled under the pressure and Frye got absolutely abused. If he wasn't left out there so long in the fourth and we didn't switch back to jack em up 3's suns basketball, which lets other teams back into games way too quickly, we win this game.

scotsman13

Reaction score
BS. We buckled under the pressure and Frye got absolutely abused. If he wasn't left out there so long in the fourth and we didn't switch back to jack em up 3's suns basketball, which lets other teams back into games way too quickly, we win this game.

well lost this game for the simple reason that we got tired (4 games in 5 nights is hard for anyone) and stopped moving the ball effectively. we went to one on one and at that point the jazz had changed and improved their defense on amare. if we had had goren or barbs i think we would have won this game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I agree Cheese... though, I will say that the team has become a tougher team than I ever thought possible. Still not nearly enough to really do anything worth a damn in the post season, however, Lopez, Lou, Dudley and Dragic have added a degree of spunk and want-to I haven't seen from this team in a long, long time. And while I remain VERY skeptical, Amare is playing at a level I never, ever thought possible...
They have some pieces here to seriously build on. Amare and Lopez in the starting rotation is a very serious combo (if of course Amare doesn't revert back to the old, soft Amare). Not sure about Dragic as a starter but man he is terrific off the bench! Same for Dudley and Sweet Lou. Clark is still developing, but again, not sure if I see him as a true, effective starter...
They'll need to deal with the aging Nash and Hill. And who knows what Barbosa will give once he returns...
I was all for blowing this thing up entirely not too long ago. But seeing the team transformed, and Amare playing a complete game at a level I never thought he could, has definitely made me re-think that theory...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's the million dollar question: This time last year, did you think as badly about Lopez or Dragic than you do about Clark? And if so, predict what we'll think of Clark NEXT year at this time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser