Jazz At Suns Game Thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Here's the million dollar question: This time last year, did you think as badly about Lopez or Dragic than you do about Clark? And if so, predict what we'll think of Clark NEXT year at this time.

Good point. I would LOVE to see Clark continue to develop and make a serious push for a starting position!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dudley needs to be the 4th quarter closer on this team against stronger PG/SG's. I'd take Hill out of the game at crunch time to get him in there.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
tough loss but we were clearly tired and they were clearly well rested and some ridiculous officiating. Its not the end of the world this team is playing well and if Dragic hadn't been out I think it would have made a difference. poopy scheduling by the league to give Utah an advantage, we have gotten shafted with the back to backs this year with the second night against the likes of Utah, Lakers, etc!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, I agree. The Suns got really tired and their defense really suffered for it. Nothing else really to say. I don't think this game has any historical significance like you're saying, they were simply too tired in the 4th quarter. That doesn't happen if they had a little bit more rest.

that might be the case, but then what was their excuse for giving up 36 to SA on Sunday? or when they gave up 35 to the Jazz back in January?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the million dollar question: This time last year, did you think as badly about Lopez or Dragic than you do about Clark? And if so, predict what we'll think of Clark NEXT year at this time.

not sure, but he actually looked like he somewhat belonged on the court last night, his first real playing time in a tight game situation. that was enough to make me happy.

would be great if he made that leap that Goran and Sideshow Rob have.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
that might be the case, but then what was their excuse for giving up 36 to SA on Sunday? or when they gave up 35 to the Jazz back in January?

Well, in January we were playing pretty badly, so it's hard to use that as a measuring stick. As for San Antonio, though... well, you said it yourself, there's always something with the Spurs. Our games with them are nothing like our games against any other teams.

I just think that the reason we lost this last game is easier to explain than the Spurs one.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Look, it's not a mystery. The Suns aren't a good defensive team. They will, sometimes, play good defense in stretches, maybe even for an entire game or two. With hard work, they can aspire to an overall defensive level that is somewhere in the mediocre range. But 37-point quarters happen, and they happen to bad defensive teams more often than to good ones. And they happen to bad defensive teams who are on their fourth game in five nights and up against a well-coached opponent with lots of offensive weapons even more often than that.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, it's not a mystery. The Suns aren't a good defensive team. They will, sometimes, play good defense in stretches, maybe even for an entire game or two. With hard work, they can aspire to an overall defensive level that is somewhere in the mediocre range. But 37-point quarters happen, and they happen to bad defensive teams more often than to good ones. And they happen to bad defensive teams who are on their fourth game in five nights and up against a well-coached opponent with lots of offensive weapons even more often than that.

They happen when Channing Frye gets 16 minutes and Goran Dragic is out with an ankle injury.

Dragic would've played a lot of minutes against DRon. But I do have to give Nash some credit for putting in a lot of effort on defense. He seemed to take away the lane for most of the night against Williams. Gaines, though, owned him.

cly2tw

Reaction score
With a 10 pts lead in the fourth, we should have more focus on defense. Yet, Gentry played Frye too long there, for one reason: we reverted to Nash ball dribbling and Frye would be good complement for that style of offense on paper.

Nash played adequate defense in some previous games in the last 13 when Gentry stated that we ought to reduce Nash dribbling. In this backtoback without Dragic, we should have limited Nash dribbling even more to save energy. Yet, the opposite was the case, Nash dribbled way too much so that there is no energy left to be effective both on defense and offense when it counted most. That 4th quarter is the most humiliating for Nash ever.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow the overeaction is ridiculous! Utah is pretty damn good and they were waiting for days on us and we played 4 games in 5 nights, anyone who thinks this loss was more than being without a few players and just being tired is reading WAY to much into this loss.

Billythekidd

Rookie
Reaction score
This game is a ideal example of how important Dragic is to the team.

Totally agree. Dragic atleast would have made D Will work a bit harder for his points. The rotation was of out whack with him sitting on the bench.

Suns played good enough to win but just needed more stops, something Dragic would have provided and we'd have won.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser