Jim Fassel...

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Probably.

Why don't we just re-hire McGinnnis. Re-sign Jake Plummer. We can trade Big and get LJ Shelton back. We can re-sign Anthony Clement, and Ronnie McKinnon. Is Kwamie Lassiter available? If so sign him up to. I heard Adrian Murrell, Larry Centers, AND Garrison Hearst are available, so that solves are backfield problems.
I think Rob Fredrickson is due for a comeback too. We can get Moa Tosi, AND ?.BURKE. We already have Calvin Pace, and Bryant Johnson. All that is left is re-signing Wendell Bryant.

Then we can suck old-school style.

:thumbup:

And Tito Paul would help in the secondary.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. I know you all are sick of losing, but you need to give any coach more than a year and 1/2 to change things. Many of you are really jumping the gun on this. D.V. didn't change the Rams over night. Geesh... :rolleyes:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
Wow. I know you all are sick of losing, but you need to give any coach more than a year and 1/2 to change things. Many of you are really jumping the gun on this. D.V. didn't change the Rams over night. Geesh... :rolleyes:

A Rams fan is the voice of reason?

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
A Rams fan is the voice of reason?

Yes. We went through this, and many wanted D.V. fired. One similarity is that Vermeil kept changing things to make it better, so so is Green. Give the guy some time. This conversation shouldn't even be happening until next year, or even the year after that.

Yes, you are losing, but your offense can move the ball, which it couldn't two-three years ago, and your coach admits that there's a problem in the run game. Defense- not as good as promised, but you can fix a defense a lot quicker than an offense.

Give the guy time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Petrino? His defensive philosophy is somewhere between "I dont give a rats ass about stopping the other team" and "whats that position called again that calls the plays on defense?" You get my point! Plus his teams have no heart as witnessed by the complete collapse at Sout Florida and WVU this year....And not that it matters on this baord but this is the same guy who secretly flew to Auburn to interview for the HC job before the AD had even announced they were going to fire Tuberville. Class act he is! :roll:

Man your blind hatred of Green is effectiing you pal!

Petrino would be an intriguing OC though, but I agree not a head coach.

Hell along those lines the coach at NC State that always wears the sunglasses, forget the name, he'd be an interesting OC.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two words: Gary Kubiak

I doubt he'd leave Denver for AZ, but if we dangle enough money he might. Damn, I'd love it if Kubiak was our HC. He'd kick arse with Boldin/Fitz (and Leinart!).

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Petrino would be an intriguing OC though, but I agree not a head coach.

Hell along those lines the coach at NC State that always wears the sunglasses, forget the name, he'd be an interesting OC.

Chuck "the Chest" Amato? I dont know what to make of this guy. His team is way down this year and the strength of their team -if they have one- seems to be their defense.

Oh and you do know who their OC is dont you? None other than Marc Trestman. Maybe we should hire him? :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Chuck "the Chest" Amato? I dont know what to make of this guy. His team is way down this year and the strength of their team -if they have one- seems to be their defense.

Oh and you do know who their OC is dont you? None other than Marc Trestman. Maybe we should hire him? :D

I didn't know that about Trestman, pretty funny. I thought Amato was the OC there that put in Rivers offense but that was actually Chow wasn't it?

He does have a good defense(Mario Williams). Scratch that one I thought he was the offensive coach.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I didn't know that about Trestman, pretty funny. I thought Amato was the OC there that put in Rivers offense but that was actually Chow wasn't it?

He does have a good defense(Mario Williams). Scratch that one I thought he was the offensive coach.

Yeah I was watching a NC state game a few weeks back and they were saying Trestman had "tons" of offers from the NFL to be teams OC but he wanted a more settled life for is family so he took the OC position at State.

I find it funny that he had "tons" of offers. I never thought he was that bad (bad yes, but Plummer kinda killed him here and I still think he was better than Rich Olsen), but he certainly doesnt warrant teams falling all over him to be OC.

And yes you are correct about Chow.....

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Probably.

Why don't we just re-hire McGinnnis. Re-sign Jake Plummer. We can trade Big and get LJ Shelton back. We can re-sign Anthony Clement, and Ronnie McKinnon. Is Kwamie Lassiter available? If so sign him up to. I heard Adrian Murrell, Larry Centers, AND Garrison Hearst are available, so that solves are backfield problems.
I think Rob Fredrickson is due for a comeback too. We can get Moa Tosi, AND ?.BURKE. We already have Calvin Pace, and Bryant Johnson. All that is left is re-signing Wendell Bryant.

:biglaugh:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Yeah I was watching a NC state game a few weeks back and they were saying Trestman had "tons" of offers from the NFL to be teams OC but he wanted a more settled life for is family so he took the OC position at State.

Yeah I heard that too. Said he gets to spend more time with his family. I liked him as a OC but sometimes his play calling was questionable. Could have been that he just didnt trust Jake in certain situations.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Rams4evah said:
Yes. We went through this, and many wanted D.V. fired. One similarity is that Vermeil kept changing things to make it better, so so is Green. Give the guy some time. This conversation shouldn't even be happening until next year, or even the year after that.

Yes, you are losing, but your offense can move the ball, which it couldn't two-three years ago, and your coach admits that there's a problem in the run game. Defense- not as good as promised, but you can fix a defense a lot quicker than an offense.

Give the guy time.

Don't you know Cardinal fans are experts at determining if a draft pick is a bonus or bust after 2 games and they can also do the same for a coach 1 1/2 season into his contract? :beer:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
red desert said:
for coach, what do you folks think? That is, if he doesn't take over at Baltimore. I think Fassel, given what we have, would succeed. And sooner rather than later. You folks remember his super year as OC here? That was fun.

I would like someone other than Green but I recognize he is here for 3 more years so I better get in line with it. The only way I see him leaving is quitting. Since we have no GM you could not bump him up to Graves job since he does not appear to have much influence anyway. Graves seems to be in tight with Mr Bidwill and from what I hear he is a loyal sort to longtime employees like Graves so do not look for him to go anywhere. DG might not like the heat if we continue like this for a year or two and find some reason to leave. I sure bet he never gets another coaching job.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
red desert said:
for coach, what do you folks think? That is, if he doesn't take over at Baltimore. I think Fassel, given what we have, would succeed. And sooner rather than later. You folks remember his super year as OC here? That was fun.

One has to wonder on what terms he left with the Bidwills? He would clearly have an idea of how this team operates. That could be a problem. If he has no other Head Coach offers then he would probably be interested but Green is going to be here where we like it or not. (not)

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Probably.

I think that crew would out perform our current crew.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, Fassel would generate about as much excitement as a turd in a punch bowl. I'm not sure who I would nominate to take over for Green, but it sure wouldn't be him.

How about Bush and Leinharts coach. If records mean anything they must be rather good. I know someone will cast out Spurriers failures but the best Coach the Cards ever had came right out of San Diego State. I would prefer to coach in the College ranks and have teams like USC and UCLA and all the young co-eds to look at. Full stadiums. With pay well over a mil. Not having to deal with a Randy Moss or T.O. or profits. Sounds good to me. Life as an NFL Coach must really suck at times even with the big $.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Green gets four years. Lets just hope during that time the O-line gets a few weeks and the QB gets half a season to work together too.

We can't keep rolling the freekin dice every week with changes on the team or every two years with a coach.

It just hasn't worked for our magical two year turn around. Maybe it takes three or four?

Green made a big mistake by leading us think Josh was the next coming of Joe Montana and we would be in the playoffs last year. He should have looked at what we had before he opened his mouth and told us it was going to take around 3 years to turn this team around. His words sure did not increase ticket sales and he opened himself up to a lot of this criticism. I think most of would have been happy to go 8-8 last year based on what we knew we had. I sure would have. Now with year three on its way I will be happy to see 8-8 again. We have so many needs we cannot fill them in one more year. Tough in even two more years unless we really do everything perfect.