Julius Peppers instead of Dansby?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If we lose Dansby...can we replace him (contract/rules) with Peppers?

Peppers would be a beast as an OLB in the 3-4 (replacing Okeafor).

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Positives:
Physical Freak

Negatives:
$

The best teams draft replacements for studs leaving for FA.
Bad teams pay premium for aging talent.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Peppers.
Height: 6-7 Weight: 283 Age: 30

Born: 1/18/1980 Wilson , NC

College: North Carolina

Experience: 8th season

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

"As a practical matter, this removes the Saints, Colts, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys, Cardinals, Chargers, and Ravens from the 12:01 a.m. ET bidding for Peppers' services, since none of those teams will be losing an unrestricted free agent via a contract that will be remotely close to the ballpark in which Peppers hopes to operate."

That is my question...isn't Dansby an unrestricted free agent close to the ballpark?

FYI:

The 6-foot-7, 283-pound Peppers, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2002 draft, has spent his entire eight-year career with Carolina. His 81 sacks are the third-most in the NFL during that span behind Miami's Jason Taylor and Dwight Freeney of Indianapolis.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
"As a practical matter, this removes the Saints, Colts, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys, Cardinals, Chargers, and Ravens from the 12:01 a.m. ET bidding for Peppers' services, since none of those teams will be losing an unrestricted free agent via a contract that will be remotely close to the ballpark in which Peppers hopes to operate."

That is my question...isn't Dansby an unrestricted free agent close to the ballpark?

FYI:

The 6-foot-7, 283-pound Peppers, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2002 draft, has spent his entire eight-year career with Carolina. His 81 sacks are the third-most in the NFL during that span behind Miami's Jason Taylor and Dwight Freeney of Indianapolis.

We'd be one of the few of those teams mentioned with a chance IMO if we wanted it but I doubt we do.

This might oddly reduce his value a tad too.

But I wouldn't count on it much.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we lose Dansby...can we replace him (contract/rules) with Peppers?

Peppers would be a beast as an OLB in the 3-4 (replacing Okeafor).

Doing this would imply that we originally had intentions of signing Dansby, which we don't IMO.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i think a new CBA is gonna get done because the players are gonna realize they will either have to play for terrible teams, or only go to teams for the amount that a good player went to a terrible team. Free agency is gonna be slow. Or at least thats how i see it going down....

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we were going to open our checkbook for an OLB, I'd rather Shawn Merriman who is a three time All-Pro at the position and is five years younger than Peppers.

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score

FYI:

It really depends on how much Dansby makes in his new contract. We really can't go after Peppers till Dansby is signed by another team as that signing determines the parameters for Cardinals.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
signing Peppers would be very, very un-Cardinal like

and I dont mean that in a bad way

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't get the man love for Peppers. Yea he is talented, but he is a 4-3 DE. That would be a very expensive experiment to see if he could transition to the 3-4. I'd rather groom a young guy

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I don't get the man love for Peppers. Yea he is talented, but he is a 4-3 DE. That would be a very expensive experiment to see if he could transition to the 3-4. I'd rather groom a young guy

Exactly. Besides, don't we have a Peppers clone who wears #93?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05