Jurecki just said Big isn't showing up for mini-camp

Mrospi

Reaction score
Denny is not going to put up with that BS............. man if he's not showing up, his days are numbered..........you have to question his committment to the team if this is the case

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the speculation surrounding Big's involvement in a trade package isn't as far fetched as I thought? This could be either a symptom or a cause of a trade....

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jo and Ian should get the reaction from Denny Green. They are down there today.

I had to stay home but I'll be there tomorrow.

Apparently Leonard told Jurecki last week that he's "got better things to do" than be at minicamp this week.

Mike also said a lot of linemen are upset at running 11 on 11 without pads when 11 on 11 in minicamp is not allowed by the CBA.

Mrospi

Reaction score
I consider that a bunch of crap...... who cares what the CBA says.... this is football..... they are players and should be doing what the coaches want.....do you want to win or not........

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Mike also said a lot of linemen are upset at running 11 on 11 without pads when 11 on 11 in minicamp is not allowed by the CBA.

I understand Coach Green is trying to instill a new attitude, but why would he push the envelope so much?

OP
OP
40yearfan

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurecki did say that Big is getting married either next weekend or the following weekend, not this weekend. Maybe his soon to be wife wouldn't let him go to camp this weekend. Can you say PW? :D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Jurecki did say that Big is getting married either next weekend or the following weekend, not this weekend.
This makes more sense. Maybe his tone in the statement, "I have better things to do," wasn't flippant, but serious. More like, " I have other commitments."

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

Mrospi

Reaction score
BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are getting paid to play football......unless there is a death in your family.... you better show up........everything else should be secondary..... maybe they should stop sending them their paychecks... see how fast they would show up then

Mrospi

Reaction score
My job makes everything else possible....as far as my living.... just like these guys..... family is the only thing that wins out vs my job

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrospi said:
family is the only thing that wins out vs my job
Right, and it sounds like the Big has some family-related things he needs to take care of. Without a wife, the family is not possible.

I'm willing to see what's up before I send him up the river. If he's just off laying on a beach somewhere, then I have no problems giving him hell (as long as it's over the internet, and not face-to-face!!)

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Right, and it sounds like the Big has some family-related things he needs to take care of. Without a wife, the family is not possible.

I'm willing to see what's up before I send him up the river. If he's just off laying on a beach somewhere, then I have no problems giving him hell (as long as it's over the internet, and not face-to-face!!)

Hey let's not be so hard on them, it's just mini-camp, it's not a REAL camp just a MINI one. :rolleyes:

Mrospi

Reaction score
Agreed...... family is first..... but if he's at a wedding planner instead of the mini camp.... I would be pissed.... schedule around the mini-camp

Wildman©

former FOOTBALL Coach
Reaction score
Chill...

What if the "wedding plans" were made well before a new coach was hired? And what if these plans were already scheduled around other events? IMO, several on this board need to sit back and take a deep breath... a VERY DEEP BREATH...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrospi said:
I consider that a bunch of crap...... who cares what the CBA says.... this is football..... they are players and should be doing what the coaches want.....do you want to win or not........

No offense but there's a reason they have a CBA and other things, to protect the players so you don't get any more Korey Stringer type tragedies.

If Green is really breaking the CBA, he should stop, and the players should be upset.

Sorry but it's just like all these nonsensical "productivity" numbers the markets release all the time saying workers are more productive than we used to be. No we're not, we're just working more unpaid hours because we're salaried so companies are paying the same, and getting more work. And nobody can do anything about it because we don't want to lose our jobs.

I have no idea what Big's excuse is, but if Green is violating the CBA, he needs to stop or he's going to have major problems with the NFLPA and ultimately his own players. There's a big difference between running a tough camp and breaking the rules.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Stringer's tradegy had more to do with the supplements he chose to take....people need to start taking responsibility for their actions and always looking for someone else to blame.......this country is turning into a bunch of victims instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions..

everyone thinks now.... who can I blame and sue..... it's sickening

OP
OP
40yearfan

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
No offense but there's a reason they have a CBA and other things, to protect the players so you don't get any more Korey Stringer type tragedies.

If Green is really breaking the CBA, he should stop, and the players should be upset.

Sorry but it's just like all these nonsensical "productivity" numbers the markets release all the time saying workers are more productive than we used to be. No we're not, we're just working more unpaid hours because we're salaried so companies are paying the same, and getting more work. And nobody can do anything about it because we don't want to lose our jobs.

I have no idea what Big's excuse is, but if Green is violating the CBA, he needs to stop or he's going to have major problems with the NFLPA and ultimately his own players. There's a big difference between running a tough camp and breaking the rules.

C'mon Russ. Quit being such a wimp. The reason Big is missing mini-camp is because the Cards are playing the Lions on Sunday. No, not Detroit, the lions from the Phoenix zoo. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05